If you had to choose one of these four 9 mm's, which would it be and why?

Hello All,

My friend and I are in disagreement of which gun is better, if you had to pick one, which would it be, we have shot all four of them.

Glock 19
Ruger SR9
Para Ordinance P 18-9
SW9VE

not sure how to put it up to a vote on here, i personally like the Para Ordinance, much heavier, less recoil, feels great in my hands. My buddy loves the glocks. One of our other buddies owns the SW9VE and loves it

If I'd shot all four I'd pick the one I liked and would not care what my friend or total strangers on the internet thought.

I can't count how many firearms I've purchased at the insistence of others only to sell said firearm within a year because it did not work for me.

You know which one you think is better. Buy it shoot it. Love it.

If I was told to pick one from that list it would be the G19.

The para feels nice now but when it breaks/jams down the road, someone will be regretting that one. I suppose Paras are nice if you like providing your local gunsmith with lots of business.

-Mike

I've never shot or held any of them, so that qualifies me as an Internet Expert.

Price non-withstanding, if someone held the four guns out in front of me and said "you get one for free," I'd take the Glock. They are ugly, they feel like a brick in your hand (at least, the G20 I shot did), but by all accounts are boringly reliable. Also, the rest of my pistols are all steel, and variety is the spice of life.

But, that being said...we could argue all day about which is better, and get absolutely nowhere.

Hello All,

My friend and I are in disagreement of which gun is better, if you had to pick one, which would it be, we have shot all four of them.

Glock 19
Ruger SR9
Para Ordinance P 18-9
SW9VE

not sure how to put it up to a vote on here, i personally like the Para Ordinance, much heavier, less recoil, feels great in my hands. My buddy loves the glocks. One of our other buddies owns the SW9VE and loves it

Glock 19 over and over again.
It is light, proven reliable and simple.

The Ruger is nice but I don't like the external safety. It's also heavier.

Para what? - I keep hearing stories about poor quality guns from Para so I would stay away. Maybe they're better now I don't know but if I had to pick one it wouldn't be the questionable one. Metal guns are heavy. Cool but if you're going to carry it, just be aware of the weight.

SW9VE - Seriously? The only people I know that "love" this gun don't own any other handguns. I'd take one if it were given to me...but I'd just sell it and buy another gun. It has just about the worst trigger in the world and it can't really be made much better. I can't even believe this is on your list of possible guns to buy. This pistol is the gun people buy if they are pressed for cash.

I had a Beretta 92FS that I absolutely loved. I put literally thousands of rounds down the tube. Reliable, great shooter. But if that can't be on the list I'd go with the Glock.

I've only shot the G19 on this list. The grip is "meh", but I did shoot well with it and I'm a newbie. Try firing an SR9c as well, they seem to get pretty good reviews 'round here.

None of them. Go .40, It's da bomb! [grenade]

This thread will inevitably crash and burn.......

firecat3040711.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
glock 19

that said, i had a Para Nite-Tac 9 that was a freaking lazer beam a few years ago. the LDA trigger is sweet! the only other better trigger IMO is that of the XD.

the only reason i got rid of the Tac 9 was to fund something else. i can't even remember what it was [laugh]

-oh and it had cripple mags too. that was definitely a factor too.

I'll take the Glock 19. Rugged little SOB, accepts pre-ban magazines, easy to modify and upgrade if you so desire, and a nice simple manual of arms.

Of the four selections, I'll also cast my vote for my least likely choice; the SW9VE Sigma. To quote myself...

Rented one at a range last year. Liked it well enough until three things happened within a 10-minute span:

1. One FTF. Bad feed, but magazine was securely seated... not a huge problem, but still.

2. Pin in joint of trigger slipped almost completely out. Used the baseplate of a magazine to hammer it back in.

3. Manually locked back the slide and... the slide stop snapped off.

Ruger SR9......It is heavier and makes a better club than the Glock. Don't care for 9mm, and never have cared for them.
I like .40's and .45's much better. I can't shoot any Glock well. I don't care for the way they feel in my hand. But that's just me.
Probably psychological, fearing an explosion. [grenade][devil]

G19. Go shoot it. How it feels when leaning over the counter is not always the way it feels when actually shooting it. Alot of shooters dislike the Glock,"Feel" until they shoot it.

Out of that list the G19 is my choice, but there are better 9's out there for what a G19 costs in MA

F Para Ordnance. F 'em right up the smelly A hole.

Another vote for the G19 here. I had one years ago and it's a great gun. I traded it towards a Para C6 LDA which was the biggest firearm-related mistake I've ever made. I didn't know any better. I made the second biggest mistake of trading the LDA towards a P12 Limited. Well in all fairness the P12 functioned a little better than the LDA but it was still not good enough for me to trust for carry.

The SR9 is a nice gun. I don't like the trigger though.

I've never shot or even held the SW9VE. They're pretty much in the same group as a hi-point aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom