I wrote a letter to the Boston globe

I tried and asked for them to use a pseudonym. The Globe editors would not allow it. I hope now they are realizing the magnitude of all of this... I know I certainly am.

FYI: Your address comes up in a google search pretty easily too. I wasn't kidding about the degenerate whacko progressives camping in your driveway/front lawn.

FYI: Your address comes up in a google search pretty easily too. I wasn't kidding about the degenerate whacko progressives camping in your driveway/front lawn.

I think this is to be expected. With your name and town, it's trivial getting a lot of information about you. If you own your property, I can probably pull a ton of data from the assessor's office and records search.

If you do come home to a bunch of #BLM protesters angry at you, simply point out that they obviously aren't really afraid of gun owners, or else they would not have come to your house.

Then let your pit bulls out.

is this Poster on the Globe (Doverham01 ) an NES peep?

Doverham01/12/16 01:11 PM
"We simply want to be sure that a person on a train with a gun under his coat has passed a background check, is not on the no-fly list, and has access to mental health care, if needed."

I guess this concern is why someone saw fit to uncover and post Mr. Linden's personal information - at least until the Globe deleted the post.

is this Poster on the Globe (Doverham01 ) an NES peep?

Doverham01/12/16 01:11 PM
"We simply want to be sure that a person on a train with a gun under his coat has passed a background check, is not on the no-fly list, and has access to mental health care, if needed."

I guess this concern is why someone saw fit to uncover and post Mr. Linden's personal information - at least until the Globe deleted the post.

^^^reading some of his comments...he seems to be on the fence about the issue

this one...lol

" There are many issues with A. Linden’s letter “To the man I sat next to on the train: I am the gun owner that you hate.” The biggest issue is his claim that if a “bad guy with a gun” started shooting, Linden would have been able to defend his “own life and the lives of everyone else on the train.”

That could only happen 1) if he could remove his gun from its holster instantaneously; 2) if he had a clear view of the gunman; 3) if no one moved to block his view; and 4) if his shot was perfectly accurate.

Also there is a fair chance that succeeding would alter his life, and probably not for the better.

Jane Allen

Groton "

Yes, dying is better than dealing with the aftermath of saving your own life.

Ran on the Independent Journal today:
http://www.ijreview.com/2016/01/511...um=owned&utm_campaign=guns&utm_term=ijamerica

Interestingly, I had a conversation with someone with views opposite mine on FB the other day, and when I said that my concealed handgun and I may save his life someday, he replied that "if you are carrying a gun to save my life, please don't bother"

I responded that I don't carry a gun to protect anybody but myself and my family, so when the crazy starts mowing down people at the mall, my first priority, whether I'm alone or not, is to GTFO of there, **** all of you fools.

He replied: "That's pretty heartless...."

I can't even

http://www.ijreview.com/2016/01/511...um=owned&utm_campaign=guns&utm_term=ijamerica

Interestingly, I had a conversation with someone with views opposite mine on FB the other day, and when I said that my concealed handgun and I may save his life someday, he replied that "if you are carrying a gun to save my life, please don't bother"

I responded that I don't carry a gun to protect anybody but myself and my family, so when the crazy starts mowing down people at the mall, my first priority, whether I'm alone or not, is to GTFO of there, **** all of you fools.

I can't even

LOL....that sounds about right.

And I agree. **** them. Could care less if some liberal faggot who couldn't be bothered to defend itself has a bad outcome. My guns are to protect me and my family. Anyone else who ends up benefiting from that can consider it incidental.

LOL....that sounds about right.

And I agree. **** them. Could care less if some liberal faggot who couldn't be bothered to defend itself has a bad outcome. My guns are to protect me and my family. Anyone else who ends up benefiting from that can consider it incidental.

In reality, if I'm alone, I don't know what I do. There is some part of me that says I'd go toward the problem and try to solve it. I hope I never have to make the decision, but if that time comes, I'll make the decision.

I can't even
[rofl] I predicted this a few pages back and glad it came true. Hilariously stupid.

In reality, if I'm alone, I don't know what I do. There is some part of me that says I'd go toward the problem and try to solve it. I hope I never have to make the decision, but if that time comes, I'll make the decision.

