Hypothetical Shotgun Purchase

Let's suppose you are out of town for work, and you happen upon a Remington model 11 12 gauge shotgun in amazing shape with a factory "dial a choke" and amazing engraving and wood checkering for the low low price of $217.

Do you go pick it up knowing the wife will find out?
Don't worry about it, I just told your wife, she is cool with it. Keys are on the roof. 😎

JK.

Seriously!!

a few years ago I came home with a brand new ATV, we had discussed the NEED, but I just went out and did it. She was, OK, with it. Not a week later, she calls me up from the dealership saying come pick up HER new quad!! Touche’.
She sounds awesome! Is she single?

I blew up a snowmobile in Fort Kent ME and came home with a fresh one. No call home. Blew that sled up in Canada the next year but did call home. She said please don’t come home with another new sled. 😂
Hopefully they had a used model on the floor….

A friend of a friend brought home a 250k plus wake boat from a boat show…..wish I could pull that kinda move!

Let's suppose you are out of town for work, and you happen upon a Remington model 11 12 gauge shotgun in amazing shape with a factory "dial a choke" and amazing engraving and wood checkering for the low low price of $217.

Nice shotgun. Browning was a genius. I'm up to 3 browning auto 5s and the model 11 is the same design just made by remington minus the mag cutoff lever.

I'm not a fan of those poly chokes though they don't work that well and are ugly as f***. Wouldn't stop me from buying it though.

No.

You expense it, and tell the boss you spent it on entertaining clients.

I explained it to my wife when she became my steady girlfriend and had a say in how we spent shared money.
I showed her her shoe closet. I explained that I saw 4 identical black shoe pairs. She told me they were different. I said I didn’t care, they seemed the same to me but not her - just like my guns.
I told her let’s be real, when she buys 12 pair of shoes, I’m good for a gun or fishing rod.
Thirty years later we’re still fine with each other’s stupid purchases.

I explained it to my wife when she became my steady girlfriend and had a say in how we spent shared money.
I showed her her shoe closet. I explained that I saw 4 identical black shoe pairs. She told me they were different. I said I didn’t care, they seemed the same to me but not her - just like my guns.
I told her let’s be real, when she buys 12 pair of shoes, I’m good for a gun or fishing rod.
Thirty years later we’re still fine with each other’s stupid purchases.
She knew at that moment that you won't know the difference anyway.

Hopefully they had a used model on the floor….

A friend of a friend brought home a 250k plus wake boat from a boat show…..wish I could pull that kinda move!
That takes huge balls.

The sled was brandy new on the floor. Actually where I limped to they had new sleds. I just started building it up at that point for a lot more fun.

That’s bird has probably paid more for a sack to hold her other crap in. So, ya. I’d do it.

Tell her, I suppose if I was getting a hard time I would stay out of town.

The more important question is why are you frightened of your wife?
This.
I buy whatever I want and my wife NEVER asks me how much or do you really need it etc. No way to live running every purchase by your wife.
When I bought that Hungarian AK last month she's like wow that's a nice one.

Back
Top Bottom