• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10,000 Assault Rifles Being Distributed to Israeli Civilian Security Teams

Reptile

NES Member
Israel’s National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir announced Tuesday that 10,000 assault rifles are being purchased and distributed to civilian security teams in communities along the country’s borders.

These are the gun that Biden wants to ban.

A week or two late I would say... :(

Apparently it was hotly debated last year. Understandably so, since the National Security minister wanted to create a civilian militia under his direct control.

But clearly would have been a good idea.

I'm not sure the debate last year was about whether it's wise to get guns to people living in the South; I think it was about whether that particular politician should control the resulting militia.

Shameful, how political squabbles end up threatening peoples' lives. One thing that should come out of this will be an actual RKBA in Israel, one hopes.

I find it interesting that one of the FIRST things a government will do if it feels threatened from outside is to arm its citizens. But doesn’t trust them to be armed when they are ruling over them.

Why is that?

Is that really common? Other than Israel or Switzerland are there other examples?

And to be certain those will be select fire assault rifles, not some semi-auto "assault style weapon"

Yeah, but they need a new license every 5 years, required training every time, a full background check including a keister check every time a gun is assigned to them and if their government paperwork is not renewed in a timely manner BY THE GOVERNMENT, they can go to jail.

Oh wait. Hamas didn't bomb mASSachusetts.

I’d be ok with an SG550, full auto of course. Many Swiss homes have these.

View attachment 804623
Aren't they all sealed in their "reserve kit"? Which has to remain sealed until their periodic reserve training when they get inspected, used for training and then resealed? If I remember right Norway or Sweden has a similar practice.

Aren't they all sealed in their "reserve kit"? Which has to remain sealed until their periodic reserve training when they get inspected, used for training and then resealed? If I remember right Norway or Sweden has a similar practice.

The Swiss Army used to give soldiers a sealed ammo kit, but seems like now they're given no ammo. But they can buy ammo and practice with their Army rifle if they want.

It's really designed for foreign invasions, in which case people would muster at some assembly point and get their ammo.

Switzerland. Actually it might be the 552, now that I think about it.

Sorry, mine is a 522, just a typo. If he's in Switzerland it could be this. 😍

swiss_arms_ag___sg_552_commando__by_rct66_dfpv97z-pre.jpg

If I were stuck living in Israel, I would use any rifle that works. Wouldn't care how old or obsolete it is. Rule #1 in a gunfight: have a gun!

Actually, that is rule No .2.

Rule No. 1 for a gunfight: If possible, be somewhere else. If not possible, then immediately go to Rule No. 2.

I'm not sure the debate last year was about whether it's wise to get guns to people living in the South; I think it was about whether that particular politician should control the resulting militia.

Shameful, how political squabbles end up threatening peoples' lives. One thing that should come out of this will be an actual RKBA in Israel, one hopes.
Like HD 4607?

it was about whether that particular politician should control the resulting militia.
that was exactly the point, plus, it was never about forbidding/allowing it to those who wanted to have them guns - it was about supplying them for free to communities, mostly in kibbutzes, of course.
life in israel is overly exaggerated here in NES... before all this BS - most people in telaviv or in any safe calm place would never really think much of any danger - no more than any NYC resident thinks of it. yes, there were always stabbings and occasional shit, but, i would walk there at 3am fine and would not worry at all.

i bet a lot will change now, and if they will not go to switzerland model - it will be a big mistake, but, again, the core issue is not to give any particular minister power over all the militia - it is exactly the point. if they will manage to overcome political quarrel and provide enough security teams with firepower - it would be very good. if not - most who want will think now of how to protect their families and will go through the process, which is not that different from our LTC here, truly - just a hassle, but not a predicament - to get the firepower they need.

did you try to shoot this shit with no muffs on your ears, like in real life you'd have to? :) you will hate it. very.

Can't be worse than my BCM w/ Mass compensator. And no, i wouldn't want to shoot that without ear pro. This is why Mass sucks, no suppressors.

Can't be worse than my BCM w/ Mass compensator. And no, i wouldn't want to shoot that without ear pro. This is why Mass sucks, no suppressors.
in real shit situation you will have no fancy things on you. :) you`ll be happy to sport some underwear, but even that is optional.
all rifles i made i can shoot with nothing covering my ears, and i shoot it from time to time with no protection, not to lose the sense of it.
18" barrel on .308 caliber, 16" on .223 is tolerable, but you need to use a good brake with a deflector - like on mine i have custom made blast shield that actually helps. on tavor i used a linear brake, for same reason. all this stuff needs to be practical.

Israel’s National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir announced Tuesday that 10,000 assault rifles are being purchased and distributed to civilian security teams in communities along the country’s borders.

These are the gun that Biden wants to ban.
Aren't they FA?

Back
Top Bottom