No question. You exit by any means necessary. Your job is to protect your family and you can't do that dead.

BTW, the doors on the newer coaches are locked. From the INSIDE. (There is usually a not well marked emergency release nowhere near the door)

No question. You exit by any means necessary. Your job is to protect your family and you can't do that dead.

BTW, the doors on the newer coaches are locked. From the INSIDE. (There is usually a not well marked emergency release nowhere near the door)

I ride the T 2 or 3 times a year, so I don't concern myself with that much. That being said, I'm not gonna lie, I'd be very hard pressed to make that predetermination. I'm the guy who stops at car wrecks against most people's advice, and I am generally out opening roads to friends/relatives in the event of trees or other debris blocking them.

Lots of good training around to help address this stuff. Someone I know says "I teach effective unarmed self defense. I don't teach morality - that's on YOU."

On the commuter rail? Not really. You can pass between cars pretty freely. As a matter of fact the conductors yell at you if you linger in the vestibules, etc, now... there is no way in hell they leave them locked, but for all intents and purposes there are only 2 exits on a typical commuter rail car that don't involve knocking out an emergency window.

-Mike

I ride the T 2 or 3 times a year, so I don't concern myself with that much. That being said, I'm not gonna lie, I'd be very hard pressed to make that predetermination. I'm the guy who stops at car wrecks against most people's advice, and I am generally out opening roads to friends/relatives in the event of trees or other debris blocking them.

Whether you fight or flight, you should know BEFORE something happens. You won't be thinking straight when you're standing there cheering the lead runners in the marathon and a nearby backpack blows up. Or the thug walks onto your train and starts shooting at a rival gang member.

What you choose to do depends on your priorities and who you feel responsible to. Not what Ms Jane Allen of Groton thinks. Or me. Or the rest of us clowns.

I used to think that way. Now I have an 8 month old baby at home. Not risking my life for anyone now. Especially some twat who would have me disarmed.

On the commuter rail? Not really. You can pass between cars pretty freely. As a matter of fact the conductors yell at you if you linger in the vestibules, etc, now... there is no way in hell they leave them locked, but for all intents and purposes there are only 2 exits on a typical commuter rail car that don't involve knocking out an emergency window.

-Mike

The pass throughs are open. The doors to the outside are locked on newer cars. No doorknobs. Look carefully elsewhere in the vestibule and you *may* find an emergency button.

There are also usually four windows in the cattle bays with handles to pop out the window.

If you happen to be at the engine end, you can usually go onto the catwalk on the back of the engine and exit to one side or the other. (of course if somebody is NOT shooting up the train at the time they'll be pissed at you)

when I was in the military we had a guy go nuts with an M16, we were on the golf course, and let me tell you when you are unarmed and being shot at I found the first tree I could to hide behind! One of the guys started to try to outflank him, but we yelled at him not to be stupid and take cover. I am just glad I can say I didn't crap myself but after he stopped shooting and disappeared and we started playing golf again I bogeyed the next 3 holes!

-Mike

Yes but to exit that long tin can... THOSE exit doors are locked.

Several times a month the trains are too crowded not to use the vestibules as well.

Yes but to exit that long tin can... THOSE exit doors are locked.

Several times a month the trains are too crowded not to use the vestibules as well.

throw a liberal through the window. Problem solved. They're unhappy anyway. Carrying all that white guilt around really demoralizes them.

Whether you fight or flight, you should know BEFORE something happens. You won't be thinking straight when you're standing there cheering the lead runners in the marathon and a nearby backpack blows up. Or the thug walks onto your train and starts shooting at a rival gang member.

What you choose to do depends on your priorities and who you feel responsible to. Not what Ms Jane Allen of Groton thinks. Or me. Or the rest of us clowns.

To start saying "If X happens, I'll do Y" is a good way to end up getting ****ed in the end. No encounter you have with danger to your life will EVER go as you plan/fantasize/fear. Thinking like that is how you freeze up, shoot the first dude who looks at you wrong when the shit hits the fan, or move in the wrong direction because that's the way you always envisioned it happening. What you do NEED to know before something happens is how to process what you're seeing/hearing/feeling/smelling and make decisions based on that. Pavlovian responses have no place in harms way, that's how you get dead.

Back
Top Bottom