I wish there were a way....

...to donate to the NRA in honor of a particular anti-gunner politician or activist, and to have the NRA send them a nice card to inform them. For example, I donated to the NRA in honor of (in my mind only) Deval Patrick and his misguided one-gun-a-month idea for the state of Massachusetts. (I read this on his web-site, http://www.devalpatrick.com/mmf_overview.cfm --search for "Comprehensive Strategy on Guns and Violence").

Wouldn't it be great if the NRA could send Deval a nice embossed postcard informing him of this donation in his honor? Or....maybe I can have some formal postcards made up (not using the "NRA" logo of course) and send them myself. I'm always looking for ideas to combat the stress of living in the People's Republic of Massa-stupids.[thinking]

How about a postcard like this?:

Dear _______________________,

I am very pleased to inform you that a donation in the amount of $____ has been made to the National Rifle Association in honor of: __________________________________________

Without the notable efforts of people like you, 4 million ordinary Americans would not be members of the NRA, and its work to protect the Second Amendment rights of lawful gun owners such as myself could not be as effective.

I will be sure to contemplate your special role in getting me involved in this issue, as I regularly patronize my local shooting range.

Sincerely,

I think this is a great idea. Send it along to the NRA/ILA...I'll bet it would bring in some cash and make our rps sit up and take notice.

Back
Top Bottom