• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

Holy crap.

Well I guess we'll see how well "just following orders" goes. My guess is cops have no problem confiscating them and most people will be stupid enough to give them up.

Although I believe that quite a few want to see this happen, I don't think it will. It's too obvious and their goal is exposed. That's not how they operate, they use more of an erosion tactic. It's too soon in their quest to be so open and honest IMO.

It's getting closer to decision time folks. Bend over and take it, or stand and fight....you decide

Does IL have registration similar to MA so the 5.0 knows where to confiscate?

Either way I hope it happens, we need a spark.

Heller was supposed to force Washington DC to allow licensed gun owners to carry outside the home... still hasn't happened. These people dont give a s__t what the SCOTUS says...

In reality, who is going to force them to comply ?

Wow!!! It's amazing how they act like the 2nd Ammendment is a joke, completely ignoring our rights and the constitution. What a bunch of Traitors!!!

I went to an Illinois gun store back in 2007 (?) and they gave me so much crap for being from Mass and Ted Kennedy even after I told them I don't support bans or any Kennedy. Then when they were done bitching I asked them if they were going to vote for their Senator for President? Nearly got shot for that quip. One guy pointed out how we can carry in Mass but they can't carry at all in Ill. Them gun store cowboys needed to disarm to drive home! They didn't seem willing to admit any ability to carry in Mass made it better but it seemed to me they were worse of than Mass., which is hard to imagine.

Be interesting to watch a state try the confiscation route. Maybe it will wake up the rest of the country to the road that we are going down (not that the media would report anything...). Definitely something in the water in Illinois. Over 500 murders in Chicago alone and they still think disarming law abiding citizens is the way to go.

go time in Illinois

IMO, its the wrong place for this to happen. I don't know the facts but I would guess that Illinios does not have a very large collection of gun owners who would resist very hard. My inlaws are from Chicago and talking to them is like talking to a pre programmed robot. It's mind blowing how brain washed they are. Unfortunately, most people from that area seem just like them.

IMO, its the wrong place for this to happen. I don't know the facts but I would guess that Illinios does not have a very large collection of gun owners who would resist very hard. My inlaws are from Chicago and talking to them is like talking to a pre programmed robot. It's mind blowing how brain washed they are. Unfortunately, most people from that area seem just like them.

Look at a map... Illinois is a big state, and at least as big as New England... that would be like equating people from Cambridge with people from Houlton Maine. Chicago is tucked into a small corner of it... the rest borders Missouri (and the St Louis metro), Kentucky, Indiana, and Iowa.... seems like the perfect place. City vs Country.

Most of the state isn't like Chicago. Quite the opposite actually. After you get out of Chicago, it's completely different.

I hope you guys are right because if this passes, it CANNOT pass smoothly for them. It's that whole slippery slope thing. It needs to be met with resistance or other states might try something similar.

Yup. Illinois is Chicago and the surrounding high-density high-poverty high-crime area vs. the rest of the state. Outside of the Chicago metro area this idiocy won't fly. Unfortunately for the residents of downstate Illinois, the entire politics are driven by Chicago.

Yup. Illinois is Chicago and the surrounding high-density high-poverty high-crime area vs. the rest of the state. Outside of the Chicago metro area this idiocy won't fly. Unfortunately for the residents of downstate Illinois, the entire politics are driven by Chicago.

New York is very similar. Living close to upstate NY, I can't count how many regular folks I've encountered over the years who would be perfectly happy to see NYC float away into the Atlantic. They feed the city with their tax dollars, see very little recompense, and live under a set of absurd laws and financial burdens designed solely to support the massive tick buried in the flank of the state's southeast corner.

Just say 'No', and mean it, live by it. No you may not have my rights granted by the Creator to defend one-self because you, as the state, has decided to take them. WE THE PEOPLE are in charge, not the state.

Last edited:
This! I grew up in Illinois...lived in the North, then moved to the South. I recently talked to a buddy of mine back there. He said, "we ain't giving up our guns, we will go out with a blaze of glory". I grew up with this guy...he is serious, and I believe him. [thinking]

This is gonna be good!!![popcorn]

Back
Top Bottom