• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I think i may "have" found my new pistol

I mean, sure if you’re patient you can find most things in MA, but not as easy as buying what you want in a free state. Pricing is also all over the place. I waited about a year to find my S&W TRR8 (there’s your revolver).

I haven’t seen many Jericho’s and certainly not the newer enhanced ones floating around MA.
No need to be patient. Come on, I won't go into specifics here, but it is not rocket science.

I do run a dot on mine.
Aren't the gen 3 sights though?
I forget.
I thought that it has a better trigger than the M18 and a canik I tried.

It's one of 2 striker guns I own
I had a gen 2 so maybe the improved them

It was too skinny and just was very jumpy for me

I like how thin it was and the grip was great texture

And the capacity of the full size was nice

I haven’t seen many Jericho’s and certainly not the newer enhanced ones floating around MA.

They're not floating around in most places frankly.

That's because absolutely nobody cares about any of those guns. Why would anybody want that when CZ does the same thing but better? (And will have better value on the back side if needed later).

It's like tanfo and the other CZ clones. Yawn. The only reason any of those things even exist is because those companies play "rubbie bums" with different distributors.

@Mountain let's put it this way with the P320 I personally believe most of the ND claims are bogus however there are so many of them now and there are definitely enough that are in the " this doesn't make any sense unless it was legitimate" class at this point.
Until there are more 320 NDs from private owners than LEO, it still sounds like "Glock leg" to me. Yes, the 320 during system is different than Gaston's, but it still sounds like a LEO-only problem.

Until there are more 320 NDs from private owners than LEO, it still sounds like "Glock leg" to me. Yes, the 320 during system is different than Gaston's, but it still sounds like a LEO-only problem.

Yeah, but some of these have happened with guys just sitting in vehicles etc. Also a shitload are private owners though too, although those sound more dubious, like the guy who had an ND in nh after walking his dog

ETA: there's a possible second dimension here with regards to LE style holsters potentially having some kind of weird interaction with the gun. I just think that the idea that every cop is lying kind of strains credulity.... not to mention some of these people aren't actually suing Sig but "have had the thing" happen.

Not to mention most Glock leg incidents are easily traceable to something stupid. P320 incidents seem to have a paucity of substance around them. Although there were several i read that smelled like pure bullshit.

Last edited:
Iwi masada is a better duty gun
Look at the IWI Masada...
I have a Masada. Nice gun but there's a near-total lack of aftermarket support. Even factory parts are routinely out of stock, including magazines.

A number of USPSA guys have reported barrels cracking and frames blowing apart, even with factory ammo. It's much more widespread than with any other pistol I've heard of.

Yeah, but some of these have happened with guys just sitting in vehicles etc. Also a shitload are private owners though too, although those sound more dubious, like the guy who had an ND in nh after walking his dog

ETA: there's a possible second dimension here with regards to LE style holsters potentially having some kind of weird interaction with the gun. I just think that the idea that every cop is lying kind of strains credulity.... not to mention some of these people aren't actually suing Sig but "have had the thing" happen.

Not to mention most Glock leg incidents are easily traceable to something stupid. P320 incidents seem to have a paucity of substance around them. Although there were several i read that smelled like pure bullshit.

A number of USPSA guys have reported barrels cracking and frames blowing apart, even with factory ammo. It's much more widespread than with any other pistol I've heard of.
I'm not above changing my mind with new information like this.

Barrels definitely sounds like a Sig problem, unattributable to shooter error.

I mean what about cz po9/p10?
My other striker is a gen 1 Beretta apx.
Similar to the arex and the Steyr, there's next to no aftermarket for it.
But like the arex, the APX trigger and overall shooting experience was better than the Sig M18 I had as well

The triggers suck donkey balls

I tolerate them because the macro is such a great pistol

But when i can i will upgrade to something with a better trigger

Get u one of these if you live in free america

Pure sex
I hate to agree, cause f*** turkey….but damn. Just shot a canik like two months ago for the first time…..the trigger was impressive for a polymer striker gun. Not sure why they can do better than Glock and sig…

I hate to agree, cause f*** turkey….but damn. Just shot a canik like two months ago for the first time…..the trigger was impressive for a polymer striker gun. Not sure why they can do better than Glock and sig…
I have one that's as good as a 1911 trigger... it's like 2 pounds

If you are definitely moving to MA, buy a bunch of revolvers not in the roster. Forget about anything semi auto, that is easy to get at free State prices.

And I mean a bunch of revolvers, like minimum 6. If you don't like them, you can sell them here and pay for your move.

