I Was Just Trolled for an Illegal Purchse

In another forum there was a similar issue where a random user PM’ed people asking them (forum user) to buy something for them and they (scammer) would pay then back plus a commission for helping get it. These never went anywhere because the recipient noticed how bad they were Typical broken English, terrible grammar, lack of knowledge of what the presumed product was, and the general tell-tale signs of a foreign scam.
sownz lik 1 i rote.

No idea ... Either way, "I" was not the moron.

Just went to look for the name. Erased from my PM's
I did save the email that PM generated.
"Chrostopher7983" was the user. That profile is now missing.
I looked up the phone number the "seller" was using, it is a Voip posing as a landline that takes texts.

Before the account was deleted for "christopher7983" it was as follows, see Christopher7983

His profile states he was born April 2, 1965 and is a 53 year old male

Side Note: When I see "7983" appended to the account name I think of the years "1979-1983", which coincides with the years of attending high school if you're 53 years of age.

The same person created an account on Hardforum (and it's still active) within the same week he created an account on NES; see Christopher7983

The same person created an account on Sound Forums (and it's still active) within same week reflecting the name "Christopher Brumfield" residing in Utah, see Christopher Brumfield

The account name "christopher7983" and its associated gmail address (cbrumfiel7983@) was recently id'd as the latest in association with a specific IP address for sending spam on 2/6/2019 by "Stop Forum Spam"; see Stop Forum Spam IP Check - 207.244.89.106

The IP address involved is registered to an attorney firm located in Boston, see Whois-RWS

Interesting...

Last edited:
I always clear my browsing history before I leave my computer. I recently logged on to my email and I got a suspicious activity notice. I guess that they are copying and selling browsing history and had none to see. If your NES browsing history is being sold, then that may be a fiching source.

Data dredging - Wikipedia

Before the account was deleted for "christopher7983" it was as follows, see Christopher7983
A couple of weeks ago I’ve received the notifying email about PM on NES from that ^ account .
When I checked there wasn’t any PM’s from mentioned account.

His profile states he was born April 2, 1965 and is a 53 year old male

Side Note: When I see "7983" appended to the account name I think of the years "1979-1983", which coincides with the years of attending high school if you're 53 years of age.

The same person created an account on Hardforum (and it's still active) within the same week he created an account on NES; see Christopher7983

The same person created an account on Sound Forums (and it's still active) within same week reflecting the name "Christopher Brumfield" residing in Utah, see Christopher Brumfield

The account name "christopher7983" and its associated gmail address (cbrumfiel7983@) was recently id'd as the latest in association with a specific IP address for sending spam on 2/6/2019 by "Stop Forum Spam"; see Stop Forum Spam IP Check - 207.244.89.106

The IP address involved is registered to an attorney firm located in Boston, see Whois-RWS

Interesting...
Bizapedia has the firm dissolving in 1984. Also the Customs house (firm address) is no a Marriott timeshare I believe

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m starting to distrust this interwebby thingy.

So far I helped a prince who lost his fortune, a marine stuck in foreign hospital with no way to pay, a widow who’s husband fortune is tied up and my Chinese brother stuck at the consulate. The last one I didn’t even know I had a Chinese family connection, I paid 3k for the proof, expecting that in mail any day.

Now your telling the porcelain Glock I ordered from Utah might be a scam, I paid for express delivery as well.

Bizapedia has the firm dissolving in 1984. Also the Customs house (firm address) is no a Marriott timeshare I believe

The firm split into two firms with one moving their location to Providence. The main office is located at

Manion Gaynor & Manning LLP
Oliver Street Tower
125 High Street 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02110
(617) 670-8800

So, why would a lawyer be trying to sell Glocks to us? Employed by Maura?

HI Maura!

Just as an FYI, I posted a WTB ad for a Walther PPK and got a scammy-type PM from a guy in Florida. Recently joined, no posts or feedback. Handle is Hooker.

Both make sense,
"Nigerian" scammers will exploit anything and everything they can.
GOV will test "us" in NES and everywhere looking for unwitting accomplices for an illegal activity.

The good news, we all seem to be paying attention.

The one I got wanted to sell me tickets to the Nov 11 Bruins game. I did not respond because the game was several months ago. Email is gone now

Does he stand on a bucket to cook?

No, he's on stilts and Jesus is he fast.

I finally caught him in a havaheart trap last week and dragged him into the car and dropped him off like 80 miles from the house.

When I got home he was standing there in the driveway tapping one stilt and pointing at the door with a foul look on his face.

Last edited:
Sounds like there should be plenty of evidence to show that this Christopher fellow is conspiring to commit some serious crimes, no?

Doesn't matter if he's trying to entrap someone... They are looking for gullible people to make an example of, i say make them into that example. It will underscore that the "problem" they wish existed is a fantasy while doing some real justice.

Hooker. Anyone know how that term originated? Jack.

In the era of British Empire there was a far off shore station where the ladies waiting for their ships to come in would sache about with parasol's and hook the arm of a passing sailor with the crooked or hooked end. It was a method to avoid trouble with the law.

I got a PM from Christopher 7983 on 2/3/19 he stated that he had a Joseph in Missouri at the email [email protected] who had the type of ammo I was looking for,and
that I can thank him later.When I went to NES to look up this guy the page said error. This guy is up to no good,but he is working hard at his home work because I have not posted about looking for this type of ammo in a very long time.

The fact he was trying to sell a Glock was a red flag, I mean who buys those anyway He’s likely targeting the 6.5 Creedmore crowd

I got a PM from Christopher 7983 on 2/3/19 he stated that he had a Joseph in Missouri at the email [email protected] who had the type of ammo I was looking for,and
that I can thank him later.When I went to NES to look up this guy the page said error. This guy is up to no good,but he is working hard at his home work because I have not posted about looking for this type of ammo in a very long time.

Now I'm wondering what type of ammo that could possibly be that you can't just drive up to NH and buy. Why do something "illegal"? Even tyrannical MA hasn't gotten around to banning different kinds of ammo like NJ does.

I don't think it's all about the ammo it's a little more about the money I will send for ammo that I will never get.The ammo is 43 Spanish,do you know anyone in NH that sells it?

Just as an FYI, I posted a WTB ad for a Walther PPK and got a scammy-type PM from a guy in Florida. Recently joined, no posts or feedback. Handle is Hooker.

Again, with feeling, PLEASE REPORT THE PRIVATE MESSAGE.

If you don’t report these things then we don’t know about them.

That user has been banned, which is why you see the error.

The ammo is 43 Spanish,do you know anyone in NH that sells it?
Buncha places.
ci-cuarenta-y-tres-licor-f29f061cb1b7f672.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom