• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How pork chops get to the super market.

i hate touching raw meat! that out in the open now, i had a giant triple thick, or maybe a double, i don't know, pork chop for dinner tonight grilled to a blackend, crispy, well done perfection. all animal meat i eat needs to be scorched, gray and juiceless.

I am always amazed when I watch videos like this and the mechanization involved. I grew up on a small farm and when it came to slaughtering and butchering the half dozen hogs we’d raise every year, it took about four to six of us from sunrise to well after sunset to do the job. It’s hard messy work but boy, the pork sure was good when it finally hit the table. The smell of my mom rendering the lard (not really pleasant) is a smell I will never forget.

Last edited:
There is no shame in this. Rendering a live animal for bacon is an honor. Why do people think it otherwise?

I can't eat meat without thinking about the animal I am consuming. Just like I can't play a piece of music without thinking about what the composer and the aranger was thinking .

Both are a part of life. I'm going to go cook some bacon now.

Reminds me of the debate I had with a co worker She heard me talking to someone about my hunting plans for the fall. She stopped me later that day with the typical anti hunter remarks of "I did not know you hunted.....how can you kill animals"? Well.....we work for a company that makes frozen food products and her job is a purchasing agent for procuring raw ingredients which include meat. I told her that I assume she has no problem eating meat....which she said she had no issues with......I then told her that her opinion is basically that she feels it's ok to pay an assassin to take care of her subsistence needs buy somehow it's not ok for someone to do it themselves. She shut down the conversation at that point.

I find non vegan people that are Ani hunting to be of the simplest and purely self centered mind. Basically the type that reverts to the opinion that because it's not something they could personally handle then nobody should be allowed to take part. Moronic basically.

How could someone be ok with buying meat from a store but that killing it and processing it yourself is bad. I just don't get it.

NO WAY !! I thought they made them from pixie dust and unicorn farts.
Many years ago now, friends invited me over to dinner - husband was making pasta carbonara. He happily mentioned the bacon came from a neighbor who raised pigs, and kindly offered them some... to which the wife added, "I asked my mother to join us for dinner, but when she found out about the bacon, she refused."

"Oh, I didn't know your mother was a vegetarian," I said.

"She isn't. She was horrified when she found out the bacon was from the neighbor's pigs."

"Well, where does she think bacon comes from?"

"The supermarket, pre-sliced and wrapped in 12-oz packages."

Many years ago now, friends invited me over to dinner - husband was making pasta carbonara. He happily mentioned the bacon came from a neighbor who raised pigs, and kindly offered them some... to which the wife added, "I asked my mother to join us for dinner, but when she found out about the bacon, she refused."

"She isn't. She was horrified when she found out the bacon was from the neighbor's pigs."

More for you !![cheers] [rockon]

Amazes me that some people can be that stupid.

you don't want to have a bad day on that job...the skill is incredible though...

Most of the video was sped up a little. However, the guy on the band saw at the beginning of the video was still scary fast and that saw and blade were amazing.
What impressed me the most was the cleanliness of the facility. Outstanding.

If we weren’t intended to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

If we were not intended to eat animals, why are our eyes positioned like a predator? Bifocal vision and depth perception are the traits of an animal that hunts. I also like to point out to vegans that if our ancestors were not meat eaters, humans would never have developed the large brains that got us to the top of the food chain and evolutionary scale.

If we were not intended to eat animals, why are our eyes positioned like a predator? Bifocal vision and depth perception are the traits of an animal that hunts. I also like to point out to vegans that if our ancestors were not meat eaters, humans would never have developed the large brains that got us to the top of the food chain and evolutionary scale.
Evolutionary and biological facts that animal rights activists ignore.

What I don't get are the people who will eat beef. pork and chicken all day long but you mention lamb, venison, duck or rabbit and it's "ewwwww, I won't eat that!". Not because they have ever tried them but because they just won't, there's something wrong with eating anything other than beef/pork/chicken.

DLJ's (Double Leaning Jowlers) shall be set free...

iu

What I don't get are the people who will eat beef. pork and chicken all day long but you mention lamb, venison, duck or rabbit and it's "ewwwww, I won't eat that!". Not because they have ever tried them but because they just won't, there's something wrong with eating anything other than beef/pork/chicken.
At one of our Christmas dinners, I served my family:

thusly:
All Recipes

[smile]

Most of the video was sped up a little. However, the guy on the band saw at the beginning of the video was still scary fast and that saw and blade were amazing.
What impressed me the most was the cleanliness of the facility. Outstanding.
That band saw blade will one day catch him.

Not a job that I’d want to have EVER! Not because of raw meat or vegan shit.....but because it is SO repetitive and must be hard to keep focus....and if you don’t those gloves will protect yuo a BIT......but........

i hate touching raw meat! that out in the open now, i had a giant triple thick, or maybe a double, i don't know, pork chop for dinner tonight grilled to a blackend, crispy, well done perfection. all animal meat i eat needs to be scorched, gray and juiceless.

So, here you go, cobra:

• Warren Ellis's approach to grilling:
    • MAN COOK MEAT WITH FIRE. Not "man show fire to meat and then eat it while it still squirts and pulses." KILL IT DED WITH FIRE YUS. "Medium rare" = "good vet could get it up on its feet in an hour or two." That's not cooked with fire. That's THREATENED with fire.

• I do not season steak. Start seasoning steak and before you know it? You're French.
    • No. I go to my personal butcher and say, "give me a piece of meat that's been sawn off an animal." And they throw me a chunk of animal.
    • And then I saw "show me the animal this meat was sawn off.' And they show me a picture of a crying cow with a gaping hole in its side.
    • And I say "did the animal cry when you sawed my piece of meat off it?"
    • And they show me a ziploc bag full of cow tears. And I say, "Rub THAT on my steak! Let THAT be my seasoning!"
Cow tears....[crying][laugh]

Back
Top Bottom