If you knew you were headed in to a gun fight...

In the spur of the moment it would be my Kahr CM-9 with those hydrashok organ mascerators.

If planned it would be G-17, fun sticks, and the fun switch.

if you are one against three you are likely going to lose.

It depends on the three. If they are shooters, yeah, your screwed. But many people can't hit a moving target to save their life (literally).
Hell, at NES car shoots, some people can't hit a stationary object. Even one as big as a car.

In the imagined scenario, you don't have a choice, the gun fight is going to happen. Maybe your kid placed a large bet he can't cover and Big Tony is sending the boys. You see them exit their car. What do you grab? ( Assuming that aliens stole my Benelli M4)
I would want my Colt 1911. One in the chamber, eight in the magazine. 230grn hollow points. You should be able to knock all three pins off the table with five rounds, tops. Should have four rounds to spare.
Shoot and move. Shoot and move.
Assuming that you can control your heart pounding out of your chest, and your hands shaking from the adrenaline rush.

This is an entirely hypothetical question. One of those "what ifs" that float around in my head while I'm taking the trash out kind of thing.

If you knew you were going in to a gun fight, if you had absolute certainty that it was coming, against 2-3 people, of average thug skill (not Spetznaz or anything), and you could only have a handgun, would you use what you carry, or would you switch to something else?

And no, I don't mean like an Uzi or something like that, just regular old pistols. Is your EDC what you would use or would you step up to something else?
One of my three extended magazine 870s loaded with slug and buck or my Mini 14 loaded with M193 ball. I am FID only so we use 10 round mags.

In the imagined scenario, you don't have a choice, the gun fight is going to happen. Maybe your kid placed a large bet he can't cover and Big Tony is sending the boys.

The imagined scenario is stupid. If you know someone is coming then you call the police and get the eff out of Dodge, and take your long guns with you.

I know this is a little over the top, but if you have to fight, you might as well fight to win. I have an AK pistol with a 12.6 inch barrel. You get almost the same velocity as a rifle with the 12.6 barrel. That AK with my 30 round double sided twin mag should do it. The light/laser combo on it would help at night. We call it camping buddy because it fits in a back pack, LOL Any way there is a proper tool for every job and camping buddy would work here.

Just wondering I have a CLASS A LTC & I have one of these just wondering could I carry it.

If not then a Glock 17 with a 17 rd mag and 2 extra 17 rd mags for 3 mags total.

csm_MP5K_re_22fd18d65c.png

Last edited:
If you knew you were going in to a gun fight, if you had absolute certainty that it was coming, against 2-3 people, of average thug skill (not Spetznaz or anything), and you could only have a handgun, would you use what you carry...
I know what you're getting at, but the consensus response is right: You simply don't go. [laugh]

But to play the fantasy game anyway, and assuming just one pistol with no spare magazines allowed in this scenario, it would take the highest capacity 9mm I've got (probably my Glock 17)... and I say that despite my serious mistrust of the 9mm round as a one-shot magic man-stopper. [thinking]

I know what you're getting at, but the consensus response is right: You simply don't go. [laugh]

But to play the fantasy game anyway, and assuming just one pistol with no spare magazines allowed in this scenario, it would take the highest capacity 9mm I've got (probably my Glock 17)... and I say that despite my serious mistrust of the 9mm round as a one-shot magic man-stopper. [thinking]

Same thought process - 1 - don't go - you don't lose the fight you don't engage in.

2 - if we're playing fantasy games here - this is Georgia - I have AR-15 pistols with red-dots and 30 round mags.

This is an entirely hypothetical question. One of those "what ifs" that float around in my head while I'm taking the trash out kind of thing.

If you knew you were going in to a gun fight, if you had absolute certainty that it was coming, against 2-3 people, of average thug skill (not Spetznaz or anything), and you could only have a handgun, would you use what you carry, or would you switch to something else?

And no, I don't mean like an Uzi or something like that, just regular old pistols. Is your EDC what you would use or would you step up to something else?
The question has bullshit parameters. No rifle? Who in their right f***ing mind would full well knowingly walk into a gun fight with anything BUT a rifle.

/end thread

I learned in NES that the first thing is to make sure your gun looks good and matches your outfit. This is more important than reliability.

First, is this during winter or summer? ... this is important because I have my carry weapons for different times of the year.

Second, I love airsoft parts on my guns. Can I have any airsoft part I want?

Third, why would I willingly walk into a gunfight against more people and only bring a handgun with me?

It depends on the three. If they are shooters, yeah, your screwed. But many people can't hit a moving target to save their life (literally).
Hell, at NES car shoots, some people can't hit a stationary object. Even one as big as a car.

In the imagined scenario, you don't have a choice, the gun fight is going to happen. Maybe your kid placed a large bet he can't cover and Big Tony is sending the boys. You see them exit their car. What do you grab? ( Assuming that aliens stole my Benelli M4)
I would want my Colt 1911. One in the chamber, eight in the magazine. 230grn hollow points. You should be able to knock all three pins off the table with five rounds, tops. Should have four rounds to spare.
Shoot and move. Shoot and move.
Assuming that you can control your heart pounding out of your chest, and your hands shaking from the adrenaline rush.
The imagined scenario says you are GOING into a gunfight. The fight is not coming to you.

But... if you know they are coming:

1. Why wait?

2. If for some stupid reason you decide to wait, why wait in the open instead of being behind cover, and why rely on thinking you will be able to kill 3 guys with 5 excellent placed shots while moving? (Which is almost as unlikely to happen as the OPs scenario).

2 to 3 people? And it HAS TO BE a handgun?///.
Yeah, a better question might be, “How many times has a lone, armed person willingly walked into a gun fight against two or three armed assailants?” And two is a lot different than three.

Any grunt with training in hostage rescue or even room clearing has gone up against multiple assailants in training, and most of the time, they kill you. So there’s the operative plan: DDT. Unless you’re a drug dealer.

Makes more sense to plan for what is most likely to happen.

17 Most Important Gunfight Stats: Backed By Data and Real World Experience - Tier Three Tactical

What does the FBI say about Gunfight Statistics?

Everyone wants high capacity... If I knew that I was going to be in a gunfight at a particular location and time, I would want my single shot Remington XP 100 in .221 Fireball with 10 x Burris scope. It has fired three shot groups at 200 yards that measure less than an inch. Which is where I would start. From high cover with a good rest...

First, as others have said, I wouldn't go. If it was unavoidable, and it had to be a handgun, I'd carry something that held a lot of .45 acp, like a Glock 21. The only reason I don't carry a Glock 21 every day is because it's a bit hard to conceal under a T shirt. It's like trying to conceal a brick.

The imagined scenario is stupid. If you know someone is coming then you call the police and get the eff out of Dodge, and take your long guns with you.

Doesn't it really depend on how much advanced notice you have? You may not be able to leave the house.
What if you wake up people are already in the house? Of course, call the cops. But it is not unheard of for people to wake up to armed criminals in the house
Most people have a "plan" in place, because " when seconds count..." and while the scenario may be a bit of a stretch with three thugs, it wouldn't be totally unrealistic..

Did you type this with your left hand?

Pretty much what I carry daily I think could dig me out of this problem you brought up, a G26 with 2 17rd backup mags with plus two bases. Between the G26 with 11 rounds in it and the two mags thats 49 rounds I say its a good start, not perfect but a worlds better than what most walk around with, which is nothing.

Same thought process - 1 - don't go - you don't lose the fight you don't engage in.

2 - if we're playing fantasy games here - this is Georgia - I have AR-15 pistols with red-dots and 30 round mags.

Same in nh lol. Like yeah if I know its coming... im gunna cheat

First, as others have said, I wouldn't go. If it was unavoidable, and it had to be a handgun, I'd carry something that held a lot of .45 acp, like a Glock 21. The only reason I don't carry a Glock 21 every day is because it's a bit hard to conceal under a T shirt. It's like trying to conceal a brick.

Subtract a 1 from that model number add underwood jhp/ bbore jhp

And you got yourself a gun fight lol

I try to use harsh language and give a stern finger wagging lecture ala Elizabeth Warren style and remind my attackers that they are displaying toxic masculinity and thug privilege. That should work. If it doesn't it's .357 time.

Back
Top Bottom