I'm a girl and can't buy a rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is this: The thread's premise is misleading and the crisis largely imaginary.

1. That the OP is female is irrelevant. Period.

2. The type of gun she wants to buy is irrelevant. Period.

3. As she was not denied, her premise - "can't buy a rifle" - is false. A delay is just that; a delay. After 3 days, if not denied, the transaction may proceed.

To the extent there is an ongoing problem, as opposed to a momentary glitch, a UPIN will solve it, as was already posted.

Let us hope her future purchases will proceed unimpeded.

Last edited:
The bottom line is this: The thread's premise is misleading and the crisis largely imaginary.

3. As she was not denied, her premise - "can't buy a rifle" - is false. A delay is just that; a delay. After 3 days, if not denied, the transaction may proceed.

To the extent there is an ongoing problem, as opposed to a momentary glitch, a UPIN will solve it, as was already posted.

Let us hope her future purchases will proceed unimpeded.

What is said by Scivener.
Ditto for you folks who consistently get "delayed" on getting a UPIN.
Please fill out the 4473 form completely. Yes, the S.S. # was not meant to be used as an identification number, but it may help differenciate you from another person which can cause a "delay".

I question the validity of the SSN aiding NICS. I regularly write "REFUSED" on the 4473 and have NEVER been so much as delayed, still less denied.

I would continue NOT providing it, unless and until there was a delay. IF - and ONLY if - the SSN cleared the transfer would I continue to provide it.

Better still, if it continues to be an issue, get a UPIN.

All of this was discussed in post # 31, 32, 33, and 37. Get a sense of humor.

I think we're done here... come on kids... geezus.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom