Inauguration Day - What are you going to do today to keep sane?

What are you going to do today to keep sane?

• Buy a gun

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • Buy some ammo

Votes: 37 43.0%
  • Buy some hardware (scope, cleaning supplies, etc)

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Go to the range

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • By some mall ninja ware

Votes: 10 11.6%

• Total voters
I just happened to be walking out of my building at noon to go to the BX for lunch. The 1 TV in the eating area was turned off, and I didn't get back to my office till almost 1:00. Did I miss something??

The MSM may think Obama's our savior, but the Street sure as hell doesn't. Markets tumbled during the speach [laugh]

And the market continues down almost 200 points now. Why isn't the market sky rocketing, the Messiah has been sworn in?[rolleyes]

The MSM is blaming Justice Roberts for getting it wrong. [thinking]
Of course; The One can do no wrong.

Just saw the video on YouTube. First thought was "Geez, didn't they practice."

Barack Obama started it by jumping in, which messed up Justice Roberts, which confused Obama even further, then Roberts tried to fix his screw-up...Geez. Through it all Michelle Obama looks like she's trying to keep from laughing out loud at the 2 of them.

Of course; The One can do no wrong.

Just saw the video on YouTube. First thought was "Geez, didn't they practice."

Barack Obama started it by jumping in, which messed up Justice Roberts, which confused Obama even further, then Roberts tried to fix his screw-up...Geez. Through it all Michelle Obama looks like she's trying to keep from laughing out loud at the 2 of them.

Reminded me of me screwing up my vows during my wedding [rofl] I suspect the cool one wasn't as calm as he projected.

And the market continues down almost 200 points now. Why isn't the market sky rocketing, the Messiah has been sworn in?[rolleyes]

It's Bush's fault. Give him at least 8 years before something can be blamed on him.

I went to Walmart and bought 5 boxes of Winchester 230 gr .45ACP today.Like the true conservative I am I felt many things walking out of the store.I felt maybe it will be one of the last things a really free man can do in this country.I also felt frustration.I am tired of feeling like I am doing something wrong in the eyes of my leaders.Woe is us.

My company had it running on FOUR big LCD screen in our cafeteria, on the video screen in the seating area by the convenience store (internal) AND one of our department sheep had it on the TV on his desk (he monitors the video head-in system), complete with a small crowd standing around and watching.

Me? I ate my lunch and read Ambulance Driver's Life, Death & Everything In Between. Damn good read, even if you're not a paramedic or an EMT.

I was at ZHA at the time of the oath, three of us shaking our heads at the verbal fumbling. I did buy a case of 7.62x51[smile] then I paid[crying] SPG

I didn't want to start a new inauguration thread or hijack this one, but Can anyone tell me the significance for the 23 star flag used in the backdrop? The other 2 flags I understand.

A Yahoo photo

Families making more than $250,000 will pay either the same or lower tax rates than they paid in the 1990s. Obama will ask the wealthiest two percent of families to give back a portion of the tax cuts they have received over the past eight years to ensure we are restoring fairness and returning to fiscal responsibility. But no family will pay higher tax rates than they would have paid in the 1990s.

You can ask....you may not get...

It's Bush's fault. Give him at least 8 years before something can be blamed on him.

Well as the Democrats begin to get ready for their Inaugural parties the Market tanks even more down near 300 points now.[crying]

When ever I hear a democrat tell me they're going to lead -- I look for the lemmings and head the other way!

The circle? Thats the first flag, the Betsy Ross.
The other one is the Illinois Flag, the presidents home state.

The link I gave didn't go where it was supposed to. There are 5 flags hanging behind the podium. The 2 outer flags are the Betsy Ross (13 star) flag. The inner one is the present day American Flag. The other 2 flags are US flags with 23 stars. That flag was from 1820 to 1822. Alabama and Maine stars had been added.

Goto picture #8

Last edited:
The link I gave didn't go where it was supposed to. There are 5 flags hanging behind the podium. The 2 outer flags are the Betsy Ross (13 star) flag. The inner one is the present day American Flag. The other 2 flags are US flags with 23 stars. That flag was from 1820 to 1822. Alabama and Maine stars had been added.

Goto picture #8

That flag has 21 stars, not 23, you might have to squint a bit to count them. Its the last state of the flag when Illinois joined the union. 1821 was the year.

Where's the new flag with the Obama Symbol? Aren't we changing the flag already?

I spent the day at Northshore Firearms bought some cleaning stuff and figured I need a nice little airweight 38 for an empty pocket I have...[wink]

Spent some time at my local dealer. Ordered a new Desert Eagle. Strange, did not see any "celebration" in accordance with the day's events. Thought I might see banners and bunting celebrating the event. Oh well, guess the dealer just not want to participate. [wink] [wink]

My wife told me that they had a hugh HD screen set up at work today. I didn't see any of it ( [grin] ) because I was busy giving three people the class to get their new LTCs.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom