How NOT to clean a suppressor

Looks great! I have no experience with cans since I'm in the nanny state, but I'm surprised the can wasn't cerakoted or some other durable finish wasn't used? I would guess it depends on the company making them/price etc.

And stainless steel revolvers

I actually did get a 686 from a local PD to fix that had gotten that exact treatment.
Thing was locked up tighter than a bull's bunghole.
Turns out the officer in question would take the grips off and throw it in the dishwasher.
It's stainless right ? Like silverware right ? [shocked][banghead]

I actually did get a 686 from a local PD to fix that had gotten that exact treatment.
Thing was locked up tighter than a bull's bunghole.
Turns out the officer in question would take the grips off and throw it in the dishwasher.
It's stainless right ? Like silverware right ? [shocked][banghead]

Lemme guess... he's the Chief now?

So, after half a gazillion rounds, I decided it was time to clean my XCaliber Genesis .22LR can.
Half a gazillion? After just a quarter gazillion, a .22LR can is packed so full that it's just a barrel extension.

One thing I still want to try for carbon: distilled water and a Hazard Fraught ultrasonic cleaning tank.

As my HS science teacher pointed out, distilled water is the universal solvent. With enough of it, you can dissolve a battleship (so I wouldn't leave the aluminum can in too long. ;) )

Half a gazillion? After just a quarter gazillion, a .22LR can is packed so full that it's just a barrel extension.

With the right amount of pressure that carbon buildup might turn into a diamond...

s-l300.jpg

Nice I have the same pistol but with black slide. Did yours come fully fde? If I destroy the finish on this can I guess I have options. I think it looks ok black with a black slide. 3BF7A7CE-B44B-4942-B3B5-C1E7F3AA73F6.jpeg

One thing I still want to try for carbon: distilled water and a Hazard Fraught ultrasonic cleaning tank.

As my HS science teacher pointed out, distilled water is the universal solvent. With enough of it, you can dissolve a battleship (so I wouldn't leave the aluminum can in too long. ;) )

I usually run my UC with a 1:4 mix of WD40 and mineral spirits. I'll have to try distilled water some time.

Lemme guess... he's the Chief now?
He was a Sargent Lol.
The only time I ever saw the innards of a gun that rusted was a friend who hid his guns in the attic of his camp for the winter.
The roof collapsed and they laid in the snow the rest of the winter.

Back
Top Bottom