I don't know if you can help

So sorry for your loss.

I don't think you need to worry about counseling affecting your LTC. At the very worst, should the issue ever come up, and somehow your LTC issuance is in question by the police department, your therapist could write a letter stating that they have no reservations about your ownership of firearms.

I am very sorry to read of this sad event and I offer you my sympathy. You have received good advice from several posters. Take a deep breathe and go forward one day at a time. It will take a lot of time and a lot of emotional energy for each of you to move beyond each day. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Warm regards.

I can't even begin to express how I felt reading your post. I am so sorry for your loss. This is a great group to lean on for support.

Condolences to you for your loss and this most difficult time. I understand the firearms are important to you and the boys, try and stay strong for the kids, I have dealt with the Mashpee police before and they seem to be a pretty good group down there. I will keep you in my prayers.

So very very sorry. But hang in. It will get better.

Grief counseling is fine. But I would say if you or anyone has a feeling of suicide or even major depression give the guns to your brother until that is resolved. I think that numbness at this time is natural and expected. Grief counseling will enable you to get through the numbness and discuss what is being felt.

I believe that counselers/psychologists are required to disclose to authorities if they feel you are danger to yourself or others.

Not sure what to say about the gun the police have. But for now the important is to take care of yourself and anyone else in your family. Don't worry about the gun(s).

Please accept my sincerest condolences on your loss.

Any advice I would offer regarding the guns would probably be incorrect and would only add to your difficulty, so I will refrain from doing so.

You, and your family, will be in my thoughts and prayers.

[sad2] Im so sorry. Try to hang tough. I have had this happen to me (though not a spouse) and the emotion of the situation will take a few days to hit. The numbness is normal when you are at rock bottom. From this point you can only go up. Take care of yourself and yours now - concentrate on that.

I cant offer anything but my heartfelt condolences. I am terribly sorry you and the children have to go through this tragedy. My prayers for you and yours.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Thank you all so very much. I've been told by a lawyer that it will need to be handled in probate but it should not be an issue regarding ownership. As suggested I'll just be upfront with whoever we see for counseling my concerns about privacy. Suicidal thoughts are not an issue, today all that's gripping me is anger.

Again I'm sorry to vent. I just feel like I'm venting to people that understand my angle. Thanks for your prayers and kind words.

Pity party \

Thank you all so very much. I've been told by a lawyer that it will need to be handled in probate but it should not be an issue regarding ownership. As suggested I'll just be upfront with whoever we see for counseling my concerns about privacy. Suicidal thoughts are not an issue, today all that's gripping me is anger.

Again I'm sorry to vent. I just feel like I'm venting to people that understand my angle. Thanks for your prayers and kind words.

Pity party \
Don't be sorry. Vent all you want.

Back
Top Bottom