• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IHC Garands being offered by CMP

All IHC M1 Garands are limited to one per customer. We will begin accepting orders March 11th. Any orders received prior to this date will not be accepted. The quantities available of the Garands listed below are limited and will be sold to qualified purchasers "first come first serve" with no preferential treatment. A small quantity will be offered in the stores with the majority going to mail order customers. The M1s are no exchange due to severely limited quantities available. The XM855 is limited in our inventory and probably the last we will ever see or be allowed to offer.

RM1IHCS- M1 Garand IHC Service Grade. Only part guaranteed to be IHC is the receiver. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Service Grade description on website.
$960.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1IHCF- M1 Garand IHC Field Grade. Only part guaranteed to be IHC is the receiver. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Field Grade description on website.
$810.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1IHCSLMR- M1 Garand IHC Service Grade with IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Service Grade description on website.
$1010.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1IHCFLMR- M1 Garand IHC Field Grade with IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Field Grade description on website.
$960.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1IHCSGAP4- M1 Service Grade IHC with 4 million Gap Letter IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed.
$1110.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1DSPECIAL- M1D Garand Service Grade Springfield. Reparked SA receiver with new 1952-1953 dated M1D barrel. Reparked parts. New Walnut stock/handguards. Reproduction HI-LUX optics M82 scope and reproduction M82 mount.
$2000.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

I will also be sitting this one out, as I have a Rasheed carbine I am after, and I got a service grade Postage stamp last year.

Going to try to snag a Field grade.

I'm back on the fence.. I'll have to sleep on it. Trying to save up/pay off my credit card debt - especially if I want to buy my own place in a year.. Tough, because I know I'll never see an $800 IHC ever again. Someone buy my Ruger MK III or my Spikes 5.45x39 Upper!

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know where they find lots like this?

Just curious.

I think they're sitting on them in storage. As they crack open the containers, they set aside the oddities, IHCs being one of them. Once they have enough to sell - they list them. The real oddities go to auction. They don't know what they have until they move them from storage to their armory for grading.

I think they're sitting on them in storage. As they crack open the containers, they set aside the oddities, IHCs being one of them. Once they have enough to sell - they list them. The real oddities go to auction. They don't know what they have until they move them from storage to their armory for grading.

This.

The CMP was sitting on the IHC's until they had enough to put up for sale. They know they have them, just not which crates they are in until they open them.

Looking to get my first, I can afford it with tax return this year. I'm thinking about the service grade, RM1IHCSGAP4. Is it worth paying extra for the 4 million gap letter? If you were only going to have one, would you go that way? I do plan on shooting it, but don't think it would see a lot of use.
Thanks

Looking to get my first, I can afford it with tax return this year. I'm thinking about the service grade, RM1IHCSGAP4. Is it worth paying extra for the 4 million gap letter? If you were only going to have one, would you go that way? I do plan on shooting it, but don't think it would see a lot of use.
Thanks
If you just want a "IHC" any of the offerings will do. Just remember what you order is what you get. No substitutions. So if there is a collector value to the 4mil gap there is,most likely less of them.
If your looking for a hic shooter a standard SG will do...I'm torn. I would like to have that ihc void filled.....but I'm not a serious collector...800+ can be better spent on my end. Hate these battles in my head.

Thanks to OP for the head's up!

Paging Mac1911... [grin]

IIRC, the later 4 mil IHC serial numbers were post WWII. My google-fu has been neutered by United's 'policy' in their lounge- I'm sitting here at Boston Logan waiting to start my ~2 week trip to Korea and Japan. Yeah, I'm posting on the interwebs that I will be away. Someone please try to sack my house- my Rott and GSD are hungry.

Back on topic: I've been thinking about grabbing another M1 and the IHC is pretty tempting. Wonder if they would accept a phone order since I recently sent in paperwork for my Special.

Thanks

The gap letters are harder to come by. If you can afford it Id recommend getting one.

Is there a sticky that explains how this works? I'd like to get some of the surplus.

Yup, right above. CMP Process thread.

Also, the CMP website is very thorough on how to order, and all the forms needed are there. It's actually pretty easy, as long as you have everything to satisfy their requirements to order.

Looks like all the 855 is gone. Dropped my order in the mail today, USPS First Class - hopefully it get's there with some of the IHC Field Grades left.. If not - it wasn't meant to be.

I'm just trying to fill the IHC void with a field grade - if I get something nicer, awesome. Then that just leaves the Winchester void.
If you're looking for a shooter, IHC Service Grade (but you're paying a premium for it being IHC). If you want a shooter that you don't care if it's an IHC or not, then just do the luck of the draw Service Grade.

Thanks

I'm not a collector either, I like to shoot my rifles often as I can. I ordered a service grade Springfield last summer and I'm plenty satisfied with it being my first Garand. I'd recommend (as I'm sure mac1911 would too) buy a luck of the draw service grade and save the extra money on buying some ammo to feed it.

Trying to get the paper work squared away. I wasn't expecting to need a letter from my club and have things notarized.
Thanks

Yeah there's a few bits of paperwork involved. If you're a member of GOAL MA, you shouldn't need any letters/paperwork from your local club/range. Just send a copy of your GOAL membership card.

If you live/work near me Gloucester/Andover area, I could have my fiance notarize the paperwork for you.

I just sent in the paperwork without my club letter (they have limited hours at the office to get it). I spoke with customer support and they recommended I get the order form in while they have a supply of rifles. I can get them the letter later. They also stated that they expected alot of orders tomorrow, people sending their forms in overnight mail. They didn't say it was necessary but.... I sent mine overnight, let the clock begin.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah there's a few bits of paperwork involved. If you're a member of GOAL MA, you shouldn't need any letters/paperwork from your local club/range. Just send a copy of your GOAL membership card.

If you live/work near me Gloucester/Andover area, I could have my fiance notarize the paperwork for you.

Thanks for the offer, I have one at my work

If your looking for a hic shooter a standard SG will do...I'm torn. I would like to have that ihc void filled.....but I'm not a serious collector...800+ can be better spent on my end. Hate these battles in my head.
Personally I wouldn't be buying an IHC as a shooter.

Back
Top Bottom