I Was Just Trolled for an Illegal Purchse

I just looked at my PM's to note the sender. PM has been deleted.
Good thing I saved the email that PM generated ...
So, I still have the PM and the senders name.

Was it a trap, or a moron?

No idea ... Either way, "I" was not the moron.

Just went to look for the name. Erased from my PM's
I did save the email that PM generated.
"Chrostopher7983" was the user. That profile is now missing.
I looked up the phone number the "seller" was using, it is a Voip posing as a landline that takes texts.

So did they want you to do a straw purchase or what? You need to give us more details

In another forum there was a similar issue where a random user PM’ed people asking them (forum user) to buy something for them and they (scammer) would pay then back plus a commission for helping get it. These never went anywhere because the recipient noticed how bad they were Typical broken English, terrible grammar, lack of knowledge of what the presumed product was, and the general tell-tale signs of a foreign scam.

Phishing scam? I got a bunch of “offers” regarding a Want to Buy posting I listed. One after the other, same format under different accounts. Something along the lines of “J. Salazar [etc.] has what you’re looking for e-mail him here...” variations upon that. Clearly BS, annoying as hell and yes potentially trying to con you/get you to commit a crime.

Last edited:
If the guy is gone on the PM system it was probably a scammer and the guy got banned. . These guys try to get people to do stupid things involving sending money out over the mail, etc.

i'm a shady guy, i'd have him send it to a ffl here in mass, you know, for inspection. then tell him the ffl will cut them a check if it meets approval. no western union stuff. play along, yank their chain.

I had someone contact me through armslist once who openly stated he didn’t have an LTC, but just wanted to have a gun for the house.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom