Im NOT THAT BAD!!!!!!!

I went last week to the police station for my hearing.I met with the officer and before he even said anything I started to explain.My explanation was I was young and F-uped.He said everyone screws up when they are young and you really screwed up because you got caught!!!.Well after that comment I felt very comfortable.well after about a hor I was fingerprinted "again" was when arrested,and he told me if the State Police dont find anything wrong I will be recieving it in the mail.He said he does NOT give LTC/ALP to people that really dont seem to need it.Now I know what you all are going to say but for ME I was happy just getting the target and hunting.I will say this he made me feel good about myself he did not talk down to me like some cops do he was very polite and profesional and I couldnt been happy enough walking out of there.Now if I did not have a record I dont know if I would be jumping up and down over his finding,but being in the position I was in Im very happy.I ended up with a LTC large cap. hunting and target.Weymouth is nice!!!!

It's a PITA to be restricted for sure but you're in the right direction.

When it comes up to be renewed, ask again for ALP. As this was your 1st LTC they might be willing to upgrade you later.

My 1st LTC - back in '74 - when I 1st applied was for Hunting and Target. I was able to "improve" it the next time around.

I will say this he made me feel good about myself he did not talk down to me like some cops do he was very polite and profesional and I couldnt been happy enough walking out of there.

After applying for my original LTC years ago the head detective made it a point that I understand having a LTC is a "privilege, like driving a car. It's not a right. You do know that, right?"

Not wanting to make waves with them holding power over my application and knowing he was waiting for a reply from me I just said "Oh, yeah, I know." Said bye and left.

Boy, did I leave there steamed. But, in the end they gave me what I wanted.

I went last week to the police station for my hearing.I met with the officer and before he even said anything I started to explain.My explanation was I was young and F-uped.He said everyone screws up when they are young and you really screwed up because you got caught!!!.Well after that comment I felt very comfortable.well after about a hor I was fingerprinted "again" was when arrested,and he told me if the State Police dont find anything wrong I will be recieving it in the mail.He said he does NOT give LTC/ALP to people that really dont seem to need it.Now I know what you all are going to say but for ME I was happy just getting the target and hunting.I will say this he made me feel good about myself he did not talk down to me like some cops do he was very polite and profesional and I couldnt been happy enough walking out of there.Now if I did not have a record I dont know if I would be jumping up and down over his finding,but being in the position I was in Im very happy.I ended up with a LTC large cap. hunting and target.Weymouth is nice!!!!

Uhh, yeah... sorry, but anyone who gives you a restricted license
is not "polite and professional". He basically said "F*ck you"
without being so polite, assuming that it was his authority
whether or not to restrict licenses in that PD.

As far as the whole record thing goes, you either pass or you
don't. There's not a lot of grey in that... in free states, those
that pass get a license, period end... no BS about "suitability" etc.

Edit: I realize that some people don't really have a choice, but if I
was stuck in your shoes, I wouldn't be giving any kind of praise
to someone who intentionally restricted my rights.

-Mike

Last edited:
A guy at the range told me Weymouth refused to renew his LTC ad gave him a restricted class A instead. He also said, he couldn't afford a lawyer to fight it.

The only reason he could figure out why they did that was, the officer made a comment about his age. I'm guessing but he looked about 70-75.

It's a PITA to be restricted for sure but you're in the right direction.

When it comes up to be renewed, ask again for ALP. As this was your 1st LTC they might be willing to upgrade you later.

My 1st LTC - back in '74 - when I 1st applied was for Hunting and Target. I was able to "improve" it the next time around.

There is no law that says you have to wait until your LTC expires before you reapply requesting an unrestricted Class A LTC.

I have counseled clients in such a way that they were able to obtain an unrestricted license within a year or so of their original, restricted LTC.

Darius Arbabi

Last time I checked MA was not "shall issue" and it's KNOWN that the Police Chiefs have discretion on issuing licenses so saying it's a right might make you feel good but it's not. It sucks but that's the way it is in MA.

So- to the OP- glad you are happy with your new license. Have fun and be safe.

I was also told to give it a while and reapply and you should get one.He did say before I left that he requires a letter from your employer to get all purpose lic.

also MR. DRGRANT I fully understand what you are saying as far as my rights are concerned but you should understand where Im coming from.I have been arrested 5-6 times once for A/B.Yet they were all contiued without a finding still I have a record.I am not proud of that one bit.But if I jumped up and down and yelled that I have rights where do you think that will get me?I know hire a lawyer well I cant afford a lawyer and the ones I talked with said Im f***ed with the A/B.So hence the praise for WEYMOUTH!!!!!

Considering this situation, he has every right to be ecstatic about getting his LTC-A even with restrictions.

also MR. DRGRANT I fully understand what you are saying as far as my rights are concerned but you should understand where Im coming from.I have been arrested 5-6 times once for A/B.Yet they were all contiued without a finding still I have a record.I am not proud of that one bit.But if I jumped up and down and yelled that I have rights where do you think that will get me?I know hire a lawyer well I cant afford a lawyer and the ones I talked with said Im f***ed with the A/B.So hence the praise for WEYMOUTH!!!!!

You have a point there- CWOFs and the like end up being "cooties"
to some issuing authorities, regardless of whether
they're "statutorily" problematic or not.

I guess my point was though, in the grand scheme of things, they're
still a**h***s. [wink] Think about that for a minute- say a guy
with NO arrest record comes in, and he's going to get
virtually the same thing, if they require "statement of need" for
an unrestricted permit.

-Mike

There is no law that says you have to wait until your LTC expires before you reapply requesting an unrestricted Class A LTC.

I have counseled clients in such a way that they were able to obtain an unrestricted license within a year or so of their original, restricted LTC.

Darius Arbabi

Good info. I didn't know that. Thanx,

38special:you could ask to have your record sealed.what good it would I cant say as
C Jacqes(spelling)screwed every one in 98.
I can throw my pistol in glove compartment and go dont need permit unless I carry concealed.shoot out the door at deer in season sep 1 to jan 1.I dont miss Mass except my friends.and their all dieing off.I do miss the hopedale club.

Back
Top Bottom