• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I applied for renewal on 2/14/21 and got my LTC no restrictions in the Mail today. And my current LTC doesn’t expire until this June. Total of 80 days, I’m Impressed with Mattapoisett.

You can get an EBT card in 3 hours.
I applied two months ago and had my photo taken 6 weeks ago. The police department gave me an approval letter to carry with me. Good thing I don't need to buy anything.

I get continual calls from organizations looking for $$ for the PDs. What I tell them can't (shouldn't) be printed here. Jack.
I love the calls from the police chiefs association(s). The last one to call, I told him that I’d consider give when they would process an ltc within the 40 days. The guy on the other end didn’t have clue what I was talking about. Turns out they are only fundraisers with nothing to do with the association.

I love the calls from the police chiefs association(s). The last one to call, I told him that I’d consider give when they would process an ltc within the 40 days. The guy on the other end didn’t have clue what I was talking about. Turns out they are only fundraisers with nothing to do with the association.
And most are a fraud, not even run with authorization of MCOPA.

Just wanted to say I started the Florida out-of-state license and it literally took one month for the license to arrive in my mailbox. Paperwork was sent on Aug 15, Issued on Sept 8, and in my mailbox on Sept 13. Is crazy how a bigger state can take care of these things so much quicker.

The guys at the Mill in Littleton get their 07 FFLs pretty quick. I've seen it happen in 4 weeks. Application mailed to license in hand. Boston ATF likes us for keeping them busy. Covid causes no delays since they'll just do the interview by phone. The PDs could learn from them. Jack.

Well my green card was up first week of April.

I submitted paperwork and check the last week of January. Finally got photos done end of July and received the new license in August.

This is in Sutton and the young lady that processes them now is an absolute joy to deal with. She is very helpful and friendly. She got thrown the extra duty after the department's licensing officer retired so the delays were understandable. All went very smooth. [thumbsup]

Gloucester:
Dropped off application on 7/16
Received LTC 9/2.

Posted this in another thread as I couldn't find this thread lol.

I moved somewhat recently to Westminster and had to renew my LTC there.

The process was very simple and straightforward. I had a question about the turnaround time and emailed Chief Leblanc, and he was extremely curteous in his reply, and even apologized in the turnaround time. He explained that the turnaround time was due to delays on the state's end, as the dept sends in the applications within a week.

Given my experience in other towns, I wasn't optimistic. Turns out, he was being 100% truthful. The paperwork was sent in at the end of the week.

If the state wasn't dragging their feet, I believe I would have gotten my LTC back within 20ish days (It took 50ish days in total).

Even though she has no bearing on the application process, the front desk clerk at the dept. was very kind (It seemed like they had everything organized alphabetically with a checklist), and I was out of there in less than a minute.

The process was very simple and straightforward. I had a question about the turnaround time and emailed Chief Leblanc, and he was extremely curteous in his reply, and even apologized in the turnaround time. He explained that the turnaround time was due to delays on the state's end, as the dept sends in the applications within a week.

Given my experience in other towns, I wasn't optimistic. Turns out, he was being 100% truthful. The paperwork was sent in at the end of the week.

If the state wasn't dragging their feet, I believe I would have gotten my LTC back within 20ish days (It took 50ish days in total).

Even though she has no bearing on the application process, the front desk clerk at the dept. was very kind (It seemed like they had everything organized alphabetically with a checklist), and I was out of there in less than a minute.
Great post. Glad to hear that some towns and departments are respectful of their residents rights and time.
I doubt residents of Weymouth or Watertown have similar experiences. Which is a shame because they likely could allocate the resources, they just don't want to.

It's been repeatedly shown when people call the state directly for a status check, the state is not the one causing the delays. Also it doesn't make sense that some departments get them done very quickly and other take many months, they all go through the same process at the state level. The locals lie to you with a smile. Remember, the chief is more politician that cop.

Call the state directly and ask the status and process dates, when they got it, when they returned it, etc. Don't trust me, see for yourself.

It's been repeatedly shown when people call the state directly for a status check, the state is not the one causing the delays. Also it doesn't make sense that some departments get them done very quickly and other take many months, they all go through the same process at the state level. The locals lie to you with a smile. Remember, the chief is more politician that cop.

Call the state directly and ask the status and process dates, when they got it, when they returned it, etc. Don't trust me, see for yourself.
The state police background check holding up my LTC was what someone on the DCJIS hotline told me, not the police chief.

I wouldn't be surprised if the state is starting to lie too, at this point. They will pass the blame buck off on DMH or some other agency etc.

Back
Top Bottom