I'm on a roll

Got my LTC A (no restrictions) yesterday.
Joined GOAL this afternoon
And bought my first hand gun, a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm after work today.
OMG I'm going to go broke.[smile]
I was even eyeballing the AR's.

Is this addictive?

My collection of fire arms consisted of a single 1911 for many many years. Two years ago my wife decided to get her LTC......and it spurred me into gun ownership that yeah I guess some would consider "addictive". In two years I went from one single pistol that I had owned for a decade.......to now owing 2 shotties, 4 rifles, and 4 pistols. I, however, don't consider it an addiction given the current state of this country and the world........fire arms may some day be our life blood if you know what I mean!

I was going to order the single clip warthog but they don't make it especially for glocks on a specific one. one fits all and for my 26 it's too long and the end of the barrel is like an inch from the bottom of the holster, the one for the xds9 looks nice. I have an alien gear for that 1 , but looking for a single clip too

I was going to order the single clip warthog but they don't make it especially for glocks on a specific one. one fits all and for my 26 it's too long and the end of the barrel is like an inch from the bottom of the holster, the one for the xds9 looks nice. I have an alien gear for that 1 , but looking for a single clip too

Check out the little fox its very similar and if you get the comfort backing its very comfortably. The clip could be better tho

yes, and get a whistle

Correct....

whistle, running shoes, bulletproof backpack and a firm buttplug....this should ensure safety.

it might take some training to learn how to run w a buttplug in place but where theres a will theres a way.

Congrats. The Shield is nice, but definitely get a trigger job. I have a Foxx Trapp holster. Foxx is a good company, no long waits for shipping and they are reasonably priced. Hybrids cost $39 and the Trapp cost $44. They have a crappy website, but very good customer service. It won't be the quality of some of the other holsters mentioned, but it works for me.

Congrats!

Sorry, once you are exposed to G.A.S. (gun acquisition syndrome), you will carry it for life.

Don't forget to keep some budget $ for enjoying and practicing with your new M&P. Find a range / club and feed it well!

i realize the stock shield trigger is heavy, but i find all the M&P triggers soften a great deal with shooting. my shield 9mm has had no trigger work. after ~700 rounds it feels like it had a trigger job. stock reset is just fine...it just needed to soften up the pull with shooting. it was 12 lbs out of the box. theres no way its over 8lbs anymore.

in the past i have seen the opposite problem. my woman got a trigger job w apex in her shield when it only had like 20 rds fired. after the trigger job is felt great but then over time it slacked down to what felt like a hair trigger. on recheck it was 3 lbs...way too light. so she had the guys at 1776 re-tighten the pull and now its perfect AND stable over time.

Got my LTC A (no restrictions) yesterday.
Joined GOAL this afternoon
And bought my first hand gun, a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm after work today.
OMG I'm going to go broke.[smile]
I was even eyeballing the AR's.

Is this addictive?

Funny, when I was at MFS yesterday there was a guy buying his first gun, a Shield. You didn't happen to buy this at MFS did you?

Funny, when I was at MFS yesterday there was a guy buying his first gun, a Shield. You didn't happen to buy this at MFS did you?

MFS?
Is that Four Seasons?

I bought mine from Bob's Gun Shop in Webster.
I own guns, just didn't own a hand gun. I've had my FID since when they said "indefinite".
Most of my guns are shot guns. I have a really sweet Browning A5.

I just ordered an Alien holster. I don't think I would have gone that route if I knew it was going to be 4-6 weeks to ship.

MFS is Mass Firearms School. There was a guy there Thursday getting a Shield as well.

I got a Foxx for my Glock over Aliengear because I decided it was definitely not worth the wait of 6+ weeks. Very, very similar to Aliengear.

And welcome!

Www.warthoggear.com
7enagu7u.jpg

That's the double clip model .
5$ more then the single .

I got the single clip cause the xds is pretty small. Heck I was pocket carrying it lol . I'll be buying a double clip one for 1911 for winter carry .

Double clip is too big. I've been wearing my single clip way longer than my White Hat 2 clip. Just overkill IMO.

And addictive? OP it's worse than meth.

I just ordered an Alien holster. I don't think I would have gone that route if I knew it was going to be 4-6 weeks to ship.

Late last year and earlier this year the longer wait times were for the black dyed leather, not sure if that is still the case or not. Their new cloak tuck 2.0 was shipping fairly quickly (2 weeks or so), not sure if it still is or not.

Last edited:
Its still at around the 5-6 week period. Check out their facebook for plenty of people asking about their wait times. But you are correct, their cloak tuck 2.0 is/was shipping quicker.

They merged with Old Faithful holsters, so that had some growing pains too.

Last edited:
Its still at around the 5-6 week period. Check out their facebook for plenty of people asking about their wait times. But you are correct, their cloak tuck 2.0 is/was shipping quicker.

They merged with Old Faithful holsters, so that had some growing pains too.

Yeah I just talked to a couple of guys who ordered in June and they were quoted 4-6 weeks in their confirmation e-mail. Week 6 starts on this upcoming Monday for one guy, Wednesday for the other. One ordered black leather, the other natural.

Wow, is there any place local that sells like a cheap paddle type holster for a Shield I can use for now?
That's a hell of a wait time.
From what I understand the Cloak 2 has no leather in it.
Composite materials and neoprene.

Wow, is there any place local that sells like a cheap paddle type holster for a Shield I can use for now?
That's a hell of a wait time.
From what I understand the Cloak 2 has no leather in it.
Composite materials and neoprene.

I don't know if it's anything like what you're looking for, but I see a lot of Blackhawk! holsters at most gun stores I visit.

http://www.blackhawk.com/

When are you going to change your screen name?

Remington has pulled all references to that turd of a gun called the R51 from their web site. It looks like they are going to kill it. . . once they get all the ones they sold back in house.

When are you going to change your screen name?

Remington has pulled all references to that turd of a gun called the R51 from their web site. It looks like they are going to kill it. . . once they get all the ones they sold back in house.

R51 has nothing to do with a gun name or number or Remington.
So, the answer would be...um...never. [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom