If you knew you were headed in to a gun fight...

hillman

NES Member
This is an entirely hypothetical question. One of those "what ifs" that float around in my head while I'm taking the trash out kind of thing.

If you knew you were going in to a gun fight, if you had absolute certainty that it was coming, against 2-3 people, of average thug skill (not Spetznaz or anything), and you could only have a handgun, would you use what you carry, or would you switch to something else?

And no, I don't mean like an Uzi or something like that, just regular old pistols. Is your EDC what you would use or would you step up to something else?

If I knew I was heading into a gunfight, I'd make sure to fetch a rifle without any question at all. Probably an AK.

Otherwise, I'm with teaser542: my EDC would do fine, which is why it's my EDC.

Definitely NOT a small EDC, full size 9mm with as many max capacity (preban?) mags I can carry.

...and don't forget the body armor.

2 to 3 people? And it HAS TO BE a handgun?

For maybe 1, a .357 revolver or 9mm or even .45 maybe.

For that many, I'd prefer at least 15 rounds, so 9mm most likely.

No way out, right? Like the rifle idea, but the way you lay it out, a 9mm or maybe Para .45 with the double stacks.

Of course, the only reason I'm answering is because I just had 2 1/2 mai tai's.

In all honesty, no. I'd switch it out. My EDC is a Sig P938, which I love for its ease of concealment, but it has limited capacity and a stiff trigger (which I admittedly should just finally get around to fixing). If I had to choose a handgun that I own, it'd be my Springfield XD9. If I wasn't restricted to handguns, I'd absolutely choose a rifle from my safe.

Keltec PMR and leaves me 27 rounds in case their friends show up. These hypotheticals are a hoot! Bring it.

amX5oPo_700bwp.webp

Glock 17, 15 round magazine +2 extender, one in the pipe. 18 rounds , 9mm is easy to get back on target, good penetration, pretty reliable piece of EDC if you don't mind the size.

Why just one then?

If I was going up against multiple armed assailants I'd want capacity. Multiple guns, or one with max capacity, like a P320 X-Five, in coyote. Comes with four 21-rounders, stock.

Put the romeo or an rmr on it, and I'm gtg.

Back
Top Bottom