Also, if you still have time, don't move to MA. Move to Southern NH if you need to be near MA. This State is working over time to rape gun owners.
no, i just reside in more than one state. i want to stay leagal. and dont want to regerster a gun when i return to mass. if its not a gun if it can't fire, then no issue.
lots of cheap AR lowers.
Look at the IWI Masada or Jericho. Get something that is cool, difficult (not impossible) to find in MA (not on the list), and get to show support Israel in the latest anti-israel jihad in the ME.

Or get an HK because they rock and nothing says “f*** the poors” like an HK.

Btw, don’t take @Broc’s advice above unless you want to be considered a dealer by Biden’s woke ATF [pot]
Now your talking, that the type of info /idea i'm looking for. The place i'm looking has HKs, on the IWI dont know much about the masada or Jericho but those look to be full size.
Not hard to find at all. If you are driving to stores and hoping they have one on display, you are doing it wrong.

I shouldn't have to tell this to someone that has been on NES for 10 years and has done a bunch of transactions so I will assume you know people.
store i'm looking at has a lot instock all sorts of things. they have 80 different guns to rent so i could possible try before buy

The mass compliant gun now has a thumb safety.
thanks for that, thats what i dont want, some basterdized gun to be complient.
i shot some of the early 320s production guns at sig and they seem to fit me well and shoot good, there were no problems with thousands of rounds down range betwen the 15 of us. the only problem i had if i remeber right was with my grip, it hit the slide or take down lever and interfered with one shot, i cann't remeber the actual malfunction but it was mosltly me. i beleive they redesigned the size and shape of that control early.

no, i just reside in more than one state. i want to stay leagal. and dont want to regerster a gun when i return to mass. if its not a gun if it can't fire, then no issue.
lots of cheap AR lowers.
I don't understand this answer. You wouldn't have to register revolvers you bring out of State.

Canik are Uglier than Glocks, but they shoot great. I need to get one.
any gun - handguns specifically - are all almost all the same - so the one you buy really needs to sport some serious charisma, otherwise it is just an another piece of, well, junk. :)
caniks are shooting just fine, but, their charisma is at 0.

any gun - handguns specifically - are all almost all the same - so the one you buy really needs to sport some serious charisma, otherwise it is just an another piece of, well, junk. :)

I need the AK of handguns. I want to throw a sandwich in it and not jam it. I don't care what it looks like.

doesn't mass have a rule that you need to FA10 in 7 days when you bring in a gun into the state?
I am pretty sure it doesn't. Or maybe it is for rifles. I don't know, when I leave the State I won't be returning.

@drgrant can educate us.

Pure drip right there

Except the ar its kinda meh

Attachments

• 20231016_103056.jpg
    20231016_103056.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
doesn't mass have a rule that you need to FA10 in 7 days when you bring in a gun into the state?
Yep
I am pretty sure it doesn't. Or maybe it is for rifles. I don't know, when I leave the State I won't be returning.

@drgrant can educate us.
You're probably confused by the fact that most of us can only buy long guns out of state. Someone who has multiple states of residence could reasonably buy handguns in their other resident state, and would be expected to record it within 7 days of bringing it to MA.

The question for each individual, considering the last year or so, is would you really?

Last edited:
lots of cheap AR lowers.

Now your talking, that the type of info /idea i'm looking for. The place i'm looking has HKs, on the IWI dont know much about the masada or Jericho but those look to be full size.

store i'm looking at has a lot instock all sorts of things. they have 80 different guns to rent so i could possible try before buy

thanks for that, thats what i dont want, some basterdized gun to be complient.

i shot some of the early 320s production guns at sig and they seem to fit me well and shoot good, there were no problems with thousands of rounds down range betwen the 15 of us. the only problem i had if i remeber right was with my grip, it hit the slide or take down lever and interfered with one shot, i cann't remeber the actual malfunction but it was mosltly me. i beleive they redesigned the size and shape of that control early.
The xframe is a weird grip...i didnt like it very much

I'd ignore the NES pig piles on certain guns. Nothing wrong with the P320- it's a n-BOOM OW OW OW
Calls 911*
P320 hater of the day, livin' large in the pig pile. [rofl]

images

The triggers suck donkey balls

I tolerate them because the macro is such a great pistol

But when i can i will upgrade to something with a better trigger

Get u one of these if you live in free america

Pure sex
Stock to stock, p320 trigger over my tp9 sf elite. Less take up, lighter take up, crisper break.

That being said, I could (and did) do a lot with the money saved.

Back
Top Bottom