• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Invite for a test run on military rifle shoots (pics up)

SKS Ray

NES Member
A friend of mine is interested in getting monthly military rifle shoots going at Sippican Rod and Gun Club in Rochester, MA.

We're having the first one next Sunday, 5/15 at the 100 yard line. If it goes well it may be a monthly event but for now its just for fun and to see how many people are interested. I'm not 100% on the rules but can find out more at this Thursday's meeting and post them in this thread. For now it reads like this from the newsletter:

Military Shoots – Third Sunday of the month starting May 15th, Noon-2PM on the 100 yard range. 20 rounds; 10 from offhand standing; 10 your choice. Your weapon must have been adopted for use by a military organization. $3.00 per round. Prizes.

While there are prizes, this isn't hardcore competition. Its just a bunch of people with military rifles getting together to see if we can get generate enough interest and a good time. GOAL was kind enough to send down a prize package and there are a few gift certificates from local shops.

This isn't an official NES shoot, but I mentioned posting the info here with Derek and he said ok.

I'll be there with maybe...a Mauser. [rofl]

This one...1916 Mauser Gew98, M conversion by HZa Spandau in 1936. Bolt MM.

008-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

(This rifle's receiver is my avatar)

MS

Last edited:
Ray, is it C+R only or are AR's OK? Heck I may just have to make this. Could you post the address so I can find the palce. You know me, I get lost easy...heck I am lost most of the time.

Ray, is it C+R only or are AR's OK? Heck I may just have to make this. Could you post the address so I can find the palce. You know me, I get lost easy...heck I am lost most of the time.

Not sure if ARs are allowed Fred, I'll find out for sure at Thursday's meeting. I imagine some people may bring them but like I said, its more just for fun, no hardcore competition. I'll be shooting an SKS.[smile]

The address doesn't come up when I search, just a PO box, but if you look up the Rochester police station at 29 Dexter Lane you can find the club because its about a half mile down the same road on Dexter Lane.

Anyone is invited to attend and there will be donor rifles if someone doesn't have anything considered a military rifle.

Do we need to bring targets? Is there an official target?

Wish we had gongs.

MS

4 foot square gongs....we have seen some of your targets[laugh][laugh] Only kidding.. I have a piece of steel that we used at the Mansfield shoots that I could bring. I was not about to leave it behind at the club as a donation.

As to AR ray I can bring a Mosin . Or maybe an SKS. Or maybe a 1903A3 or a..well you know its tough to make decisions when it comes to military rifles. .

Great time today! We only had 7 shooters on the line but for our area and the first shoot it went very well and will now be a regular event every 3rd Sunday of the month with the next one being 6/19.

100_1846.jpg

100_1847.jpg

100_1849.jpg

100_1850.jpg

100_1852.jpg

100_1853.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone who showed and especially Ross along with his friend (sorry I don't remember her name) for making the trek and shooting with us.

The guy in the 2nd pic that collects SKS rifles.[grin]

But didn't I see an A3-03 and an M1 in the pics, too? There is no way that a sloppy Communist SKS could outshoot those precision US marvels of technology!

Was there a lot of wind when the other guys were shooting? Earthquake? Dancing girls?

Don't forget... theres no sitting down and shooting from a bench. We're standing, sitting on the ground, prone, etc. I chose that particular SKS in my pic because its very accurate and light.

Back
Top Bottom