• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Invite for a test run on military rifle shoots (pics up)

we are still on for 10/16 (Sunday) ?

I know that there is that other shoot going on Saturday, so hopefully everyone can save a few rounds. I'm looking forward to the new bolt action only category + I got a new toy just for the shoot.

These guys are staring at me and saying they want to go....
eric002.jpg

I'm going to double check tonight at the meeting and make sure everything is on. I'll post here when I get home tonight.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

I'm lending Juergen my '16 V.Chr.Schilling 98M. I'll probably shoot the '03 again - I'm lilking the new sling mount feeling.

MS

Everything is still on for Sunday. We'll probably have to split the line and have a few heats since the # of shooters gets bigger every month.

Tomorrow's festivities are on schedule. Matt will be cooking up some grub and serving it up after the shoot to show appreciation for everyone who has been part of making this a growing success.

I truly wish to thank all of you for making these shoots such a fun thing to do. Everyone has been a tremendous pleasure have on the line, and it is always amazing to see the vast knowledge every member does bring to these shoots. What I found heartening, is that many travel from a good ways away and giving time on a Sunday away from family. Hopefully all enjoyed the food, and the shoot was fun for what we had for time. I will continue the shoots year round now and am thinking of a few more "Theme" types like, American only, and WWII only and such. This is not set in stone, as I look for what makes it entertaining fresh to keep everyone sharp and spread the shooting style so it does not become repetitive and boring. I also wish to thank Adam at ACME for Donating a bunch of real cool stuff for prizes for up coming shoots. Should any of you have an idea of how these shoots can improve or like to see something added to make them better, safer or more challenging feel free to share. I look forward to seeing you all again at the next shoot.

Matt

Thank you Matt! I'm still burping up bratworst and burgers! ;)

Any chance we can do an official (well, as official as the rifle competition we do is) military handgun competition next month? After the rifle comp of course.

John

ahg, thank you so much to everyone, I really enjoy going to this shoot, it's a highlight of a month for me! As usual, great company, great food, Guinness cupcakes (after shooting), Cubans, "other things" It was nice to meet JurgenG, we should fly him in more often, of course I remembered all the Russian jokes on the way back. Thank you Acme for the goodies and Ray for that target. That was a riot. My cat got some scraps and she ate them, which tells you how insanely awesome the food really was.

Milsurp pistol shooting would be fun. I think that everyone got at least a couple already. A themed shoot would be awesome for one heat (if someone can bring extras) and keep open class for the second heat, but it would be tough to top today's party.

It was great to meet everyone today. I hope I can go on a regular basis. Next time I am bringing one of the G43's It was also great to finally meet JuergenG. I still want to know where Ray got such a sexy mannequin. LOL

It was great to meet everyone today. I hope I can go on a regular basis. Next time I am bringing one of the G43's It was also great to finally meet JuergenG. I still want to know where Ray got such a sexy mannequin. LOL

I'd gladly trade a mannequin for a few rounds out of a G43! Sadly there were only 3 given away from the karma giveaway, now 2 remain in the hands of other NESrs.

Last edited:
It was a great experience for my son and me today. Great people, nice shooting
(the sh.t, too), excellent food (we're skipping dinner tonite) and a very nice range.
We sure hope to be back as soon as possible. Thank you, NES'rs!

Great meeting you Juergen and your son, great seeing the usual suspects also :)
the video has been uploading to youtube and has maybe 10 minutes left to upload (it's only about 4 minutes long, WTF youtube?)
i'll be posting a link once it's all set, shot a bunch of still photos also.... ooo, and i shot video with my SLR... just remembered.... i'll have to edit and upload that one too!
TOUCHDOWN PATS!!!
sorry, got distracted there a bit..... stay tuned for videos and photos....

ETA:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great experience for my son and me today. Great people, nice shooting
(the sh.t, too), excellent food (we're skipping dinner tonite) and a very nice range.
We sure hope to be back as soon as possible. Thank you, NES'rs!

I hope your son liked shooting my k98. Also thanks so much for the p38/p1 goodies. I greatly appreciate it!!!

I'd gladly trade a mannequin for a few rounds out of a G43! Sadly there were only 3 given away from the karma giveaway, now 2 remain in the hands of other NESrs.

I got to see if I can rig one up from foam for the next time, I only need a female model as hot as the one you brought. [laugh]

Hrrmmm... I know a few models, and a few artists who do sculpture and body casts.... Maybe i should send some emails.....

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

I'd be the first to volunteer to take full body casts of said models, assuming they are hot and not male. It may take me a few tries, but I promise to be very thorough. [laugh] I know it would be a dirty job ...
Hrrmmm... I know a few models, and a few artists who do sculpture and body casts.... Maybe i should send some emails.....

Thanks for another great Sunday on the range. It was good seeing everyone and many thanks to Matt for the hospitality. We will be back for more :)

I don't know WTF i did but when i got home my lower back was killing me.... Iced it... This morning i can't even walk..... Getting old SUCKS!

daltrey99, I didn't even know that was you! Apologies for not introducing myself. I'm the guy who picked up your leather P38 holster thinking it was still up for grabs. I had another Gunboards member tell me he'll take my MG34 kit. I know you said you might get back to me about it if some funds free up but I'll have to honor the other fella if he sends me money. ;)

daltrey99, I didn't even know that was you! Apologies for not introducing myself. I'm the guy who picked up your leather P38 holster thinking it was still up for grabs. I had another Gunboards member tell me he'll take my MG34 kit. I know you said you might get back to me about it if some funds free up but I'll have to honor the other fella if he sends me money. ;)

LOL now I have the face with the name. By all means, sell it to the other guy. I would never want to hold up a deal for me when you have a buyer now. I hope to see everyone at the next shoot. Its a bit of a ride for me but you guys seem like a great bunch of people. I look forward to the next one.

Back
Top Bottom