Invite for a test run on military rifle shoots (pics up)

......99.9% sure I will be there for the 17th with the sks or 30 carbine.
My Goal is to get all shots on paper/target and place last.

Thanks goes out to all NESrs that showed up today.[thumbsup]

Biggest turnout we had yet and everyone seemed to have a great time. We even got Matt to finally join up on NES. Kudos to you Matt for doing these!

Hey I made it!!! Glad everyone enjoyed the shoot today. These shoots are starting to get bigger and bigger though smoother at the same time. I try to keep them simple, fun and fair, but most of all safe. Next one will be lots of fun, and the after party with a 500 yarder to play on will be nuts. I think a 5$ donation per to the owner of the place would not be out of place IMHO for use of the range, I hope. Thanks everyone for coming down. I am also toying with a military handgun shoot (same set-up as rifle but on pistol range) though not sure of interest would bring enough people.

I'll be there and $5 sounds reasonable for use of a facility to me.

With the shoots increasing in popularity I mentioned to Dale its time for another NES members shoot at Sippican and he agreed as long as we can have enough ROs for each range.

A great shoot today. Not too windy, not too hot. Perfect!
Matt thanks again for running this. I've never done any kind of competition shooting and I can see myself getting addicted!
Donations to the owner of the 500yd range, absolutely. I probably couldn't hit a mini-mall at 500yds but it should be fun to try.
Lets get some more guys in on the next one! I may be able to recruit a few.

A great shoot today. Not too windy, not too hot. Perfect!
Matt thanks again for running this. I've never done any kind of competition shooting and I can see myself getting addicted!
Donations to the owner of the 500yd range, absolutely. I probably couldn't hit a mini-mall at 500yds but it should be fun to try.
Lets get some more guys in on the next one! I may be able to recruit a few.

+1

For 500y shoot, I'd definitely suggest a use of a spotter. If we have more people, we would need to do two heats anyway. With a spotter, one could have a better chance to dial in consecutive shots. I have a few spotting scopes, I could probably lend one out if needed.

For targets, I was thinking colored baloons would be large enough target (the really big ones) that would collapse once hit. That or blow up dolls as a more "realistic" shape. I don't know how much they are, may be some members here can chime in on cost and best sources. [laugh]

Yep looks like that would be the 3rd Sunday of the month, and yes you can borrow any of my rifles as long as it's not the one I plan on shooting that day! ;)

ugh.... it's probably me, but, i don't know how......
brought my mosin to the range, locked it down on a sled, the thing wasn't budging....
8" or so groupings (those that actually hit he paper...) at 100 yards? (rear sight was set for 100m....)

i'll be at the next milsurp shoot.... but i'm bringing my canon and i'll shoot photos.....
unless someone else wants to handle this thing and confirm that i in fact can't shoot...

maybe it's the blade sight... maybe it's because it's not plastic.... i used to be able to hit a man sized target at 300m with iron sights, and now i can't hit a 12" circle at 100 yards with 75lbs of lead to steady the thing?

Which one?

1. Matching Gew98 1916 Danzig in self matching stock.
2. Bolt MM Gew98M 1916/1920/1936 Su58.
3. Bolt MM Gew98 1916 Simson and Co.

008-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

MS

Last edited:
The August shoot may be changed to a different date due to the Rochester Fair being held on the same day. They run a parade that blocks access to Dexter Lane for about 3 hrs.

I'll know more when I talk to Matt and discuss it with the BOD at the next meeting.

The 8/21 shoot has been re-scheduled. The new date is 8/28.

This is because of the Rochester fair and the parade that is happening on 8/21 Sunday morning. Access to Dexter Lane is usually cut off for an hour or so during the event.

Oh darn. Well it looks like I'm going to have to attend my buddy's rager Saturday night that I told him I can't make. If I don't have to get behind a rifle Sunday morning, I'm going to party my ass off Saturday night. ;D

On second thought, maybe I'll call it an early night regardless and not wake up Sunday morning red-eyed and stinky. Sunday is supposed to be the nicer of the weekend.

Are we still planning on doing a bbq after the shoot on the 28th?

Last edited:
Oh darn. Well it looks like I'm going to have to attend my buddy's rager Saturday night that I told him I can't make. If I don't have to get behind a rifle Sunday morning, I'm going to party my ass off Saturday night. ;D

On second thought, maybe I'll call it an early night regardless and not wake up Sunday morning red-eyed and stinky. Sunday is supposed to be the nicer of the weekend.

Are we still planning on doing a bbq after the shoot on the 28th?

I think I can finally make it to one of these, plus I need to re-up my membership, hopefully I will see you guys there on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom