• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How much would you pay for it?

I‘d buy the TT trigger and that’s about the only part I’d consider if you parted it out.

Sorry, but assembled Gucci AR’s are hard to sell. A basic AR would sell quickly, but for someone looking to put big money in to one then they want exactly what they want and would probably pay someone to build it new for them if they didn’t do it themselves.

This thread is spawned from another thread I was just reading.

I absolutely fricken hate this......... By @BONESTOCK

So the basis of this thread is for a firearm that you assembled/built and decided to sell from what i gathered.

All joking aside(but being NES,joking is bound to come up), this may give people better advertising/listing ideas for expected pricing on items in the classifieds or elsewhere.

I'll graciously start with my most recent build/assembly.

Parts list:

Sharpes bros livewire lower
Sharpes bros upper
STNGR usa handguard
Fab defense ag43 grip
Fab Defense Gl Shock stock
Fab defense vts grip
Fab defense monopod butt stock(removable)
Falcon 37 habu charing handle
Primary weapon systems buffer tube
Primary weapon systems ratcheting castle nut
DPM systems adjustable buffer
CMMG buffer spring
Triggertech competitive 3.5lb flat face trigger
Triggertech ambi safety
Iron City Rifle Works titanium trigger pins
Iron City Rifle Works titanium takedown pins
Iron City Rifle works titanium firing pin
Phase 5 bad lever
CMMG ambi mag release
Odin works extended mag releease
Superlative arms gas piston kit rifle length with adjustable gas block and bcg
Ballistic advantage premium ss 18 inch ,223 wylde barrel
Surefire warcomp
Surefire Warden
Sig Sauer Romeo 8T (adjusted to be on upper only)
Sig Sauer Juliet 6 (adjusted to be on upper only)
POF systems roller cam
StreamLight TLR RM2 with pressure plate ( not pictured)

Only piece I cant recall the brand is the bolt. I think its from aim sports and its a np3 coated one
Probably going to upgrade in the near future to the other sharpes bros reliabolt
View attachment 592413
I have no clue what its worth but its a damn cool piece for sure.

I‘d buy the TT trigger and that’s about the only part I’d consider if you parted it out.
it is a 3.5lb trigger - not the adjustable 2.5lb nor the diamond. larue one does same 3.5lb and is better at it, at $100 or less, depending on sale.
i still kick my own ass for not getting more of those special edition independence day adjustable ones from eurooptic at the $150 sale they had. got only 2, and now switch lowers around to shoot with them. :)

Barrel length?
18 (it was in the description)
Like see this 1911? I paid maybe 800 for it. Back when ut was originally built, some guy dropped 2 grand into this easy and it included a trashco pro point and a weigand mount. I tried selling it once couldn't even get $375. It serves better as a training gun for noobs.

View attachment 592439
View attachment 592440
thats one butchered diy 1911 that someone tried to bubba for competitiion mounts
sorry to be an a**h*** - but based on the above - no deal at all. or i would pay $600 top.

aero, odin works, noveske, larue - catch the drift? a minimal that catches the attention would be an aero m4e1 and aero upper combination. or bravo company, gesselle, daniel defence at least.

and you got an OK build there. just not the kind i would jump on, at all. plus, reselling a non-pre-ban lower in MA - meh. just keep it, enjoy it, and keep modding it. it is all fun.
switch the barrel. :)
Those makers started as indy shops just like sharpes bros. Just because its not mainstream to you, doesnt mean it not quality gear.
(not taking offense to what you said, just pointing out the obvious)

Just like a car, you are paying for the name and badge.

last i heard and i could be wrong, is that ballistic makes barrels for other companies and you just dont know it.
(Although, fair point i do plan on switching out the barrrel anyways due to the company being a little b!tch and not selling to massachusetts anymore)

@DarkJoker33 what did you think about those wild charging handles? I saw them advertised a couple years ago and was def interesting in the change of format, but I haven’t seen one again until just now. Did you like it? Hate it? Meh?

View attachment 592456
I am a fan. But the primary reason I did it was because of it being a 2 in 1. with my previous stock, the charging handle would not get a full pull because it would hit the cheek rest.

My rule of thumb is upgrades are worthless.

Thats a good-looking gun, but it likely doesn't function any better than a base AR. I'd pay for the optics, free float barrel, I'd consider maybe the bolt if it's one of those shwanky coated things, but other than that I ain't busting out the rent check.

Honestly? I’d want nothing to do with that rifle, at any price.

I suspect that, aside from one or two REALLY high-end attachments, the pricing for most Lego guns will still rely on who made the upper, lower, BCG, and barrel. Nobody cares about an outlandish muzzle device; you’ll never make that money back, ever.
I feel the same way about someones idea of the "perfect Glock".

I am a fan. But the primary reason I did it was because of it being a 2 in 1. with my previous stock, the charging handle would not get a full pull because it would hit the cheek rest.
Nice. Ya I’ve seen some reciprocating cheek rests out there to mitigate that, but this charging handle is interesting. Is it just attached (as an extension) to the regular charging handle or is it all incorporated?

Any issues with pulling on a hard jam without the hook of the original handle?

Nice. Ya I’ve seen some reciprocating cheek rests out there to mitigate that, but this charging handle is interesting. Is it just attached (as an extension) to the regular charging handle or is it all incorporated?

Any issues with pulling on a hard jam without the hook of the original handle?

20211004_190654.jpg

it is a 3.5lb trigger - not the adjustable 2.5lb nor the diamond. larue one does same 3.5lb and is better at it, at $100 or less, depending on sale.
i still kick my own ass for not getting more of those special edition independence day adjustable ones from eurooptic at the $150 sale they had. got only 2, and now switch lowers around to shoot with them. :)

Some places were running ridiculous sales on TT triggers for Black Friday. I wish I would have bought dozens of them at the time.

Some places were running ridiculous sales on TT triggers for Black Friday. I wish I would have bought dozens of them at the time.
it is not the last sale to be, it will be more. just need to keep an eye for it - the diamond one or adjustable. but, again, i am very impressed by that adjustable at #2.5. very nice feel.
it ignites fine 223 and 308 both, and 308 i had on the #34 military thick primer - no issues. did not try it on golden tiger or tula yet, though, but for those i have other rifles.

Not going to lie, it would be fun figuring out things. but at the same time the feeling is this going to blow up in my hand runs through my mind

The worst thing that happened the whole time I've owned that gun is the magwell fell off because someone like jb-welded it on there or some shit. I got a friend of
mine who is an ActualWelder(TM) and he used like a TIG or MIG welder on it (I forget) and attached it back on and ground down the welds, it hasnt fallen off again since. The gun has a modified frame... the frame is actually cut down to reduce its height. This makes 8rd mags stick out a little (USGI 7 rd is only thing that fits flush with the bottom of the magwell) but basically any magazine loads and works in this gun like greased lightning, it is the fastest reloading gun I own, it is really insane how fast you can gas that thing up.

I used to make it breathe fire when I shot pins with it. 230 gr FMJ with 7.0 grs of power pistol under it, POW. I think it clocked low 900s muzzle with that load. I think eventually I bent the guide rod some how but I hit it with some fine grit sandpaper and its all better now, lol.

That thing has also had probably several thousand rounds of blazer AL and other cheap shit lobbed through it. Also lead loads with 200gr SWCs and any other garbage you could imagine.

Trigger is clean and maybe breaks around 3 pounds. I think it has an STI sear and some other hi brow parts sprinkled about.

You guys would hate my AR's. Not a single accessory except the sling. All but one in A2 configuration. The Black Sheep is an M4 clone flat-top with flip-ups that I pinned the 6-pos stock in the shortest position for "house clearing"...
Boring/simple guns are actually more saleable and appealing to most buyers. Once a config starts to get weird the desirability plumetts.

I still wish i had my boring Colt 6520 slabside back. Oh well.

Honestly? I’d want nothing to do with that rifle, at any price.

I suspect that, aside from one or two REALLY high-end attachments, the pricing for most Lego guns will still rely on who made the upper, lower, BCG, and barrel. Nobody cares about an outlandish muzzle device; you’ll never make that money back, ever.
Hold on ! Does it come with bullseyes every shot ??

It looks cool but I have a very similar yet completely different build. As people have said they'd rather just make their own. Unless it's a crazy deal of course.

That grip does look very comfortable though.

It looks cool but I have a very similar yet completely different build.
That grip does look very comfortable though.
nice

it is, I found that fancy adjustable one so-so.Could I have sanded it down once it got my form correct? yes. but it would have been weird to put back on due to the way it is installed and holds it form. But i suppose I could work out a way so it wouldnt come apart.

nice

it is, I found that fancy adjustable one so-so.Could I have sanded it down once it got my form correct? yes. but it would have been weird to put back on due to the way it is installed and holds it form. But i suppose I could work out a way so it wouldnt come apart.
I think I know how to put it.

There is a big difference between building things for yourself or building things that can sell.

Like a car I have built- got it for $37k and then I think it got at least $30k in mods. Is it possible to sell it for $67k? No way in hell. Plus I do not want to sell it ever, as it feels like a glove tight to my skin.

Same with guns like ar15 - same brand lower/upper, minimal aftermarket mods - good sale. If you build it with sale in mind.

I think I know how to put it.

There is a big difference between building things for yourself or building things that can sell.

Like a car I have built- got it for $37k and then I think it got at least $30k in mods. Is it possible to sell it for $67k? No way in hell. Plus I do not want to sell it ever, as it feels like a glove tight to my skin.

Same with guns like ar15 - same brand lower/upper, minimal aftermarket mods - good sale. If you build it with sale in mind.
i mentioned the car thing in post #34.

in addition, the upper and lower are the same company.
The rail was until I found out it wouldnt fit around the adjustable gas block. Also probably, because i picked a heavy barrel instead of a pencil/government. .750

So all the building blocks of the rifle are from a good company.
The barrel would have been from criterion or triarc if it was availible.
But im probably going to replace it with the same barrel company I used for my 6.5 grendel upper(havent shot it yet)

I only pay attention to the upper, lower and barrel in classifieds. I wouldn’t pay much for any add ons because they’re either likely to get replaced or I already have the parts.

Back
Top Bottom