how many round do you pack when conceal carry? [NOT GAY]

Favorite carry is .32 cal Beretta with 7 + 1 in the vest pocket, and a spare mag in the other vest pocket. I know, a .32 is not big or bad enough for most of you. My uncle carried a .25 Beretta his whole life and did just fine. I carry that 950 sometimes.
Archer carries a .32. Good enough for me. [laugh]
Target Sports just got some .32 acp in

To those who keep a box of ammo in the car - why?
First, I don't carry a box of ammo in my car, but I've given the idea some thought many times past and just never got around to it. Getting stranded in New England winter tundra is always one of my fears, rational or not. Firing three shots in quick succession is a distress signal. Well, if it takes 3 rounds per signal, it behooves one to have as much spares as possible.

Can't believe this thread is still going on!

Shield 9MM 8+1
G43 7+1 once in a while.

Winter carry is MP 45C in an Outlaw OWB.

Only time I carry a spare mag is when we take the subway into Boston or real urban areas.
Driving the motorcycle up back roads to Tuckaway tavern to get steak tips i don't usually carry an extra mag.

First, I don't carry a box of ammo in my car, but I've given the idea some thought many times past and just never got around to it. Getting stranded in New England winter tundra is always one of my fears, rational or not. Firing three shots in quick succession is a distress signal. Well, if it takes 3 rounds per signal, it behooves one to have as much spares as possible.

Can't believe this thread is still going on!
I don't have a "box" of ammo in my car. But with all the shells under my seats and in the center console that I dropped during past hunting seasons I'm pretty sure I could throw something together.

Bring this thread up again, as threat level is updated to 'riots, riots everywhere'.

My go-to summer carry is a Ruger SP101 in a pancake holster: stainless steel means better sweat-resistance and OWB is more comfortable in hot weather. I often carry an SW J-frame BUG on weak side. Both conceal easy with a T-shirt over.

I'm rethinking my carry options, mostly due to the fact that it's easy for adversaries to count revolver rounds in a confrontation. With my holsters and mag carriers, I can switch to

1. HK P7 (8+1) with 2 spare mags, 25 rds 9mm
2. Double-stack pistol with 16+1 pre-ban and 1 spare mag, 33 rd 9mm,
3. Double-stack with SW BUG, 17rd 9mm + 5rd .38

I think I'm gonna go with option 3. Hard to beat the versatility of a weak-side BUG.

My deep cover is a semi-auto single stack, 9mm. Have always carried a 7 round spare mag with pepper spray. Recently doubled up on the mags, mostly as a security blanket tbh and probably just to feel like Im doing something extra. Otherwise still G19 with a spare mag and pepper spray. Have put some semblance of a get-home-bag in the vehicle though. First time for that.

This has been a fun read and I've learned a few things.
I've been thinking about the "threat level is update" and I've decided to start carrying a spare mag.
I don't like carrying that extra weight, so maybe I'll buy a new phone that's not so heavy.

Getting stranded in New England winter, Tundra is always one of my fears, rational or not.
Time to upgrade:
GM aggravates you with small things, the Ram's rot out in 2 years, Ford's powertrains are hit or miss, Toyota makes such small #'s of trucks, yet can't make a frame that doesn't rot out, Nissan shouldn't even make trucks. All are junk, pick your favorite color.
[cheers]

Bring this thread up again, as threat level is updated to 'riots, riots everywhere'.

My go-to summer carry is a Ruger SP101 in a pancake holster: stainless steel means better sweat-resistance and OWB is more comfortable in hot weather. I often carry an SW J-frame BUG on weak side. Both conceal easy with a T-shirt over.

I'm rethinking my carry options, mostly due to the fact that it's easy for adversaries to count revolver rounds in a confrontation. With my holsters and mag carriers, I can switch to

1. HK P7 (8+1) with 2 spare mags, 25 rds 9mm
2. Double-stack pistol with 16+1 pre-ban and 1 spare mag, 33 rd 9mm,
3. Double-stack with SW BUG, 17rd 9mm + 5rd .38

I think I'm gonna go with option 3. Hard to beat the versatility of a weak-side BUG.
#3.: You need a spare mag for the 9 and a speed strip for the bug in case you get in real deep and have to share it with a friendly... [wink]

Glock 19, 15rd mag, year round, IWB. Carrying is all about comprimise - I favor comfort and simplicity over carrying spare mags.

Glock 19, 15rd mag, year round, IWB. Carrying is all about comprimise - I favor comfort and simplicity over carrying spare mags.
Well then, shouldn't you carry some KY too? Cuz if your one mag malfunctions, your gonna be f***ed. KY will make it more comfortable.
[laugh]
Just kidding man. Everyone knows how reliable Glocks are.

These days, I am carrying my 365 with a spare mag in a horizontal mag carrier. There is a spare box of ammo in my get home bag. But I have no illusions that my subcompact 9mm is the answer if the world goes sideways. I hope it is enough to get me home to my long guns. If I ever get to the point where I feel I need an AR in my vehicle, I am staying home.

Depends upon what I am carrying. G26 with one 10-rd spare mag or Kahr PM9 with one 8-rd spare mag. Or other with one spare mag, etc.

Back
Top Bottom