• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Sorry, Department of Criminal Justice - the organization that says yes/no to applicants. I believe they are in Chelsea.
Approved is 6 days to 3 months.
when they say printed itā€™s soon.
just call once a week. They seem to always pick right up and are generally helpful for a MA state employee. Try calling the RMV.

Congratulations, thanks for the update on the town.

4-1/2 months to do a 40 day job sounds about on par with the lazy, repressive, I got mine screw you culture of civil servants in MA.

It's def not her fault, she's so backlogged and the only person working on it. They really should have given her backup!

Also, I know people who reached out a week before I did and got theirs back in November. Not sure what the holdup with mine was but it was definitely frustrating !

It's def not her fault, she's so backlogged and the only person working on it. They really should have given her backup!

Also, I know people who reached out a week before I did and got theirs back in November. Not sure what the holdup with mine was but it was definitely frustrating !
You do understand that other than the picture and prints all they do is type your info into a computer, right?

You do understand that other than the picture and prints all they do is type your info into a computer, right?
That's not all of it. They do get info back and have to open and read those Emails, then respond. If they sit, they sit. I'm pretty sure that they have to send a separate Email request to DMH as well and wait for a response, etc. Still no excuse for massive delays.

That's why they put you in the computer, it's all computerized
Ahh I see what youā€™re saying. Yeah I was told at printing it would be 2-3 months from that day for license. Thatā€™s on top of the 1.5 months it took for the call for printing. Somethings better than nothing

Ahh I see what youā€™re saying. Yeah I was told at printing it would be 2-3 months from that day for license. Thatā€™s on top of the 1.5 months it took for the call for printing. Somethings better than nothing
NH runs the same checks for a P&R, mine took one week, others have reported hours, they might be delaying things just a little in MA.

Newton, MA
In April I was told by PD not until 2021, then received call for application and fingerprinting in August, went in end of September for fingerprinting, received call 9 days later saying I'm approved with mandatory target/hunting restriction, picked up card 11/9. Picking up my two pieces tomorrow and I'm ready to bust a f&#%ing nut!

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpeg

You're a first time applicant I assume? Newton always gives first time applicants the target/hunting restriction. They say they will lift the restrictions after a year.

I've only renewed in Newton and received no restrictions.

Dropped off my renewal application at Mattapoisett today. Because of covid they are using my old license picture. Officer stood at a kiosk in a sallyport, he said its taking three months. And I should have it by my expiration. He took down my email to send me my receipt. Will report back.

Last edited:
Called the hotline today. They stated itā€™s been approved just waiting on printing. He said it should be at Lynn pd in about 3 weeks. Anyone think heā€™s blowing smoke or could this be accurate?

Holy $hit. With the Covid it's probably worse. Thanks for the reply.
They say on the police website, due to Covid and other crises in the country there is an extreme increase in the volume of new LTC applications, delays in the processing of applications should be expected. When I got mine a few years ago I had my interview mid February and LTC in hand June 2nd. Iā€™m sure there are others that may have been quicker.

Called the hotline today. They stated itā€™s been approved just waiting on printing. He said it should be at Lynn pd in about 3 weeks. Anyone think heā€™s blowing smoke or could this be accurate?

It has always seemed the DCJIS reports status accurately. Donā€™t believe they have reason to lie about delays, thatā€™s the domain of the local police who funnily enough usually blame the DCJIS.

After the card is printed and returned to the COP it has to be activated by them and then turned over to you. Some departments are better than others about the timeliness of getting that done.

šŸÆ

It has always seemed the DCJIS reports status accurately. Donā€™t believe they have reason to lie about delays, thatā€™s the domain of the local police who funnily enough usually blame the DCJIS.

After the card is printed and returned to the COP it has to be activated by them and then turned over to you. Some departments are better than others about the timeliness of getting that done.

šŸÆ
Called the DCJIS last week and got that response.
I sent an email to the licensing clerk on Tuesday @ Local PD and she stated ā€œlooks like it is ready, just waiting for it in the mail. I will contact you once I receive itā€

seems odd one place says itā€™s approved but waiting printing and the other says itā€™s ready just in the mail to PD. This is day 89 since application was sent in.

Called the DCJIS last week and got that response.
I sent an email to the licensing clerk on Tuesday @ Local PD and she stated ā€œlooks like it is ready, just waiting for it in the mail. I will contact you once I receive itā€

seems odd one place says itā€™s approved but waiting printing and the other says itā€™s ready just in the mail to PD. This is day 89 since application was sent in.

Doesn't seem that odd, a week ago the state told you it's approved and they have to print it, this week the city told you they are awaiting it in the mail after printing.

As for the 89 days welcome to MA where the motto is, "Yeah you can have your rights but only if we approve of them and only when we get around to it."

Anyway the 2017 state audit showed the average total days for Lynn to be 75, and obviously that was before the shamdemic and the post rioting surge of new applications.

šŸÆ

Back
Top Bottom