If you had to choose one of these four 9 mm's, which would it be and why?

Glock 19, all day, every day. Hi cap (pre-ban) mags, ruggedness, reliability. It's also really easy to work on (if you can't do a trigger job on one on your own for about $20 you've got problems) and parts are plentiful and cheap (they're like Lego sets the way you can build them). That said, I really do like the Ruger SR9C (it seems like an incredible gun for the money) but probably wouldn't buy the fullsize since I live in MA (stupid 10rnd mags...). My first gun was a SW9VE. It was reliable after the first 250 rounds (when it burped, farted and jammed up lie a bastard) but I was new to the sport and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with the trigger the way it was. No experience with the Para.

LOL its funny because we are the range shooting his SW9VE, jammed up like a mofo

Para is awesome, i would suggest renting it, you will love it

best post, my buddy wants me to love the glock like him, just didnt feel right, sticking with the Para, trying to get the limited edition, its like $1289

Which one do YOU shoot the best?

Shut up.

The Glock is the better* gun of the four, but as long as they are all taken care of (which means treating your firearms waaaaaaaay better than I treat mine) they'll all be fine.

*Better: can take far more abuse without complaint or failure. Is used to being treated like a left-handed red-headed stepchild with a speach impediment at a nunnery.

I think why many people have not picked the para is for reliability / quality issues. My para did not make it a week before it was broken and tried to send it back but the dealer said not a good idea because you will not see it for months. So, I had a local gunsmith fix it (cheap) and sold it immediately and yes I did tell the buyer. The sear spring broke on a new gun. How does this happen? I have a 30 year colt that has never broken.

If you had listed a 1911 instead of the para you may have had a more balanced outcome but I would still pick the Glock 19.

LOL, I hope you guys are good friends, that was pretty rough, ok, so less complaints

They aren't. As a matter of fact, no one likes Gonzo. I think it has something to do with his lazy eye, his lisp, or his crappy attitude.

As for your original question: I'd pick the G19, but Glocks feel natural in my hand and I shoot them well. That has nothing to do with you, though. Get what you shoot well, and hopefully you pick something reliable if you plan to use it for anything other than the range.

Last edited:
I would vote for the G19.

That being said, if you have the time, ammo, a polishing stone and a ball point pen spring then the sigma trigger can get pretty decent. Also there are some pre-bans out there.

They aren't. As a matter of fact, no one likes Gonzo. I think it has something to do with his lazy eye, his lisp, or his crappy attitude.

As for your original question: I'd pick the G19, but Glocks feel natural in my hand and I shoot them well. That has nothing to do with you, though. Get what you shoot well, and hopefully you pick something reliable if you plan to use it for anything other than the range.

I'd ask for someone to vouch for me, but I know no one will. I'ma go eat worms.

As far as I knew the only sigma pre-bans were 40cal. Could be wrong though...

There are plenty of 9mms out there, too. Remember the platform is pretty old. (S&W even got sued by Glock for more or less ripping off the Glock 17 design... lol )

-Mike

I think the fact that out of the four only one has gained worldwide acclaim and acceptance as a duty-worthy pistol for military and police service should trump all other considerations.

Glock by a mile. None of the other even deserve consideration.

I already voted for the glock, as I have the g27.

But.... Why isn't the M&P on the list?

I've shot the m&p 9 and it was a very nice gun!

It all comes down to which one fits your hand best and which one you shoot best.

Now as far as the list I would say the Ruger.

Is that my 1st choice, no.

I would go with a S&W M&P 1st then a Ruger or Sig as a 2nd choice.

I would also go for a 40 S&W or a 45 ACP over the 9 mm as far as caliber also.

Get out there and rent/borrow a bunch of guns before you buy one, it's cheaper that way [smile] .

My money would go with the GLOCK. Long proven record & history of durability, reliability and dependability with this make & model.

thanks, i haven't owned one so i cant really speak to the reliability, but appreciate the info, would hate to drop 1289 on the limited and it not work

Back
Top Bottom