• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IHC Garands being offered by CMP

sent it Piority mail express, shows delivered on 3-11-15. I received an email @ 4:00, "we regret we will not be able to fill your order".

So now my choices are:
RM1IHCF (field grade) $810.00
RM1IHCFLMR (field grade with LMR barrel) $960.00
RM1SERVICE $730.00
RM1SPECIAL $1030.00

This will be my first Garand, not sure which way to go but leaning towards RM1Service or RM1Special. Any opinions?
If this is your first M1 and you don't have your heart set on an IHC, go with the RM1SERVICE for $730. Service grades are generally beautiful guns for the money. Include a note asking for a GI stock if you don't want new wood.

sent it Piority mail express, shows delivered on 3-11-15. I received an email @ 4:00, "we regret we will not be able to fill your order".

So now my choices are:
RM1IHCF (field grade) $810.00
RM1IHCFLMR (field grade with LMR barrel) $960.00
RM1SERVICE $730.00
RM1SPECIAL $1030.00

This will be my first Garand, not sure which way to go but leaning towards RM1Service or RM1Special. Any opinions?

This is a tough one. Personally I like to shoot my M1. Go to CMP matches. Hello that's what the CMP is all about CIVILIAN MARKSMENSHIP. I don't think the IHC's are going to sky rocket in value. Remember all the really valuable rifles get sold on the CMP's auction site.
If you where looking to spend close to 1k anyway here are my thoughts.
1. Service grade + 200 rd can of ammo + sling and go to cmp shoots!
2. CMP SPECIAL. This is as new as a rifle as you can get. I believe it's a bargain for 1030$
You will pay close to 2k for a refinished M1 from the other garand builders out there.
3. IHC.... if you just want a garand in your safe. Plus,is,if your not happy with it you can sell it. Heck you should be able to make a few bucks. See M1 service grades locally for 1400$

I also suggest reloading for the M1 even my worst M1 shoots much better with reloads

If this is your first M1 and you don't have your heart set on an IHC, go with the RM1SERVICE for $730. Service grades are generally beautiful guns for the money. Include a note asking for a GI stock if you don't want new wood.

This is sound advice. If you have your heart set on an IHC, by all means get it, but if you just want an M1 go with a service grade.

I emailed back in forth with CMP. I went with the RM1Special. I figured with my first, I might as well get a good shooter, rebuilt with no issues. I'm going to keep my eyes open (after I do a little saving) for a more authentic M1 at a later date. I was told I would be receiving an email soon to place the order? Slow process but I'm in no hurry, just anxious at this point like waiting for Xmas morning.

I emailed back in forth with CMP. I went with the RM1Special. I figured with my first, I might as well get a good shooter, rebuilt with no issues. I'm going to keep my eyes open (after I do a little saving) for a more authentic M1 at a later date. I was told I would be receiving an email soon to place the order? Slow process but I'm in no hurry, just anxious at this point like waiting for Xmas morning.

While you wait you can see if cape ann gun club up your way is having any cmp shoots and see if they have loaners to shoot while you wait.

Don't forget ammo. You need either M1 specific ammo or a Schuster adjustable gas plug.

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah I won the ****ing CMP lotto.

My IHC Field Grade is a gapper with a SA barrel.
lucky SOB! (insert worthless without pics picture!!!!) haha. I didn't get my paperwork in fast enough, will be looking again however should more ihc's become available.

perhaps another service grade SA or H&R purchase is in order. or maybe try luck of the draw with field grade and see what i get, some of you on here seem to do well with field grades.

IHC Op rod and a IHC Trigger housing with at least an IHC hammer and Safety. Haven't completely stripped things down.
I'll try to get some pictures soon. Still kind of getting over the shock of getting a GAP'er having snail mailed my order in for a Field Grade...

dbd61b772921399535bb3526aaa398f8.jpg

92ddb690409cc0773d5b257f4d44f09e.jpg

fd5a84bf733afe7602ce649c5df2b604.jpg

a291ec8caf85bd05adc3964dabd798d8.jpg

41b2cd14e44e4f372d5e37cf5c31f661.jpg

2347a694d5811610dae82e559ff3f23f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice.....I have not heard a peep..don't expect to my order didn't get there until the 16th.

I just received the email saying no gappers left. I switched to a field grade with LMR. I guess we will have to see if I also win the field grade lottery.

I haven't seen it yet, but Patriot Arms in Ipswich just got a consignment IHC Garand. Asking is $1200

How long does it take for an order to ship once the order shows pending? Also do you get an email with tracking number before it shows up at the door? Thanks

You should get a email with shipping info. If you paid by credit card it will ship with in a few days of credit card being hit. The rifle is shipped next day delivery. I signed up to FedEx account and I get email notices when just a shipping label is created for my name and address from FedEx. Gives me a,little heads up. Also if by chance you are getting it delivered to commercial/business address make a note on orders needs to be delivered before 5pm.

Finally showed up but without a sling, waiting on ammo being delivered tomorrow. Rifle looks great, can't wait to shoot it

Finally showed up but without a sling, waiting on ammo being delivered tomorrow. Rifle looks great, can't wait to shoot it

Did you look behind the foam inserts ?
If not just shoot off a email to Customer service. CMP is like no other in the customer service end.

Last edited:
OK, I have to do a little homework, it's my first Garand. Also need to figure out all the numbers.

The owners manual they send with the rifle has all links to the detail strip instructions. What numbers are you trying to figure out. Come to the M1 clinic in Pembroke on May 17th we will get you going in the right direction.

I would like to make the clinic but I have a previous commitment for that weekend but I don't know the schedule for it yet. If I can squeeze it in I will come. I did find the book with the strap and a chamber flag. Very informative book.

Back
Top Bottom