Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

My brother lives in the Peoples Republic of Chicago...ahem I mean Illinois and he is looking to get his handgun license. I suspect that he may be in for calling go-time (he lives outside of Chicago & Cook County, but still...).

Time for some IL legislators to put on jackboots, wave swastikas and declare the annexation of the rest of the state. Good luck to them.

No gun registration here in Illinois per se, but you must have a firearms owners identification card to legally own or possess a firearm , hence a firearms owners registration. They don't know what you own, but it's a pretty good bet that a F.O.I.D. cardholder possesses.

I would guess that they're fully aware that such a far reaching bill has no chance, but they can then water it down to appear to compromise.

Cullerton is our very own version of Feinstein. B.T.W., once you get below I-80 (look it up) , the mindset is 180 degrees opposite. My dream would be for Chicago to become it's own state and then they could leave the rest of us the hell alone.

Does IL have registration similar to MA so the 5.0 knows where to confiscate?

Either way I hope it happens, we need a spark.

The anti's feel this is their best chance ever, they will put all they're chips on the table and go for broke. I think...........and hope they will fail miserably. That's how I read stories like this.

No gun registration here in Illinois per se, but you must have a firearms owners identification card to legally own or possess a firearm , hence a firearms owners registration. They don't know what you own, but it's a pretty good bet that a F.O.I.D. cardholder possesses.

I would guess that they're fully aware that such a far reaching bill has no chance, but they can then water it down to appear to compromise.

Cullerton is our very own version of Feinstein. B.T.W., once you get below I-80 (look it up) , the mindset is 180 degrees opposite. My dream would be for Chicago to become it's own state and then they could leave the rest of us the hell alone.

I bet it's about the same west of I-295 too.

So their plan is to confiscate tens of millions of dollars worth of citizens legally purchased property, by force? Property that they taxed heavily when it was purchased.

Yeah, I don't see this going well.[popcorn]

So their plan is to confiscate tens of millions of dollars worth of citizens legally purchased property, by force? Property that they taxed heavily when it was purchased.

It's making me angry that they would even consider it! Where's the Obama hero now coming in to rescue everyone?

Is going to happen. There are more of "them" than there are of "us". Didn't you follow the last election results?

actually there are more starving indigent idiots that want a .gov hand out. They could care less about gun laws as long as the .gov pays the food, rent and heating bill. It's the .gov that's pushing this no one else cares.

I can't imagine what the plan for confiscation must be, but it won't be pretty. Armored vehicles going door to door?

I can't imagine what the plan for confiscation must be, but it won't be pretty. Armored vehicles going door to door?

They better outlaw black powder too... I suspect some folks might be looking to the jihads for some tips on mutiny.

So...they want to ram a gun ban/confiscation bill through?
Ummm ok. Good luck. I hope it happens. It will either be torn to pieces by the courts or kick off 'go-time'.

Either way, let them be the test case. Morons.

No one will do anything.

Look at MGL,I don't see MA folks storming the castle to take back thier rights.

Never happen

The problem is, if it is ignored, it CAN happen.

On the other hand, if it ISN'T ignored, it distracts from defending against other threats (such as increased taxes, bans on high cap magazines, etc) that might have a real chance of passing if only we're to distracted to fight it.

You might say the banners are using a shotgun with a high cap magazine against us. They just keep shooting and shooting and we have to successfully counter every single attack or they win...

It'll be Waco on an Epic scale!

I know you guys are saying that some will go other say some will fight. The reality is that it's both. The ones that will go will be the people who said it's partially okay to give up FUDD for instance and now they'll see their guns gone and be confused at what just happened (learn your lesson!) and then the hardcore guys will either lie that they don't have them or they'll fight.

It will be a bloodbath of unimaginable proportions. People will come in from other states to assist and if someone in the Fed doesn't say this guy has to back down we're going to see something we have only imagined in the history books.

Heller was supposed to force Washington DC to allow licensed gun owners to carry outside the home... still hasn't happened. These people dont give a s__t what the SCOTUS says...

In reality, who is going to force them to comply ?

Actually, Heller didn't address carry outside the home at all. Neither did McDonald for that matter. However, Heller did talk about weapons in common use, so I would think that this would be the basis for a challenge if this bill becomes law.

They better outlaw black powder too... I suspect some folks might be looking to the jihads for some tips on mutiny.

You just hit the nail on the head. If people think a lot of Americans were killed in the last twelve years of war, you haven't seen nothing yet. Wait until Americans start building IED's.

Not going to happen.

There are 2 bills being introduced, one that will ban all modern firearms, and one that will ban all high capacity magazines. The first bill is there so they have something to take off the table so they can make a deal on the second bill. It's one of the oldest tricks in politics... ask for everything so when the dealing is done, you're left with what you wanted.

Illinois might have a high capacity magazine law soon, but definitely not an all out ban on modern firearms.

Wait until Americans start building IED's.

We don't have to. The last gun act at Waco spurned the Oklahoma City Bombing. We already know what it looks like when American turns to terror on its own people.

I don't want to see that repeated. Ever!

No one will do anything.

Look at MGL,I don't see MA folks storming the castle to take back thier rights.

Yup. Sorry cowboys, but I bet everyone here would turn in their guns just on a phone call from the cops. 'Hello mr. Smith this is sargent jones from the town police you have 24 hoirs to turn in (list weapons) or be arrested for felony possesion'
Everyone will cave, wait for someone else to do something, uh we'll just fight in the courts or with the ballot box. That'll work<sarcasm>

Is going to happen. There are more of "them" than there are of "us". Didn't you follow the last election results?
The more of "them" sure ain't no equal to "us". I will commit right now to taking on at least ten of "them" myself. I have found in life that the ones who talk the loudest also run the fastest. I hope some asshat lights this fuse cause I'm sick of all these sniveling puppets.

It's getting closer to decision time folks. Bend over and take it, or stand and fight....you decide

minute-man-lg.jpg

Well, although this is not a particularly good example because the Constitution specifically grants you the right to bear arms, I think the country would work a lot better if we had a lot more federalism. If you want to live in a state with a weapon ban, Illinois in this case, so be it. If you want to live in a state, like VT or NH, where they take 2A rights a lot more seriously, so be it. The reason our politics are so broken however is that Feinstein and Schumer want to impose CA and NY on TX and NH.

Well, although this is not a particularly good example because the Constitution specifically grants you the right to bear arms, I think the country would work a lot better if we had a lot more federalism. If you want to live in a state with a weapon ban, Illinois in this case, so be it. If you want to live in a state, like VT or NH, where they take 2A rights a lot more seriously, so be it. The reason our politics are so broken however is that Feinstein and Schumer want to impose CA and NY on TX and NH.

You mean less federalism?

Introducing a law like this should result in impeachment and the death penalty. I'm talking about a legal process here -- not vigilantism. We have no liberty if at every turn we are forced to monitor our government, petition, oppose, and lobby in hope of protecting that liberty from their repeated threats. A free man cannot be at the mercy of his government. They should be at the mercy of the people and live in fear of even suggestion of law such as this.

Back
Top Bottom