Ideas for vehicle holsters needed

I have a 60/40 seat in my Ford Ranger.
The center console is way to small to accommodate a full size hand gun.
Wearing one while driving is a PITA, and impossible to draw fast if the occasion arises.
Sliding one between the seat places the firearm on the opposite side of the console and would be awkward to reach.
I'm thinking a pocket holster maybe I can Velcro to the front of my seat.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Pictures even better.

Yadda yadda yadda, MA law, "under your direct control".

However i have four surgeries for my arm and looked in to lots and came away with rubber covered magnet, if i were to use such a thing.

Sliding one between the seat places the firearm on the opposite side of the console and would be awkward to reach.

A friend of mine in NH has a setup where his carry gun is on the passenger side of the console, inside the footwell on the console side, where its easy for him to grab with his right, strong hand. He seems to like it enough. I can ask next time I visit.

OP is listing membership in GOAL so he's in Ma. and in MA, you have to have "direct control" according to court cases posted here, this is interpreted in court as being on your person, not in between the seats or laying on the seat next to you. That's the way the courts define this where you live. Doing otherwise will affect your "suitability" and you'll be the next test case. good luck.

OP is listing membership in GOAL so he's in Ma. and in MA, you have to have "direct control" according to court cases posted here, this is interpreted in court as being on your person, not in between the seats or laying on the seat next to you. That's the way the courts define this where you live. Doing otherwise will affect your "suitability" and you'll be the next test case. good luck.

We're all criminals in Mass, why follow their stupid legal "interpretations?"

Yadda yadda yadda, MA law, "under your direct control".

However i have four surgeries for my arm and looked in to lots and came away with rubber covered magnet, if i were to use such a thing.

Outstanding info. Thanks.

Not to make this a debate on "in your control". But I took the firearms safety class with two instructors being central Ma. SWAT members and local PD.
And they stated" as long as the firearm is within reach, it would be considered"in your control"". Now perhaps they lied, or weren't up to date on how to screw with citizens.
How some liberal judge would interpret that who knows. But, I am outside the 495 belt and don't give a shit.
:)

If you switch to a bodyguard if it's in the ashtray or that compartment formerly known as the ashtray. I wonder if yours can be gutted somehow to accommodate it.

Not to make this a debate on "in your control". But I took the firearms safety class with two instructors being central Ma. SWAT members and local PD.
And they stated" as long as the firearm is within reach, it would be considered"in your control"". Now perhaps they lied, or weren't up to date on how to screw with citizens.
How some liberal judge would interpret that who knows. But, I am outside the 495 belt and don't give a shit.
That's their stance on the law. What about the 5,000 (est.) other cops in the state who may pull you over. My estimate is probably low. The original two who gave you the information will hang you out to dry if they're ever called on it for some reason or another.

You might not think you care now, but if you ever are stopped for speeding, and your firearm isn't completely concealed from both windows when the officer comes to write you a ticket, you will have a bad time.

Keep it on your person. Outside of 495 isn't the same as "in Wyoming". You're safer not carrying a gun than carrying off-body in this state and no amount of wishful thinking makes it otherwise.

Just keep it in your hand. If you need to chug some coffee or light a butt stick it under your thigh on the seat. It ain’t going anywhere. lol

I used to drive like that all the time with a 1911, just stick it under my leg on the seat, before I got out I’d stick it in the back of my pants. Easy peasy.

Here's the thing. It's Humpty Dumpty and a "Glory"

1591923189950.png

Not too long ago, (4) yutes were all charged with unlawful possession, when the car they were in was traffic-stopped, and a gat was found in the center console. I have also heard of persons getting jammed up, for an unsecured/not under control firearm that was not on said person's person during traffic stops.

If they want to scroo you over, a way can likely be found, if you give an inch.

Do you actually trust instructors in this state? Maybe Len-2A. But most are full of BS.

I’ve heard so many false laws it’s a joke.

0200-Bill-Clinton-Slick-Willy-depends-what-meaning-of-is-t-shirt-logo-366x366.jpeg

This gets debated often... what about non-gender specific people who may be carrying in their purse? No one has a definitive answer.

If you want a vehicle mount, I'd go with a good magnet... small and out of the way when not in use. And can be used universally for multiple handguns.

Unless you have a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here and it costs more than what you make in a month

What the instructor meant was "I would consider it under your control".

Mitch Rosen makes a counter carjacking rig designed specifically for this application.

Where is the exact wording and definition of in direct control. In my truck with me is under my control.
Doors auto lock. Maddening I know.

If I leave my truck I get it but if I do not leave it now what??

That's because gun laws don 't apply to cops and only apply to us peons. Defund the cops, NOW!!! [laugh]

This was long before I went over to the dark side.

I’m not a big worrier and I don’t obsess over things that I know are BS, to include some liberal retard nanny list of rules. There just comes a time in life when you stop caring what they think because it’s so polar opposite of what’s normal.

i understand what you’re saying certainly, I just stopped caring about any of it a long time ago.

Make sure it’s secured. One of the points in the Miami FBI shootout was one or two agents put their pistols of the seat for ease of access and lost them when the car collided.

I like behind the passenger seat in the map pocket.

Huh? Following laws is sooo 2 weeks ago. Get with the times! We can loot, riot, and declare large sections of cities as being our own country now. Court interpretations of obscure laws, what?

Back
Top Bottom