IT job at Century Arms

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys do in IT/Telecom?
CPU microcode at Prime for a couple of years; oelectronic schematic CAD systems at a startup; printed circuit board design systems at another startup, back to Prime in the CAD group, followed by Encore Computer. Worked at a startup doing parallel computing research (govt funded, which explains why I had to cancel a vacation to automate a toy train to demonstrate I could alter and relocate running code); EMC where I spent a few years doing tape backup software, then a lot more years doing disk to disk on-line replication of running applications. Loads of fun. I retired from EMC almost 2 years ago, and now spend my time keeping the network at Hopkinton Sportsmens Assn running among other projects. We have a crapload of stuff online - access control, gates, furnaces, a bunch of cameras, wifi at multiple gun ranges and about 2000 ft of buried fiber for our CAN (club area network). I also do tech consulting for a couple of gun companies - I expect to be going to TX to set up a fiber network.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom