Invite for a test run on military rifle shoots (pics up)

Word of wisdom? Things I should know? For a total newbie who may attend 8/28? With my new- to- me, Mosin.

You should make sure your Mosin is sighted in and you can shoot within a 2' x 2' square at 100 yards.

Other than that bring at least 40 rounds of ammo, $5, follow the RO's instructions and prepare to have a good time with some good people.

We are on for this Sunday correct? My nephew's birthday party is that day so I'll have to fly right after the competition. OK well maybe I'll stay for a few burgers and dogs if we're still doing the bbq thing. Are we?

Just got off the phone with Matt and due to the weather (plus possibility of hurricane hitting us) were cancelling August and doing 2 shoots in September.
The after festivities that we talked about last month will be worked out in the next few weeks as I'm probably meeting with Matt this Saturday to check out the after event location.

Yeah, wow. How the hell did I not know about Irene just 2 days ago? LOL. [crawls out from under rock squinting at sun]

If either of the September shoots are on the 11th, I'm out. Got a charter fishing trip that day I'm not gonna miss.

The Sunday 9/18 shoot is on as scheduled.

After the shoot we'll most likely be talking plans for the October shoot (10/16) which is scheduled to be the last one for the year. Matt and I were talking about having a cookout at the club for that event as a thank you for everyone who has been participating.

I'll be there. Noon as usual? I may even have my new SKS by then.

new SKS, it's not that east german that got traded in for that north korean?

do you guys know anyone who has one of these:

1579435.jpg

7.62x54r, even on semi-auto would absolutely rock! They used to sell kits, I just don't see any around, and at 150#s they are very accurate.

Jr. and I will be there by 11:30ish.
Keep in mind there's a Pats game that afternoon, too.

ETA: A friend of mine has one of these. However, bringing it to the
shoot would certainly exceed my baggage limit and raise some eyebrows
at the airports.

at the airports.

I'm thinking toward the pumpkin shoots, water-jacketed barrel would do well for ammo burning mayhem.

We could always send a few 91/30s to red jacket and have them make us a Mosin NaGatling gun!

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

I doubt that you can do that with just Dremel, we all know they can't use that CNC machine [rofl]

better get one of these, 4x Maxims with joined water cooling:

3478007.jpg

I can't even imagine how loud that thing is.

new SKS, it's not that east german that got traded in for that north korean?
No it's a refurb'd Russian and I just opened up the box today. I'll shoot it for the first time tomorrow. It looks to be unfired since the refurb. Pretty nice gun.

at the airports.

So you'll be at the shoot tomorrow? Cool, I thought you were only visiting during the Monument Beach shoot in October. If you have those P38 mags with you tomorrow I'll bring cash.

Adam and I joined the shoot today. Well Adam did. I forgot to pack magazines and not surprisingly, no one had any spare .30 carbine mags in their range bags, so I had to content myself with camera duty. [crying] (Droid camera, excuse the relatively crummy resolution) Many thanks to Matt for running a fun & safe match. We'll be back. With mags.

More pictures here for those that are interested. And Ray, feel free to appropriate any and all for the Facebook page.

163398036_photobucket_51934_.jpg

163398036_photobucket_51936_.jpg

163398036_photobucket_51937_.jpg

163398036_photobucket_51942_.jpg

163398036_photobucket_51951_.jpg

163398036_photobucket_51930_.jpg

Feel the wrath of the IDF SNIPER RIFLE!!!! rawr! [rofl]

163398036_photobucket_51938_.jpg

a great time was had by all.... if anyone is willing to donate one of their spare ARs to me i'm still accepting donations :)
(speeding ticket from last week put a huge dent in my gun fund... a conspiracy on the part of th commonwealth the keep rifles out of my possession no doubt... bastards!)

after taking my shots at the target, i took a few shots at my fellow shooters:

View attachment 20524

View attachment 20525

View attachment 20526

View attachment 20527

View attachment 20528

View attachment 20529

View attachment 20530

guys, thank you for some great photo evidence that we were actually shooting, now, if I could only explain the lipstick ... [rolleyes]

if we'd divide the score by the bullet weight, those ARs wouldn't stand a chance [laugh] We'll see next time, combloc has to do better.

seriously nicole, you where the only one with a M1 carbine thats just not right. Heck if I made it to any of these shoots I always have a mag or 2 of my favorite range toys floating around in the truck. M1 carbine being one of my favs.

mac1911:2037524 said:
seriously nicole, you where the only one with a M1 carbine thats just not right. Heck if I made it to any of these shoots I always have a mag or 2 of my favorite range toys floating around in the truck. M1 carbine being one of my favs.

Too many combloc fanbois. :p

I will probably use the M1 carbine next time. I'll bring plenty of mags! ;)

Good times. Can't believe I had such a horrible score. The FAL is not easy to shoot offhand, that's for sure. I should have done better with the Russian SKS but I've only had it for two days! [excuses excuses]

Looking forward to next month's shoot and the bbq. Thanks Nicole and inerlogic for the great pics. Good to see you all again, and I'll see a few of you at the Marlboro show this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom