• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is USCCA worthy?

I have been considering it and read into the coverage a bit. I think it is clear they will help with representation for "a good shoot" but you are on your own for defending your self against BS mass "laws". By this I mean proving your preban mag is preban, storage violations and the mountain of other infringements we tolerate.

I have had it for a few years. Hope I never have to use it. I have looked at the alternatives and found this one fits my needs.

I have been considering it and read into the coverage a bit. I think it is clear they will help with representation for "a good shoot" but you are on your own for defending your self against BS mass "laws". By this I mean proving your preban mag is preban, storage violations and the mountain of other infringements we tolerate.

Correct. It's not designed to cover state firearm law violations, only the self-defense use of a firearm.

USCCA did a presentation before a class I took at CGW. A couple of the other guys in the class already had it and had nothing but good things to say about it. The app and the training resources seem pretty good as well, But for me the spiel felt a little too much like an AFLAC presentation I sat through a while ago, where I joined and then when I tried to use it was actually like pulling teeth. I went with "CCW Safe"

So I keep seeing USCCA pop up on my Facebook feed. Is it worth it? is there alternatives?
US Law Shield and I believe the NRA at one point had their own program. I went with USCCA though, as they seem to be the largest outfit. Not cheap, but what's a piece of mind worth? You'll get a different answer with every person asked.

I personally went with CCW Safe because my thought is there is a real possibility an trial costs well over $75k or so and CCW Safe was uncapped on trial costs. Also they had catagories for special witnesses and such.

USCCA maxes out at $250K criminal defense, depending on which level you choose.

any advantages to having both USCCA and CCW Safe ? it may be redundant, but is it like having 2 lawyers ?

That would probably work fine until they learn of one another; then you'd probably be stuck paying out pocket while the three of you argue about which is responsible for which costs. That is unless each contract expressly accounts for such a scenario, which I think is unlikely. If you want a really useful answer then you'd have to ask them.

I can’t even imagine how much these companies rake in vs how much they pay out. If you’re smart enough to be thinking about buying some sort of ccw insurance you’re probably also smart enough not to need any ccw insurance.

Last edited:
I have it. I have the mid tier membership. The amounts covered seem worth it for a low price. In mass I would need any help I could get. The training videos are pretty good to an extent. Im happy

any advantages to having both USCCA and CCW Safe ? it may be redundant, but is it like having 2 lawyers ?
Found this on the CCF Safe site Terms and Conditions. It appears the answer is actually "yes", it would be good to have both CCF Safe and USCCA:

OTHER INSURANCE: 
If a Covered Member has another insurance product, or legal services membership plan, the CCW Safe, upon notification by the Covered Member, will respond and begin services. If the Covered Member has any plans, policies, or memberships that offer any financial assistance toward their defense, the CCW Safe will work with the Covered Member to obtain any applicable financial assistance in connection with their defense. If there are conflicting terms between these terms contained herein and other policies or other membership plans, CCW Safe will attempt to negotiate resolution of such conflict in the best interest of the member. In the event of a Recognized Self-Defense Use of Force Incident, CCW Safe will work with the Covered Member to determine any and all polices of coverage or membership plans that may be utilized for the Covered Member’s benefit. Covered Member agrees to transfer any subrogation rights or interests from any employer, agent, agency, or policy to CCW Safe. 

Terms Of Service - CCW Safe National | CCW Safe Weapon Liability | CCW Safe Defense Attorneys

Found this on the CCF Safe site Terms and Conditions. It appears the answer is actually "yes", it would be good to have both CCF Safe and USCCA:

Terms Of Service - CCW Safe National | CCW Safe Weapon Liability | CCW Safe Defense Attorneys
My concern here is that you might get F'd over when there are immediate expenses and the two insurance companies fight over who is going to foot the bill first and has to attempt subrogation later. The vital stat to any insurance, gun or otherwise, is fast payout so you don't have to out of pocket anything.

My concern here is that you might get F'd over when there are immediate expenses and the two insurance companies fight over who is going to foot the bill first and has to attempt subrogation later. The vital stat to any insurance, gun or otherwise, is fast payout so you don't have to out of pocket anything.

This is a pretty common scenario when condo insurance claims are filed, what does the Condo Association Master policy cover versus what does the Condo Unit Owner policy cover? They usually resolve it pretty quickly but those are typically straightforward Property Losses w/ Condo docs specifying who's responsible for what or Master policies that have All-In endorsements on them that supersede the condo docs.

I wouldn't buy both USSCA & CCW Safe simply because I think it's overkill, but I wouldn't worry too much about having a coverage issue. Also, Subro wouldn't apply here because the Legal Protection (criminal defense) piece of it is not actually an insurance product. They'll have plenty of time to bang out the civil liability portion of it and you won't be out of pocket for that in any event.

This is a pretty common scenario when condo insurance claims are filed, what does the Condo Association Master policy cover versus what does the Condo Unit Owner policy cover? They usually resolve it pretty quickly but those are typically straightforward Property Losses w/ Condo docs specifying who's responsible for what or Master policies that have All-In endorsements on them that supersede the condo docs.

I wouldn't buy both USSCA & CCW Safe simply because I think it's overkill, but I wouldn't worry too much about having a coverage issue. Also, Subro wouldn't apply here because the Legal Protection (criminal defense) piece of it is not actually an insurance product. They'll have plenty of time to bang out the civil liability portion of it and you won't be out of pocket for that in any event.
Yes, but in your scenario (which I am intimately familiar with), you're talking about two distinct coverages that might have fringes of overlap, but also have a play book in the form of the condo docs which were used to generate master policy coverage. The situation is much different if you buy two of the same type of coverages, at which point the companies will fight tooth/nail over who doles out first. You never see anyone buy two HO6 policies or two car insurance policies for this reason (and because you can always opt to raise limits).

Back
Top Bottom