• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is now is the time to buy before the next panic?

I don't buy based on panic. I buy when I want something or when it's a good deal. I'm always on the lookout for something cool that I'll enjoy. As far as ammo goes I buy it as I use it. I have a pretty healthy supply for my guns but I don't let it dwindle.

This! Panic, or no panic, you should always buy what you want/need based on opportunity and budget. I refuse to get caught up in retarded panic pricing, and just buy ammo whenever I have a chance whether I'm shooting or not. Worse case situation where you have "too much", you can always unload it if you are short on cash, or have plenty to get you through panic times without overpaying.

Investing,so you are buying in hopes of reselling/neckbearding?

Um, no. I bought lowers/uppers/parts when the price was a good deal before the last panic so I had stuff to build when I wanted to do so. I use the term "Investing" in the sense that if some moron gun-grabber politician gets their way, or some event happens that causes more panic buying I will have stuff to build if I decide I want to build. That way, if the worst ever happens, and I want to build another rifle, I can. Same reason I buy bullets and powder, and started reloading, so I can still shoot when there is no ammo on the shelves. At the height of the last panic I sold a really nice fully assembled lower to a friend for what I paid for for the parts at "pre-panic" good deal prices. This was when people where paying $2500 for $900 AR's and $300+ for stripped lowers.

This! Panic, or no panic, you should always buy what you want/need based on opportunity and budget. I refuse to get caught up in retarded panic pricing, and just buy ammo whenever I have a chance whether I'm shooting or not. Worse case situation where you have "too much", you can always unload it if you are short on cash, or have plenty to get you through panic times without overpaying.
This.

I agree. I try to replenish what I shoot at the range. If not, so let it be. I will buy a box of ammo if my budget always it.

One way to look at the situation. Don't have numerous calibers. Instead buying shitload of calibers stick to what is practical. If I was a moneybags . I would have all certain calibers. I am still chasing the American Dream not living it.

I need to inventory my ammo. I've just bought more every time I see a reasonable deal. I need to figure how much I need to hit the storage limits.

I use the term "Investing" in the sense that if some moron gun-grabber politician gets their way, or some event happens that causes more panic buying I will have stuff to build if I decide I want to build. That way, if the worst ever happens, and I want to build another rifle, I can.

If the worst happens, they will make illegal stuff you already own. Didn't New York and California do this?

Back
Top Bottom