If you had to choose one of these four 9 mm's, which would it be and why?

Neither

The Glock is for people who admire hip hop lyrics and who secretly dreamed of being cops. It feels like a complete brick and the only thing good about it is the ability to accessorize but guns aren't supposed to be Mr. Potatohead (bad joke but great analogy).

The Para Ordnance just sucks. I own one and can't even turn it in for scrap metal.

The SW9VE is a good gun for starters who don't know any better but also don't go to the range much.

In the end, it's all about personal preference but the Para is just a poorly made break down machine.

By the way, why'd you put the SW9VE up against the other 3? It seems to me as if someone wanted to make their choice seem better by adding that to a list of "preferred" weapons. I doubt your buddy that owns this gun wanted it on the list. Also, I doubt that your buddy "loves" this as his personal preference if he's ever tried other guns.

I hope you have fired more than just those four, there is a whole world of 9mm out there. Also look to what your intended purpose is and go from there.

Between the SR9 & the Glock, I'd take the Glock. Realistically, the SR9c might make more sense in this context (in which case I'd take the SR9c). The SR9 is a full-size pistol and is much closer to the G17, so that may be a more appropriate comparison.

Sometimes I don't understand the point of these "Which gun is best?" threads (though I've been guilty of starting at least one myself). If you're taking a poll to judge popularity that's cool, but if you're looking for advice for what to buy it's value may be more questionable. As others have mentioned, in order to make the right choice for you, shoot them and decide for yourself.

The Glock is for people who admire hip hop lyrics and who secretly dreamed of being cops. It feels like a complete brick and the only thing good about it is the ability to accessorize but guns aren't supposed to be Mr. Potatohead (bad joke but great analogy).

Really? Jealous much? Not sure what your purpose was to post here. I think we can all infer that you have little to no experience with Glock firearms.

Nothing like jumping in to the deep end.

Glock. I have a Para and it just is not a quality gun. Sigmas are problematic. I admit that I haven't tried the Ruger yet.

How to know if a glock is for you?

Do you look at your hands and think; 10 fingers is way to many.

Does your closet look like a 5.11 catalog?

Do you have to aim high right?

Do your hands get tired because you spent all day practicing gang signs

You say your gun never jams, but only shoot 100 rounds a year.

You "accidentally" CCW your airsoft gun

Plan A includes taking multiple rounds to the plates taped to your back

The Para Ordnance just sucks. I own one and can't even turn it in for scrap metal.

The SW9VE is a good gun for starters who don't know any better but also don't go to the range much.

In the end, it's all about personal preference but the Para is just a poorly made break down machine.

For the record, this isn't my troll account.

I went with the glock becuase of all the guns listed, it's the one that shot best sideways.

thug_sideways_pistol_aim.jpg

meant to say this was funny:

In the end, it's all about personal preference but the Para is just a poorly made break down machine..

SW9VE fan asking if it's safe to come out of the closet yet...?

Lol. Anyone else remember these much-maligned Smithies?
I recently went to the range with my 15 year-old SW9VE and forgot how much these "Poor Man's Glock" rock.
Having put thousands of rounds through it (I use these as my 'Trainer' pistols to introduce newbies) it ran slick and flawlessly.
Oh, did I mention I have 7 in both 9mm and .40s&w? (When training included a few more than 1 student, it was nice to hand out same-platform firearms... and one for the instructor of course)
All great runners that have mucho rounds through them and never needed to go back to Springfield, MA for any reason.
They were cheap to buy too. A couple of them were purchased in 'Like New Condition' for under $180 bucks. (I guess when their owners heard "they sucked"... they believed them.)

So why did I dig up this 9 year old thread? Simple. If you ever get a chance to shoot (or buy) one of these 'Poor Man's Glocks' give it some good thought and know they are almost a clone of the G19
and make great nightstand handguns. They are fun to shoot the hell out of and are far more versatile as Home Defense guns AND Range plinkers than the diminutive M&P Shields that are best suited for Concealed Carry than target practice.

I also found this Lol, 2004 GUNBLAST review on the SW9VE (Not a Sigma, which was a generation or 2 before, but are still labeled as such) which gives some comparison of it to the Glock 19
for you to laugh at...or not.
~Enbloc

Smith & Wesson’s Improved Sigma 9mm Auto

MVC-025F.jpg
MVC-021F.jpg
MVC-005F.jpg
MVC-020F.jpg

They even have standard capacity magazines for Free-Staters...
MVC-006F.jpg

Last edited:
I've never shot a SD9, but IF it's a Glock clone then it's a fantastic deal. Put an Apex trigger on it and you've got a lot of BANG FOR YOUR BUCK (oh that's a knee slapper).

Back
Top Bottom