• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Auburn Renewal (Unrestricted) - Me & the Wife
Left applications & checks at PD - 12/22/21
Same day email to schedule interview, LO replied no interview/photo required for renewal
PD called, LTCs ready for pickup - 1/24/22
34 days including XMas & New Year's holidays!
Quite excellent under the circumstances! Thanks for the update.

Anybody else supposedly waiting on the next batch of printing to be done? I hate how this state does anything and everything gun related

Anybody else supposedly waiting on the next batch of printing to be done? I hate how this state does anything and everything gun related
Not through a town but I’m waiting on my Non Resident to come in.

Mailed the application 7/22/21
In person interview 11/3/21
Still waiting for license to come in the mail.

The state says 90 days from interview and said the same thing when I called a few weeks ago. I’m on day 85 today.

When I lived in MA I never waited past 40 days with any of the three town I lived in.

Not through a town but I’m waiting on my Non Resident to come in.

Still waiting for license to come in the mail.

The state says 90 days from interview and said the same thing when I called a few weeks ago. I’m on day 85 today.

When I lived in MA I never waited past 40 days with any of the three town I lived in.
have you called the FRB hotline and gotten an update as to what step your at?

have you called the FRB hotline and gotten an update as to what step your at?
Yes, I called on 1/19/22 and what I wrote above is what I was told.

A few more details was that it was approved and just waiting for a supervisor to sign but they have 90 days from the interview to do so.

Yes, I called on 1/19/22 and what I wrote above is what I was told.

A few more details was that it was approved and just waiting for a supervisor to sign but they have 90 days from the interview to do so.
So your essentially waiting on printing as well, keep me updated on when it comes in or if you call again if you don't mind

@KeeganH13

Update to my post above.

MA non-resident LTC.

Wife’s in person interview 7/16/21
Still waiting for my license to come in the mail.

Wife got hers today with no restrictions.
View attachment 576076
Where does one apply for a non res LTC, just out of curiosity.

My LTC was expired for a while and figured it was time to renew. About 4 months or so passed and I kind of forgot about it. Called one day and left the guy in charge a voicemail and 2 days later they called and said it was ready.

If it seems like it’s been a while, don’t be afraid to call.

That means I can carry my Glock with happy sticks.
(Not sure if anyone told you but Glocks are iweegal for you guys to have). /s
Yeah man, if they are not on the list, we can't own them. We would get in so much trouble if we end up in court for defending ourselves with a gun not on the list.

I play it safe, I wait until the gun has been approved for at least 1 year to make sure it wasn't a typo.

Where does one apply for a non res LTC, just out of curiosity.

My LTC was expired for a while and figured it was time to renew. About 4 months or so passed and I kind of forgot about it. Called one day and left the guy in charge a voicemail and 2 days later they called and said it was ready.

If it seems like it’s been a while, don’t be afraid to call.
EOPS/FRB in Chelsea does them. It's an obnoxious slow process compared to a typical resident license.

EOPS/FRB in Chelsea does them. It's an obnoxious slow process compared to a typical resident license.
I remember those days, interviews in that little room with Cosmo or Cosmos? (weird last name). I think he either retired or died.

I didnt need an out of State license, but this was before I became a citizen and had to get that resident alien FID sh*t on a piece of paper.

@KeeganH13

Update to my post above.

MA non-resident LTC.

Wife’s in person interview 7/16/21
Still waiting for my license to come in the mail.

Wife got hers today with no restrictions.
View attachment 576076

You would imagine it blatantly obvious to anyone truly objective about government bureaucratic efficiency that a seven month long process to acquire a license that is valid for just twelve months is a joke.

The GOAL sponsored bill a few years ago to extent the NR LTC to something like four years naturally went nowhere.

🐯

You would imagine it blatantly obvious to anyone truly objective about government bureaucratic efficiency that a seven month long process to acquire a license that is valid for just twelve months is a joke.

The GOAL sponsored bill a few years ago to extent the NR LTC to something like four years naturally went nowhere.

🐯
Yup, such a simple process that shouldn’t be needed in the first place.
We’ve both lived in MA our entire lives until 10 months ago and both had LTC’s since ~2008 ish.

I’d love to see a case brought forward by Comm2A as well as other states signing on to makes it better but currently I thing the NY case is the only one that may help.
I’d love to see other states argue that MA violates the rights of citizens of the rest of the country by not recognizing the 2A or at minimum in a reasonable and timely manner.

We will need to reapply in about 6 months.
Very happy I left but this is one of the only and by far the biggest drawback.

"Sponsorship" of a bill is not even a concept in the MA legislative process, except when it comes from legislators. And if the bill is filed "on behalf of a constituent" and not "sponsored by the introducing legislator" it is DOA. People new to the game have been known to think that "refer to study" means someone will study their bill.

Last edited:
"Sponsorship" of a bill is not even a concept in the MA legislative process, except when it comes from legislators. And if the bill is filed "on behalf of a constituent" and not "sponsored by the introducing legislator" it is DOA. People new to the game have been known to think that "refer to study" means someone will study their bill.
Why am I quoted in that message, I didn't type that.

Back
Top Bottom