Is open carry allowed for police in civilian clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, we were in line to pay for our food at a local restaurant, when I noticed a guy (in civilian clothes)
wearing a full-sized S&W M&P (I think it was a 40cal). I could not see any badge or PD logo on his jacket..
When we sat down to eat, I saw this guy was at a table with two other guys..
All three of them had handguns on their belts.. And NOTHING to indicate they were law enforcement!

I think all the pistols were M&P40s. The model used by our town police.

Shouldn't these guys be carrying concealed??

MA is an open carry state. You can do it too, as long as you have your LTC.

Might have been under the jacket. Did you see a handcuff case or anything else? Did they have police haircuts?

The ICE guys that work in the Burlington office open carry in plainclothes. I see them at lunch in Burlington and Woburn restaurants all the time. They are generally in khakis/slacks and polos. They usually have their badge fairly visible though.

Yesterday, we were in line to pay for our food at a local restaurant, when I noticed a guy (in civilian clothes)
wearing a full-sized S&W M&P (I think it was a 40cal). I could not see any badge or PD logo on his jacket..
All three of them had handguns on their belts.. And NOTHING to indicate they were law enforcement!

You would think they should be concealed. I would assume they where going on or coming off a shift. And that was there service weapon.

My brother in law is a LEO in New York State and they are required to carry off duty.

I eat at this Greek sub place in dracut. It's right near a station . There's a few I see come in and they do a shitty job hiding it. Oddly the tiny female cop dose a good job . I ate next to her a crap load of times and didn't realize she was a cop till her radio went off .

Or it was someone who doesn't give a **** and is carrying fully within the law and isn't concerned with making sheep pee themselves.

This.
I don't understand why it matters if they were cops or not and they certainly don't NEED to conceal it.

Actually, it would be nice if more plain clothes LEOs would open carry without their badge showing. That would help the sheeple begin to accept the sight of a firearm without the presence of a badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Please excuse the brevity and auto corrected wrong words

Where's the fun in that?? The correct thing to do is to point at them and scream "THEY'VE GOT GUNS!!!!!!" and run out the door. Hilarity ensues

HAHAHAH, I would have done that after calling the cops and after that lay down on the ground from having a panic attack from being in the presence of 50 BMG caliber assault weapons with 100 round clips.

Where's the fun in that?? The correct thing to do is to point at them and scream "THEY'VE GOT GUNS!!!!!!" and run out the door. Hilarity ensues

Yah, real funny when it turns out to be some ordinary schmuck who gets harassed or worse, shot, by the local PD. ****ing riot. [rolleyes]

There is no law mandating concealment in MA, period end. That said if someone has a badge its likely to make any problems go away a lot easier.

-Mike

Might have been under the jacket. Did you see a handcuff case or anything else? Did they have police haircuts?

The ICE guys that work in the Burlington office open carry in plainclothes. I see them at lunch in Burlington and Woburn restaurants all the time. They are generally in khakis/slacks and polos. They usually have their badge fairly visible though.

Did not see anything else. If they had extra mags, I didn't see them. If a police haircut is the same one I got in bootcamp, then yeah..
Two guys had short lightweight jackets, the other had a heavy hoodie. Nothing that would actually hide the weapons on their belts.
One of the guys had khaki Dockers pants (so did I) and the other two were wearing dark pants, but no blue uniform ribbon down the seam.

- - - Updated - - -

I would have called the cops.

That did cross my mine for a second.. But I was pretty sure they were DOD contractors, Seals, or LEOs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom