• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How much would you pay for it?

Good looking piece DarkJoker but unfortunetily you will never sell it for what it cost you to build. Guns are like houses that way. Sink a ton of money into a house in a shitty neighborhood and it’s still only worth all the shitty houses in the shitty neighborhood.👍🏻

Fun build, OP. Mostly not my taste in AR's but it's cool that you built something you like with (I assume) some favorite parts. I'm actually a fan of Fab defense stuff and prefer it over the usually available crap in the US. However, I do agree with those who think you'd get the most money by parting it out if you were ever wanting to sell. For me, after the upper and lower combo the most important parts are the barrel, BCG, and trigger. I don't think you mentioned the barrel and BCG make?

Titanium takedown pins??
Honestly, more for the color. Didnt care aabout the weight
It was at this point, that the OP realized asking a website full of skinflints what they would pay for an object, was indeed a bad idea.
I fully expected it. Just kinda hoped others would jump in with their builds.
Fun build, OP. Mostly not my taste in AR's but it's cool that you built something you like with (I assume) some favorite parts. I'm actually a fan of Fab defense stuff and prefer it over the usually available crap in the US. However, I do agree with those who think you'd get the most money by parting it out if you were ever wanting to sell. For me, after the upper and lower combo the most important parts are the barrel, BCG, and trigger. I don't think you mentioned the barrel and BCG make?
barrel is ballistic advantage premium stainless steel.
BCG is superlative arms because its part of the piston system

I'm pretty sure others have already mentioned it but you probably wont recover the cost on a rifle built like this and would probably do better parting it out and selling it in pieces.
People generally don't want user-customized guns for a lot of reasons. Firstly because who knows what the parts actually are and if they were installed properly. Even rollpins or detents installed improperly can brick a gun, forget about a barrel or gas-block.
I can take a pile of top quality parts and bubba them so hard that they will not function and could be dangerous.
The first thing I do with buying a used gun is usually replacing any of the aftermarkets parts that someone dropped in. With used AR's, the small parts going to be the first things to go.

I'm pretty sure others have already mentioned it but you probably wont recover the cost on a rifle built like this and would probably do better parting it out and selling it in pieces.
People generally don't want user-customized guns for a lot of reasons. Firstly because who knows what the parts actually are and if they were installed properly. Even rollpins or detents installed improperly can brick a gun, forget about a barrel or gas-block.
I can take a pile of top quality parts and bubba them so hard that they will not function and could be dangerous.
The first thing I do with buying a used gun is usually replacing any of the aftermarkets parts that someone dropped in. With used AR's, the small parts going to be the first things to go.
Outside of cross threading,using a traditional trigger(not a boxed one like i have in this) and headspacing, how does one screw up an AR build?

Outside of cross threading,using a traditional trigger(not a boxed one like i have in this) and headspacing, how does one screw up an AR build?
That's what most people think and this is why I would never buy something some rando assembled or would strip down to parts on day one.

What were the torque specs for your barrel nut? Handguard screws? Castle nut?
Did you stake your castlenut -did you stake our castlenut properly?
How did you support/clamp the upper receiver/barrel when you installed the barrel?
Did you re used your roll pins?
Did you kink your detent springs?
Did you use anti seize on your barrel, muzzle device, buffer extension?
Did you threadlock something you should have put anti-seize on or vise versa?
Did you put your gas block on straight?
Did you align the 1913 rail on your upper to your handrail?
Did you submerge the rifle in some unknown lubricant that required a complete dissassembly, degrease and cleaning and still cant get rid of it. (that one happened to me)

The list goes on and on and on....
There isn't a gun part on earth, bubba can't f-up.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, somewhere in the motorcycle world…

“Practically new Harley w/under 300 miles. Paid $23,500 last Spring, added $9,500 in customization and upgrades (have receipts). Baby on the way, wife said must sell. $19,500 obo. “
100% this. Your upgrades are worth less than nothing to me unless I know who you are, what you know, why you picked them - and my needs are aligned.

You guys would hate my AR's. Not a single accessory except the sling. All but one in A2 configuration. The Black Sheep is an M4 clone flat-top with flip-ups that I pinned the 6-pos stock in the shortest position for "house clearing"...
I'm looking for a couple of decently priced A2 uppers to go with some 80s that I need to get around to. I prefer stock ARs also, the most I want to do is just rattlecan them.

Last edited:
That's what most people think and this is why I would never buy something some rando assembled or would strip down to parts on day one.

What were the torque specs for your barrel nut? Handguard screws? Castle nut?
Did you stake your castlenut -did you stake our castlenut properly?
How did you support/clamp the upper receiver/barrel when you installed the barrel?
Did you re used your roll pins?
Did you kink your detent springs?
Did you use anti seize on your barrel, muzzle device, buffer extension?
Did you threadlock something you should have put anti-seize on or vise versa?
Did you put your gas block on straight?
Did you align the 1913 rail on your upper to your handrail?
Did you submerge the rifle in some unknown lubricant that required a complete dissassembly, degrease and cleaning and still cant get rid of it. (that one happened to me)

The list goes on and on and on....
There isn't a gun part on earth, bubba can't f-up.
Between 40 and 50 ft lbs , good and tight, primary weapon systems ratchet style. no torque spec
No. See ratcheting part
Real avid barrel install tool. ( i have that AR master assembly kit)
no
no
no
no
Yes
Yes
No

When my past job as a mechanic/technician is tearing down motors and putting them back together. I'm pretty sure i can handle something this simple.

Albeit, my first 80% lower, I did bubba and butcher that a bit because ,
1. first time doing it
2. not the correct tools
3. nervous
4. rather shitty directions

thats one butchered diy 1911 that someone tried to bubba for competitiion mounts
That's the fun part, it actually runs really well, and is very accurate. It just don't look pretty.
Moar dings than Han Solo's Blaster.
han-solo-blaster-star-wars.jpg

I feel the same way about someones idea of the "perfect Glock".
[rolleyes]
g27ip.jpg

I wish I could find the photo of the Ruger Mk III shade-tree "Dremel ramp polishing job".

Between 40 and 50 ft lbs , good and tight, primary weapon systems ratchet style. no torque spec
No. See ratcheting part
Real avid barrel install tool. ( i have that AR master assembly kit)
no
no
no
no
Yes
Yes
No

When my past job as a mechanic/technician is tearing down motors and putting them back together. I'm pretty sure i can handle something this simple.

Albeit, my first 80% lower, I did bubba and butcher that a bit because ,
1. first time doing it
2. not the correct tools
3. nervous
4. rather shitty directions
So no anti-seize on your barrel nut or muzzle device? Got it. 😬
Moral of the story is: I have no idea how anyone one has monkeyed up on anything that was "built not bought". Just like when I'm buying a used pistol that has had "action work", I avoid it like the plague, unless the work was well documented and done by someone with a well known reputation or I am planning on replacing everything.
Having the right tools doesn't mean you still cant f-up the job. AR's aren't legos, despite what people say, and slapping together a pile of parts from a dozen vendors is not a recipe for success.
I would pay zero dollars. Hard pass.

57600162e15b8204c78be857e58e5060.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom