• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is now is the time to buy before the next panic?

The push for new "gun banning" legislation seems to have stopped for a while, and the price and availability of guns, ammo and mags has almost returned to pre panic conditions. (except for 22lr) We are also between elections, so the political pressures on gun issues are pretty low.

With all that said,

1) Who out there feels now it the right time to "buy" so their not caught under supplied if another panic/shortage happens?

2) Who thinks that waiting is better as prices will continue to fall on guns, ammo and mags as producers create a greater surplus?

Getting tax return money and its burning a hole in my pocket ! LOL[thinking]

I don't buy based on panic. I buy when I want something or when it's a good deal. I'm always on the lookout for something cool that I'll enjoy. As far as ammo goes I buy it as I use it. I have a pretty healthy supply for my guns but I don't let it dwindle.

I have started collecting lowers, uppers, BCG's and LPK's again as funds permit, those were the hardest things to find during the crazy. Reloading now so also investing in components as I can.

I have started collecting lowers, uppers, BCG's and LPK's again as funds permit, those were the hardest things to find during the crazy. Reloading now so also investing in components as I can.

Im doing a bit of this as well if the prices are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah - you obviously don't live in Connecticut. The aholes here are just getting geared up again.

Just read through the text of what the Sandy Hook commission is trying to ram down your throats. They're trying to out-scumbag Massachusetts from the looks of things. You have my sympathy.

Just read through the text of what the Sandy Hook commission is trying to ram down your throats. They're trying to out-scumbag Massachusetts from the looks of things. You have my sympathy.

My wife and I had a very serious conversation yesterday morning about what we can/might do.

We have a reasonably nice home here in Connecticut. We bought it about 8 years ago, and did some extensive cleanup, painting, gardening, etc. I built ground level decking to complement the gardens, put in a gazebo with a hot tub that we run all year long. A couple of years ago, I had the upper deck torn down and replaced it with an 18x21 four season sunroom, which gave me a concrete block based 18x21 workroom directly under it. We put in hardwood floors, blah, blah, blah. In short, the house is a very comfortable environment for us after a lot of time, effort and money. We figure we've probably put into it as much as we initially purchased it for, but it's our home.

We'll have the mortage paid off in seven years, and that's our only debt. Yesterday we were talking about selling this house after we pay off the mortgage, and moving to a gun free where it's warm - Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee maybe.

The only things keeping us in CT now are jobs and family. I can re-locate. Seven years from now, my wife thinks she'll be doing something else that will let her re-locate. As for family, we have a forty foot camper here in CT that we pretty much live in during the summer. I figure we can just leave it where it is and continue living in it during the summers.

I wonder how hard it will be to get a non-resident CT permit in 7 years...

Oh, I think they are going for an uncharted territory of scumbag. That commission is out of their minds. Did you see who Malloy put on the committee, he's getting exactly what he wanted with the type of people he chose for it.

I got into guns during the panic, mainly because my "I want to buy some guns some day..." turned into "I better buy this now or I could be screwed", so I allowed myself to overpay to some extent during the panic, but because of that, I've been carefully getting bargains ever since. I've done well in that regard, and I'm going to continue to keep building my ammo inventory so that I won't have to worry about using all of my ammo when I want to go to the range during the next drought.

I buy when I see a good deal on something I use. I'll build up some inventory so I'm not stuck during a panic situation.

Yeah, it takes some free cash flow. But it feels good when prices skyrocket on ammo and reloading supplies.

I have guns for fun and guns for work. In the what gun would you grab question, I'd probably take my AR but jesus my $99 SKS has proven its worth. Pick a primary platform, get a spare, get parts and figure out how to care of it.

The only thing more important than ammo is practice

When Obama first got elected, you couldn't buy ammo. I promised myself I would never get caught that short again. during the sandy hook scare, I bought some but frankly had enough...

I agree the ARs are cheap compared to a year ago. I have thought about this recently but have not bought another AR. (stocked up on AKs though [wink])

The push for new "gun banning" legislation seems to have stopped for a while, and the price and availability of guns, ammo and mags has almost returned to pre panic conditions. (except for 22lr) We are also between elections, so the political pressures on gun issues are pretty low.

With all that said,

1) Who out there feels now it the right time to "buy" so their not caught under supplied if another panic/shortage happens?

2) Who thinks that waiting is better as prices will continue to fall on guns, ammo and mags as producers create a greater surplus?

I brought this up previously and believe, in general, this is a great time to be a buyer.

With all that said,

Stop living your life around panic bullshit and buy what you want and what you can afford, done. Who cares. The right time to buy is "when you have the money to do so". It's that simple.

"Waiting it out" at this point is retarded, market is pretty much bottomed out as far as guns go, with the current supply glut. Prices are not gonna get
much better than they are right now.

-Mike

With Republicans in both houses I don't think any nasty gun control bills are gonna pass. Maybe background checks, that kind of thing, but no bans.

But there's also supply and demand. Right now supply is really high on things like ARs, maybe handguns too. Manufacturers are likely cutting back production so the low prices may not last.

Look at BCM, their killer upper deal seems to be about over, probably their oversupply is going away.

Gun prices are dropping.
If there's something you've had an eye on , nows a good time.
Ammo is the first thing to dry up in a panic.
Buy cheap, stack deep ect., ect.

Back
Top Bottom