Iron Glock

What would you like to see in a host for a build party?

space enough for however many people attending to move around and sit. To file parts with a hand file you need something to put it onto. A table would be great, some chairs, plenty of light.

I have all the tools needed that I can stash in a trunk of my car (welder, drill press, grinder) More tools is better to work in parallel but probably not required for a small build party.

Welding part is not extensive, you are making tackwelds, so it's just point and squeeze the trigger for a sec. Pretty easy to teach. It does require fresh air, welding in a basement or a closed garage is not a good idea.

Otherwise, you need Glock replacement lower parts kit, lpk. The last time I ordered some from Rockyourglock and got them 1 week after submitting online order. If you have full size Glock like 17, 22, or 31, you will need that to make sure that your build works. If not, I can bring a few spare slides and snap caps.

oldschool.jpg

I'm concerned with the lack of any sort of forward rail on the iron glock. Where will I mount my bayonet and/or VFG?

A "Good" Glock?

Brilliant build!

I really like your Design—but first of all let me list my objections to Standard Factory Glocks:

I disagree vehemently with the Philosophy of Deliberately Designing Weapons for mass issue to dudes who are Not Expected to be Weapon Aficionados and who are Not Expected to have any particular Affection for their Weapons.

Personally, I would deny Weapons to no man, but a man who thinks of his Handgun as a mere Utilitarian Tool doesn't truly deserve a Handgun.

Second, I Loathe the very idea of Plastic in any Weapon—with very rare exceptions.

Third, Proudly and Defiantly carrying the Pistol "Cocked-and-Locked" is one of the Hallmarks that sets Warriors apart from mere men.

The Glock's Striker System prevents making a statement that way.

{And the "Striker Block" resembles the execrable '80s Series Firing Pin Block that Colt Blasphemed John Browning's Sacred Design with.}

You can't put Aftermarket Grips on a Glock and the Slides aren't Bright Nickeled.

Most shooters who use a two-handed shooting stance Do Not use the "Finger Forward Hold" (weak index finger wrapped around trigger guard)...

But we all have to bear with those Ghastly Squared-Off Trigger Guards because of the minority who do.

But your Brilliant Design makes the Glock into a Real Weapon finally!

#1} Make one of your "Iron Glocks"

#2} Instead of using a Plastic Airsoft frame as an Outer Sheath, make it out of Fine Hardwood.

Birdseye Maple, Cocobolo, Walnut...

Round that Trigger Guard.

{Might want to tie the Trigger Guard into the Front of the Frame like a Mauser HSC...}

Bed it with Acra Glass to get it permanently fixed in place.

Am I being clear? It ought to be possible to machine an Air-Soft like Sheath from a single block of wood.

#3} Add fine checkering to the grip area.

#4} Bright Nickel the Slide—see if a King fixed sight will work—the one like a King-Tappan only all black...

#5} Optional—Remove the Striker Block and shoot it out of a slingshot at the nearest squirrel...

A Couple Questions:

Can I make a 10mm that way?

That's the one caliber that I don't believe that you mentioned.

This "Marigold" company—their site says to look on this Forum to see their products, I have just joined and I haven't found there listing here yet.

Where is it?

You are the type fellow who takes ideas one step farther.

You ought to stop by "Weapon Guild"—a Forum completely dedicated to home manufactured Firearms.

That's where I caught a link to your build.

Might get beaucoup ideas.

Thanks again for a Grand Build!

Saxon Violence

Brilliant build!

I really like your Design—but first of all let me list my objections to Standard Factory Glocks:

I disagree vehemently with the Philosophy of Deliberately Designing Weapons for mass issue to dudes who are Not Expected to be Weapon Aficionados and who are Not Expected to have any particular Affection for their Weapons.

Personally, I would deny Weapons to no man, but a man who thinks of his Handgun as a mere Utilitarian Tool doesn't truly deserve a Handgun.

Second, I Loathe the very idea of Plastic in any Weapon—with very rare exceptions.

Third, Proudly and Defiantly carrying the Pistol "Cocked-and-Locked" is one of the Hallmarks that sets Warriors apart from mere men.

{And the "Striker Block" resembles the execrable '80s Series Firing Pin Block that Colt Blasphemed John Browning's Sacred Design with.}

You can't put Aftermarket Grips on a Glock and the Slides aren't Bright Nickeled.

Most shooters who use a two-handed shooting stance Do Not use the "Finger Forward Hold" (weak index finger wrapped around trigger guard)...

But we all have to bear with those Ghastly Squared-Off Trigger Guards because of the minority who do.

#2} Instead of using a Plastic Airsoft frame as an Outer Sheath, make it out of Fine Hardwood.

{Might want to tie the Trigger Guard into the Front of the Frame like a Mauser HSC...}

Am I being clear? It ought to be possible to machine an Air-Soft like Sheath from a single block of wood.

#4} Bright Nickel the Slide—see if a King fixed sight will work—the one like a King-Tappan only all black...

#5} Optional—Remove the Striker Block and shoot it out of a slingshot at the nearest squirrel...

A Couple Questions:

This "Marigold" company—their site says to look on this Forum to see their products, I have just joined and I haven't found there listing here yet.

Where is it?

You ought to stop by "Weapon Guild"—a Forum completely dedicated to home manufactured Firearms.

Saxon Violence

Excellent post. [thumbsup]

Brilliant build!

A Couple Questions:

Where is it?

Saxon Violence

Thank you for your post and many very good, solid points. I will add/change some things.

There are a lot of ways that you can customize the grip, even tweak the angle of the mag. I wish I had more time, because a lot of those things are in the works. I wish I had some Ivory [laugh] Unfortunately, Glock mags are doublestacked, so the grip is already somewhat wide. I have big hands and I don't mind.

Steel as a workmedium has many advantages for home built guns. It's easy to add and take away, it's also very durable. Plastic and Aluminum aren't easy to weld or form, and not financially viable for a couple of builds.

Boris if you ever need to weld aluminum let me know I can bring my tig welder . Mig welding it is so gross youll soend hours cleaning the splater.
it Fits in the trunk of my sports car and I strap the argon tank in the front seat.

Back
Top Bottom