Iraq insurgents using sniper teams

The old saying that "it's always darkest just before dawn" is particularly applicable to most major combat operations. Take a look at both the Pacific and European Thearers of Operation during WWII. In both cases we had gained the confidence and ability to undertake deeper and more daring initiatives, and both the Germans and the Japanese fought harder than they ever had before, realizing that their backs were against the wall. Pretty much the same thing is happening in Iraq. We're going into places that we tended to avoid a year or so ago, and the opposition is more desparate than ever, particularly in light of the growing success of the Iraqi defense forces.

Unfortunately, however, the constant comparison with Vietnam might be appropriate. After the total military failure of the 1968 Tet offensive, the NVA was pretty much stretched to its limits, white the VC essentially ceased to exist except for propaganda purposes. American "peace movement", including the mainstream media, managed to convince enough of the public of the exact opposite, resulting in our walking away in '73, pretty much leaving the South Vietnamese government on its own, while allowing the NVA to recover and rebuild, so that they were able to take over two years later. If there's a lesson to be learned from Vietnam, it's don't quit when you're winning, as long as the enemy is still alive.

Ken
Hey number9, you learning anything yet?

What is the story? Body counts (both U.S. and Iraqi) are going up... I think you don't see any good news from Iraq because there virtually isn't any.

Honore%20300.jpg

General Honore sez: “You are stuck on stupid.”

I just sent a request to Major Kulzer to send me information from the field that will change your mind. I should have it in a day or two. [wink]

Here is Jake's response and attachment that he sent.

Derek,

There is a lot of progress, it just doesn't make the news. I don’t have all the stats on the top of my head but we have completed 700 reconstruction projects in my province alone. Huge water treatment facilities, police stations, schools, roads, clinics, fire stations – you name it. It isn’t a lack of progress slowing this thing down, it is the infighting among the Iraqi’s. I will keep sending you stuff. Google search my name and you will get a bunch of articles on my team and what is going on in our AO.

Jake

http://northeastshooters.com/downloads/the_advisor_21_october_2006.pdf

Number9 if this doesn't change your prospective on what's really going on over there I don't know what will. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom