I wrote a letter to the Boston globe

Doesn't #4 buckshot have close to 30 pellets? So sometimes you DO need 30 projectiles to kill a deer [mg]
Oh my gawd and just think about that evil bird shot. All those projectiles to kill one little tweety bird. I don't think I can stand the inhumanity of it all.............[laugh]

And it's honestly and sincerely a pleasure to have it. See my previous post above about reaction and confidence/belief under stress. If someone else doesn't have it? Hey, what can I say other than I DO have it. And I'd rather be that way than have ANY self doubt about ANYTHING. I simply believe in myself.

Period.

Have you mastered your sympathetic nervous system response? You should teach others how to do it as well.

at an adrenaline dump, I can state that my nervous system is not sympathetic at all.

I was in a seminar a whole back where we were talking about this stuff. The guy basically said if you are in an escalating situation and the other guy looks perfectly calm, you are about to have a bad day. People who can manage an adrenaline dump and appear calm have been in way too much ****.

And how, exactly, does one practice this?

I was in a seminar a whole back where we were talking about this stuff. The guy basically said if you are in an escalating situation and the other guy looks perfectly calm, you are about to have a bad day. People who can manage an adrenaline dump and appear calm have been in way too much ****.

I would say a good way to go about it would be to walk into your local recruiters office, request the hardest dick combat going rate you can get, go to war a few times, survive, then you will be calm enough order up some breakfast pastries after tuning up the bad guy with you CCW.

Or just make sure your cable company supplies Outdoor Network and tune in to Best Defense every week. That will probably do it too.

Some real bad mother****ers in this thread.

I could only hope that I could manage my adrenaline well.

I can speak with confidence wrt fights (on the mat, street etc) on adrenaline control, BUT, there's no bullets flying my way! I think my actions would be less controlled, more shakey... I dunno.

participate in on the edge sports like racing skydiving or skiing. You actually will see things as they unravel and react at the right speed after having your mind quickly calculate what needs to be done. Works for me.

participate in on the edge sports like racing skydiving or skiing. You actually will see things as they unravel and react at the right speed after having your mind quickly calculate what needs to be done. Works for me.

I went skiing once when I was a kid, and I drag raced a lot when I was younger, call me Doc ****ING Holliday! YOU'RE NO DAISY!

Not a bad suggestion. I'll never forget the first time life went into slow motion when I got to a certain level in karting - it was a surreal experience.

It's not practiced. It's acquired.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/2-people-sho... 5 Boston&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

Two people were shot Tuesday inside a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority station.

The incident happened shortly before 2:30 p.m. at the Maverick Station in East Boston, police said.

The victims were taken to a local hospital, but the extent of their injuries was not known.

Delays on the Blue Line were reported, and buses are replacing train service between Airport and Bowdoin stations.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/2-people-sho... 5 Boston&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

Two people were shot Tuesday inside a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority station.

The incident happened shortly before 2:30 p.m. at the Maverick Station in East Boston, police said.

The victims were taken to a local hospital, but the extent of their injuries was not known.

Delays on the Blue Line were reported, and buses are replacing train service between Airport and Bowdoin stations.

was just goin to post this. Love how the OP was ostrisized in the comment section of the globe, and then this happens. And those idiots wonder why we carry.....

Well it IS the Blue line, are we really surprised? (I kid)

Globe: Gun licenses on the rise in Mass.; 7.8 percent increase seen

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ArticleText

snip...There were 342,622 active Class A firearms licenses statewide, according to figures provided by the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services earlier this month. That was up about 24,700, or 7.8 percent, from the same time a year ago.

A Class A license, the broadest license available under state law and by far the most popular, allows the holder to carry rifles, shotguns, or handguns. It also allows the holder to carry a concealed handgun.
...snip

and of course a quote from Rosenthal:

...“It’s all part of the master plan of the gun lobby, and it’s working,” said Rosenthal, a local real estate developer who is co-founder of the Newton-based nonprofit Stop Handgun Violence. “More guns, more fear — more fear, more gun violence — more gun sales.”

He said, “Sadly, more gun licenses will result in likely more accidental gun deaths. It will put more kids at risk in homes. There will be more teenage suicides. There will be more accidents from unlocked guns.”.....

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ArticleText

snip...There were 342,622 active Class A firearms licenses statewide, according to figures provided by the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services earlier this month. That was up about 24,700, or 7.8 percent, from the same time a year ago.

A Class A license, the broadest license available under state law and by far the most popular, allows the holder to carry rifles, shotguns, or handguns. It also allows the holder to carry a concealed handgun.
...snip

and of course a quote from Rosenthal:

...“It’s all part of the master plan of the gun lobby, and it’s working,” said Rosenthal, a local real estate developer who is co-founder of the Newton-based nonprofit Stop Handgun Violence. “More guns, more fear — more fear, more gun violence — more gun sales.”

He said, “Sadly, more gun licenses will result in likely more accidental gun deaths. It will put more kids at risk in homes. There will be more teenage suicides. There will be more accidents from unlocked guns.”.....

I'm more afraid of the threat of unlocked progressives than I am a 7.8% increase in hopefully unlocked guns. I find it difficult to shoot when my gun is locked up, idk about youse guyz.

Whatever your thoughts on this piece are, I am still sitting here sweating, thinking about how I could be sitting next to someone on the train with a 9mm semiautomatic pistol under their coat. We have a problem here, folks. (brenda73) . .

Brenda, you're not sweating because of a man carrying a lawfully owned semi automatic. you're sweating because you realize that there are people out there, smart people, who don't and refuse to think like you. you are sweating because you thought your bully pulpit would make us change our ways, you are sweating because you know that no matter how much browbeating, no matter how much you stand on the bodies of the dead to make your vapid, often morally bereft points, we don't and will never, do what you want.

we are free. we refuse to be lied to. we refuse to be had. Yes, you are sweating. Yes, you have a problem. And I am not your problem. Your problem stares you back in the face every morning as you apply your makeup, get dressed and think that the world is safe because you're "intellectually superior" and think for not a moment about the dangers that are around you, because you think that other people, be it the police, be it your president, will protect you.

What's going to happen, Brenda, when you're proven wrong? I don't wish this upon you, but are you going to sweat more at the thought of a lawful gun owner with no ill intent towards you whatsoever or when someone has a knife to your throat, demanding your valuables, demanding your money, demanding your body, demanding....your life?

That should make you sweat. Not A. Linden. Not his gun. Not me or my gun.

The question is, will you wake up from your false sense of security before that happens?

Im not a praying man, but if there is a God and I'm wrong, I really hope for your sake, that you do.

sincerely

AngelKing

Whatever your thoughts on this piece are, I am still sitting here sweating, thinking about how I could be sitting next to someone on the train with a 9mm semiautomatic pistol under their coat. We have a problem here, folks. (brenda73) . .

Brenda, you're not sweating because of a man carrying a lawfully owned semi automatic. you're sweating because you realize that there are people out there, smart people, who don't and refuse to think like you. you are sweating because you thought your bully pulpit would make us change our ways, you are sweating because you know that no matter how much browbeating, no matter how much you stand on the bodies of the dead to make your vapid, often morally bereft points, we don't and will never, do what you want.

Send It?

Send it. It strikes at the heart of their bullshit fantasy. You're going after her feelings and feelings is all they have.

You can't send it unless you are a subscriber. Which involves sending money to the Globe.

Hence the liberal bias of the comments. Because few gun owners subscribe to that liberal rag.

You can't send it unless you are a subscriber. Which involves sending money to the Globe.

Hence the liberal bias of the comments. Because few gun owners subscribe to that liberal rag.

I know it requires a sub, but it was a solid response. Unfortunately, he also runs the risk of his comment not being posted.

All I can say is I've been through more situations than anyone I know. And I've been fine before AND after. And if I'm gonna (or anyone else here) be worried that the pisshead MA idiots are gonna be extremely upset with me should I have to use a gun, then I wouldn't even carry the thing to begin with.... We all know they would fry my ass if I DARED to defend myself here in the CommonPuke where "they" really don't encourage self help.
If you insist that you'd be "shaken up" before, during and/or after using a firearm in self defense then go ahead and tell yourself that. I don't ever tell anyone else what to believe. I can only tell you, having been in situations, what I believe, and I believe in my ability to remain calm should I ever be faced with yet another "situation". That's all. I'm not being nonchalant or bravado, or whatever. But to use a different analogy, and I'm NOT comparing the two and not saying it's "just like killing someone in self defense", but remember the guy Sully who landed the jet in the Hudson? The one thing, in his own words, that helped him in that situation was training and believing in himself.
Maybe I didn't phrase it the way I intended to initially, but that's what I was trying to get at. Think Sully drove to the airport with any self doubt that morning? He believed in himself and the entire world said "Wow, listen to his radio transmissions, and look at what he did.. imagine being that cool under stress??" etc etc etc. And I just prefer to believe in myself and have zero self doubt. That's all. You might wanna have the thoughts in your head "There's no way someone wouldn't be shook up" etc.
I just happen to disagree. That's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom