• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How much would you pay for it?

DarkJoker33

NES Member
This thread is spawned from another thread I was just reading.

I absolutely fricken hate this......... By @BONESTOCK

So the basis of this thread is for a firearm that you assembled/built and decided to sell from what i gathered.

All joking aside(but being NES,joking is bound to come up), this may give people better advertising/listing ideas for expected pricing on items in the classifieds or elsewhere.

I'll graciously start with my most recent build/assembly.

Parts list:

Sharpes bros livewire lower
Sharpes bros upper
STNGR usa handguard
Fab defense ag43 grip
Fab Defense Gl Shock stock ( EDIT swapped put for ab arms sniper x stock and modded a bit)
Fab defense vts grip
Fab defense monopod butt stock(removable)
Falcon 37 habu charing handle ( EDIT swapped out for side charging unit)
Primary weapon systems buffer tube
Primary weapon systems ratcheting castle nut
DPM systems adjustable buffer
CMMG buffer spring ( EDIT Swapped out for geisslee super 42)
Triggertech competitive 3.5lb flat face trigger
Triggertech ambi safety
Iron City Rifle Works titanium trigger pins
Iron City Rifle Works titanium takedown pins
Iron City Rifle works titanium firing pin
Phase 5 bad lever
CMMG ambi mag release
Odin works extended mag releease
Superlative arms gas piston kit rifle length with adjustable gas block and bcg
Ballistic advantage premium ss 18 inch ,223 wylde barrel
Surefire warcomp
Surefire Warden
Sig Sauer Romeo 8T (adjusted to be on upper only)
Sig Sauer Juliet 6 (adjusted to be on upper only)
POF systems roller cam
StreamLight TLR RM2 with pressure plate ( not pictured)

Only piece I cant recall the brand is the bolt. I think its from aim sports and its a np3 coated one
Probably going to upgrade in the near future to the other sharpes bros reliabolt
20220307_190814 (1).jpg

Last edited:

I absolutely fricken hate this.........

So the basis of this thread is for a firearm that you assembled/built and decided to sell from what i gathered.

All joking aside(but being NES,joking is bound to come up), this may give people better advertising/listing ideas for expected pricing on items in the classifieds or elsewhere.

Parts list:

Sharpes bros upper
STNGR usa handguard
Fab defense ag43 grip
Fab Defense Gl Shock stock
Fab defense vts grip
Fab defense monopod butt stock
Falcon 37 habu charing handle
CMMG buffer spring
Triggertech ambi safety
Phase 5 bad lever
CMMG ambi mag release
Surefire warcomp
Surefire Warden
POF systems roller cam

Only piece I cant recall the brand is the bolt. I think its from aim sports and its a np3 coated one
Probably going to upgrade in the near future to the other sharpes bros reliabolt
View attachment 592413

I wouldn't want to be in the position to have to sell that because you're going to get hosed, unless you have a lot of time to break it down and part it out.

No shop or normal dude is going to fling you more than like $600-850 for that. Because its going to have a lot of stuff that most people dont want in the bundle.

Now if we were talking "the market is under duress and there are no ARs on the shelves" yeah you could label it for $2000 and get every penny tomorrow. But right now? nobody is going to do that when they can just build the thing they want instead of being stuck with someone elses decisions at a premium price.

Honestly? I’d want nothing to do with that rifle, at any price.

I suspect that, aside from one or two REALLY high-end attachments, the pricing for most Lego guns will still rely on who made the upper, lower, BCG, and barrel. Nobody cares about an outlandish muzzle device; you’ll never make that money back, ever.

I wouldn't want to be in the position to have to sell that because you're going to get hosed, unless you have a lot of time to break it down and part it out.

No shop or normal dude is going to fling you more than like $600-850 for that. Because its going to have a lot of stuff that most people dont want in the bundle.

Now if we were talking "the market is under duress and there are no ARs on the shelves" yeah you could label it for $2000 and get every penny tomorrow. But right now? nobody is going to do that when they can just build the thing they want instead of being stuck with someone elses decisions at a premium price.
I fully know I wouldnt recover it. Probably why ill never sell it.
I could throw a normal stock and charging handle on it and get more. Just because of taste and such.

I suspect that, aside from one or two REALLY high-end attachments, the pricing for most Lego guns will still rely on who made the upper, lower, BCG, and barrel. Nobody cares about an outlandish muzzle device; you’ll never make that money back, ever.
Call me curious as to why?

I fully know I wouldnt recover it. Probably why ill never sell it.
I could throw a normal stock and charging handle on it and get more. Just because of taste and such.

The 3rd party piston thing doesnt help either. That's like planet Zebulon McScary to most people (nobody trusts that stuff) unless its like "HK piston AR" or LWRC" etc. I'd probably leave it intact a little while just to see how it shoots but theres a 60% chance that'd get gutted and sold off too.

Honestly the further away a gun becomes from being -pedestrian or familiar the less money its worth. Thats why I dont sell guns like that, typically, unless the market timing is great or something.

Last edited:
Personal preference. I’m sort of a traditionalist.

Taking a nicely functioning, lightweight carbine and attaching a bunch of stuff to it just turns me off. If you posted that WTS and I was in the market for a rifle, I’d probably lowball you and tell you to keep anything that screws on.

And if I were a fan of all those attachments, I’d probably already have my own devices and preferences. I might not want yours.

The 3rd party piston thing doesnt help either. That's like planet Zebulon McScary to most people (nobody trusts that stuff) unless its like "HK piston AR" or LWRC" etc. I'd probably leave it intact a little while just to see how it shoots but theres a 60% chance that'd get gutted and sold off too.

Honestly the further away a gun becomes from being -pedestrian or familiar the less money its worth. Thats why I dont sell guns like that,
typically, unless the market timing is great or something.
Fair enough.
Most people dont know of Superlative arms or piston systems outside of what you mentioned

Personal preference. I’m sort of a traditionalist.

Taking a nicely functioning, lightweight carbine and attaching a bunch of stuff to it just turns me off. If you posted that WTS and I was in the market for a rifle, I’d probably lowball you and tell you to keep anything that screws on.

And if I were a fan of all those attachments, I’d probably already have my own devices and preferences. I might not want yours.
In all honesty, I would probably remove things if i sold it.
Probably the optics and the Warden. Just because i can move them to whatever else

In all honesty, I would probably remove things if i sold it.
Probably the optics and the Warden. Just because i can move them to whatever else

Sounds good. As long as you know that going in.

I think a lot of people get offended when nobody else values their “upgrades” (not you). I see that on guitar and bass classifieds all the time, too.

You guys would hate my AR's. Not a single accessory except the sling. All but one in A2 configuration. The Black Sheep is an M4 clone flat-top with flip-ups that I pinned the 6-pos stock in the shortest position for "house clearing"...

Like see this 1911? I paid maybe 800 for it. Back when ut was originally built, some guy dropped 2 grand into this easy and it included a trashco pro point and a weigand mount. I tried selling it once couldn't even get $375. It serves better as a training gun for noobs.

20210430_213730.jpg
20210430_213713.jpg

Right, the time to sell guns like ARs, AKs, FALs, etc., is at the peak of demand for guns, which spiked around last April (I was keeping tabs on sold Gunbroker auctions for my own amusement).

If there's one thing I've learned, its that people don't take criticism of something they have a strong emotional investment in well. I wouldn't criticize someone's wife, gun, dog, car, etc., unless I knew them very well and I was going to offer specific, pointed criticism. Which I do with friends and family.

Here's the thing - guns are like any other consumer good in that they sell based on whatever a buyer and seller find mutually acceptable, otherwise the deal won't happen. It simply doesn't matter what I or @Picton or @enbloc or @drgrant think. The secondary gun market is a pretty free market, all things considered, because market equilibrium happens when the parties make a deal. And there's a lot that goes into making a deal happen - previous sales of comparable guns, the local jurisdiction, the new retail market, the parties' track record, how serious the parties are, mutual convenience, etc.

I would never ask someone to price my gun for me. I would do that myself based on market research, how much the gun is worth to me as an asset, and how much my time is worth to get around to selling the gun.

Honestly the further away a gun becomes from being -pedestrian or familiar the less money its worth. Thats why I dont sell guns like that,
typically, unless the market timing is great or something.

On the flip side, I don't buy used ARs or AKs as a rule because I simply don't trust the average gun owner to take care of them well. Remember that "there's a chunk missing out of my WASR front trunnion" thread because the front trunnion had baked-on carbon?

I absolutely fricken hate this......... By @BONESTOCK

Parts list:

Sharpes bros upper
STNGR usa handguard
Fab defense ag43 grip
Fab Defense Gl Shock stock
Fab defense vts grip
Fab defense monopod butt stock(removable)
Falcon 37 habu charing handle
CMMG buffer spring
Triggertech ambi safety
Phase 5 bad lever
CMMG ambi mag release
Surefire warcomp
Surefire Warden
POF systems roller cam

View attachment 592413
Problem is, all that 'cool' stuff really doesn't do anything for the 'average' person. It's like a modified car, you just have to be willing for the person who values it to come along, or pull parts and make it more 'stock'. Me? I run either mild optics or irons. Anything within 15 yards is literally point and shoot, no sights, unless you are talking some crazy hostage situation. So I get no value out of the magnifier/red dot setup. One or the other for me.

Like cars and women, it's all about personal preference. Some dude slept with my friend's fat fire plug looking wife, so, I guess there's someone for everyone, more than one sometimes.

@DarkJoker33 what did you think about those wild charging handles? I saw them advertised a couple years ago and was def interesting in the change of format, but I haven’t seen one again until just now. Did you like it? Hate it? Meh?

2D050ECC-82FC-40DE-A4AE-412FB3DB1638.jpeg

Sharpes bros upper

sorry to be an a**h*** - but based on the above - no deal at all. or i would pay $600 top.

aero, odin works, noveske, larue - catch the drift? a minimal that catches the attention would be an aero m4e1 and aero upper combination. or bravo company, gesselle, daniel defence at least.

and you got an OK build there. just not the kind i would jump on, at all. plus, reselling a non-pre-ban lower in MA - meh. just keep it, enjoy it, and keep modding it. it is all fun.
switch the barrel. :)

Back
Top Bottom