Ice Arms, and their QC issues. STAY AWAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, serious question - are there any reviews out there with some significant run time on these BCGs? If they have (allegedly - don't sue me, bro!) separately or combined - staking, headspace, and firing pin issues... I would begin to be concerned about whether the bolts were the proper hardness. I know somebody with an AR Stoner bolt that exploded... looked like that metal teeth dude from James Bond gnawed on it like a slim jim.

IIRC the bolt in mine is marked as having been MPI tested.

Neil you might want to just calm down a bit and tread lightly, based on your posts, now mild threats, and you heading there, if they are reading these, may be intimidated and get you all bound up. Just take a deep breath and relax, get your money, politely give them back the bcg and move on.

Will that detect improper hardening? And who did the MPI testing?

that's above my knowledge of metals, i believe you can detect weak spots or cracks with MPI--but that's the extent of my knowledge.

as to who did it? wouldn't surprise me if ICE just bought bolts from someone else, or even factory seconds. i don't know whether they even produced this bolt themselves. won't speculate too hard as i honestly don't know and they'd be the only ones who could tell us definitively.

Neil you might want to just calm down a bit and tread lightly, based on your posts, now mild threats, and you heading there, if they are reading these, may be intimidated and get you all bound up. Just take a deep breath and relax, get your money, politely give them back the bcg and move on.

I haven't threatened anyone.

Just said I am going there.

I know he won't be there anyway. This is a waste of my time.

I haven't threatened anyone.

Just said I am going there.

I know he won't be there anyway. This is a waste of my time.

This is what I'm talking about

I am not an internet tough guy like a lot of people on here.

I am going to knock him down a ****ing peg or two, you can believe that.

If it were me, I saw how angry you were over this, and knew you were coming to see me, I'd definitely be ready for a fight. Just be careful and calm down a bit. You don't know if this guy would be the type to have the cops waiting and say you threatened him.

This is what I'm talking about

If it were me, I saw how angry you were over this, and knew you were coming to see me, I'd definitely be ready for a fight. Just be careful and calm down a bit. You don't know if this guy would be the type to have the cops waiting and say you threatened him.

"knock him down a peg" to me means lots of loud words, many of them with only four letters.

"knock him down a peg" to me means lots of loud words, many of them with only four letters.

Each person interprets things differently, just gotta remember you don't know this person from Adam, and as Neil has stated isn't honest, so ya gotta tread lightly and use your head.

null_zps5991181c.jpg

Proof I'm in car and on my way.

This is a graphic illustration of why I wouldn't skinflint on AR parts, particularly BCGs and barrels. Let other people buy the cheap stuff and wallow in despair afterwards. Yeah they might get lucky but whats the price savings? a case of ammo over the whole build? maybe a half? [laugh] Why evenbother? There are places to cut corners on a build if you need to save but
this isn't one of them. The BCG is literally the heart of the rifle.

I used to say something like... "You won't get what you didn't pay for to begin with." Seems appropriate here.

-Mike

Yes. QFTMFT.

I'm a little late here, but I remember thinking to myself when everyone was going ape shit about these BCG's that I'm going to quietly bow out and wait for the results. I built my AR from a stripped PWA lower, LMT upper and a BCM BCG. All in all, with other misc parts suck as a LPK etc, I have almost 2K into a properly built Mil-spec rifle that I woUld trust my life with in Afghanistan vs. the POS I was issued.

Last edited:
Here now.

Dude made me talk to him through the door.

Wouldn't even open it.

I'm waiting for check now. He addressed it for the 15th, when today is the 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom