Invite for a test run on military rifle shoots (pics up)

Father's Day huh? Hmmm. I might be able to make this one. I'll be heading to Chelsea Sunday to visit the old man.
I doubt I'm anywhere near as good with a rifle as you fella's, but I'd like to attend. Ray any word on whether or not modern military rifles can be included? I'm better with my AR than my SKS, Mosin, Mauser, M1 Carbine, you get the idea. My FAL will not be finished by Sunday, but if the guy I ordered go/ no go gauges and pin gauges from ever friggin' ships them to me, I should have it done by July's shoot.

Ray any word on whether or not modern military rifles can be included? I'm better with my AR than my SKS, Mosin, Mauser, M1 Carbine, you get the idea. My FAL will not be finished by Sunday, but if the guy I ordered go/ no go gauges and pin gauges from ever friggin' ships them to me, I should have it done by July's shoot.

The guy who runs them claims any rifle that served in military use. AFAIK ARs are allowed but the use of optics isn't.

OK gotcha. Maybe I'll just leave the AR at home anyhow. Give myself a challange.
Do I have to post a definite "In" or can I just say that I hope to make it?

ETA: I don't own any optics besides my spotting scope. Can I bring that?

Last edited:
No one has to post in as this isn't an NES shoot. Anyone at the clubhouse before 12pm with their gear can participate. The admission fee is small, $5 I think, and you need 40 rounds of ammo.
Prizes vary from GOAL gear to gift certificates to local gun shops.

It was a beautiful day for a shoot! 5 shooters including myself, 4 from NES. I brought my K98 which I've only shot a few times before yesterday. I had decent groups but they were all high and right. Came in dead last in the competition! haha! I'll bring something else next time. This was the first competition shoot I've ever done and I'm looking forward to the next one.
The one non-NES guy there was nasty with his M1 carbine. That fella can shoot. I think he took 1st? Can't remember but he was definitely near the top.

Thank you again Ray for bringing us along on this.

Thank you again Majspud for schooling me on the history of my K98, and for the stripper clips.

Boris I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell a Makarov! [wink]

We would have probably had more people if it wasn't Father's Day and the day after the car shoot. I was pretty beat up and tired from blasing away at the Porsche all Saturday. Thats my excuse for my score. [laugh]

I'll see if Matt wants to have a small handgun shoot after next month's rifle event.

011.jpg

008.jpg

Bulls Eye is 1 inch.

PM

Not bad for 25 feet[laugh][laugh][laugh]

awesome shoot, I actually like the smaller crowd, more chances to chat and hang out. 45.. I'll keep a bunch of cash for the Mak, but honestly, it looks awesome, I'd feel sorry even you'd have to sell it to me.

so we are on for a milsurp pistol shoot next time?

I'm in +1 (who's actually a Sippican member already) this Sunday.
My FAL is built and sighted in. It is one heavy rifle so I'm not sure I'd do so well with it offhand. Prone with the bipod down at 100 yards I was getting very nice groups my first time shooting it. I'll bring it along regardless for show & tell.

Yes. Ray I know we talked about it at the last shoot but is Matt OK with doing pistols @ the 25 yarder after we're done w/ rifle?

Not sure. There is actually a shoot going on later that day and I'm not sure which range they're using or if its open to the public or not. Won't hurt to bring handguns just in case.

Back
Top Bottom