identifying ma compliant GLOCKS

my question is how do you tell when a GLOCK was made and IF it has been registerd in MA Prior to 10/21/98?

I tried to serch, but couldnt come up with anything.

thanks!

if its a FA-10 face to face sale, why wouldnt the 98 production date matter? dosnt it have to be made before then and registerd in mass?

whats stops someone from going to nh, buying one and selling as a ma compliant via FA-10??

The AG's rules only apply to MA licensed dealers.

If someone moves into MA with a no-compliant handgun, the only way to sell it is in a face to face sale. No dealer involvement, no silly rules to go by.

If someone has already made their 4 FTF sales per year, the only way to transfer a firearm is thru a MA dealer. If the gun is non-compliant, then the dealer cannot perform the transfer.

if its a FA-10 face to face sale, why wouldnt the 98 production date matter? dosnt it have to be made before then and registerd in mass?
Because, like the AG's "consumer protection" regulations, the EOPS list only applies to sales by Massachusetts licensed dealers. When one says "face to face" the usual assumption is that neither party is a licensed dealer.

whats stops someone from going to nh, buying one and selling as a ma compliant via FA-10??
Other than the federal laws regulating interstate sales of firearms and the rather stiff penalties for violating them? Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Ken

the thing is, how can you tell. if someone is saying "this is ma compliant GLOCK" is there a way of looking into that particular firearm to see, or either take their word for it, or dont buy it...

i may be misunderstanding.. but i think ma gun laws are sorta confusing too. [thinking]

the thing is, how can you tell. if someone is saying "this is ma compliant GLOCK" is there a way of looking into that particular firearm to see, or either take their word for it, or dont buy it...

The S/N gives away DOB on a gun. There are lists of S/Ns with DOBs for them readily available from various sources. GlockTalk (and other locations) specifically have such detailed lists for Glock firearms.

Since most Glocks are on the EOPS List, for a MA Dealer to sell one of those listed models, all they need is the DOB . . . they don't need to know where it resided prior to the current transaction.

Yes, the gun laws are stupid, nonsensible, and largely useless . . . but always remember that they were proposed and voted in by equally stupid, nonsensible and largely useless legislators. [rolleyes]

i may be misunderstanding.. but i think ma gun laws are sorta confusing too. [thinking]

IS it black...Then buy it![wink]

Do you know the dif between the gen 1..2..3.. Rule of thumb 1&2 are... 3 (probably) only on a FTF....

Listen to the others . Their info is right on!!

i may be misunderstanding.. but i think ma gun laws are sorta confusing too.

It is not possible for a private individual to violate regarding "compliant guns" by purchasing one (unless you get a post ban magazine which is prohibited in MA).

It is possible for the dealer to commit a criminal offense by selling you a gun not on one of the two lists ("lab tested" or "certified target"). It is also possible for a dealer to commit an act of consumer fraud by selling a gun that is not AG compliant.

The real lawyers on this board are invited to comment.

Yes, the gun laws are stupid, nonsensible, and largely useless . . . but always remember that they were proposed and voted in by equally stupid, nonsensible and largely useless legislators. [rolleyes]

+1 Len[laugh2][rofl][laugh2]

Like most have said here if you find a Glock you like at a dealer buy it. If it is FTF buy any glock you want from a mass resident just be careful to get "PRE-BAN" mags (if they are hi-cap) if not then don't worry.

Back
Top Bottom