• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Is it just my town that lies about ltc processing times? My buddy was told 10-12 weeks. He is at week 15 now and still pending review by the local issuing authority.

I had my interview the first week of may along with my wife and son, my license was approved Sept 25th and was sent to Chelsea for processing, here it is two weeks latter and my wife and son are still waiting for the PPD to approve them, I really do not think it is all the towns to blame, to me it seems like the state, it has been said many times prints and checks are coming back in crazy random order.

Tim

In Plymouth
3/6 Safety course
3/8 Called for appointment
5/16 Appointment (appl. prints, photo)
6/6 Check cashed.
10/2 Issued
10/10 Arrived by mail - LTC-A No restrictions.

Total business days 101

Last edited:
In Webster -

Early July - New LTC application - print and filing at the Police Station
Early October - LTC-A arrived in the mail

Three months total ... Not too bad!

My friend in Rutland
Applied 06-26-2013
approved and waiting for printing 10-08-2013
printed + shipped 10-23-2013
received 11-04-2013
132 days

Last edited:
Doulish, when you view these post from a cellphone using Tapatalk all you'll see is your handle and message, your profile data is not displayed. Not everyone enters their town.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If there is a prize for longest LTC waiting period I would like to submit my name, I am on 161 days, 3 weeks since I was told it was approved, by the time I get it the M&P I bought a few months ago will be outdated and too old to fire the new ammo being manufactured ~ [hmmm]

Tim [laugh]

It's your local PD dragging their feet. They have 40 days from date you apply to notify you if you're approved or not. This isn't an exaggeration , I went an forbthe appointment, got fingerprinted, chief said if I.didn't have my license in my mailbox within 10 days of being fingerprinted then to go down to PD an pick it up. Whole process took 10 days. Clinton, MA. Then bought house in next town over. The day I picked up.the LTC application the secretary said just come in when chief is here. Done in 10 days. Your local PD is what's holding you up

It's your local PD dragging their feet. They have 40 days from date you apply to notify you if you're approved or not. This isn't an exaggeration , I went an forbthe appointment, got fingerprinted, chief said if I.didn't have my license in my mailbox within 10 days of being fingerprinted then to go down to PD an pick it up. Whole process took 10 days. Clinton, MA. Then bought house in next town over. The day I picked up.the LTC application the secretary said just come in when chief is here. Done in 10 days. Your local PD is what's holding you up

39 days for me, in June Thought I did OK.

you can always look at it as one day closer to you getting your permit

I got ya [thumbsup]
I am very upbeat about all this still, I know it was approved class A no restrictions, I hope no one else has to wait so long, I have had fun so far buying all the goodies I am going to need for the range and carry, I am down to just picking up my 9mm now, that is sitting in the case at the local gun shop.

I'll tell ya this thread has helped me out a lot, on the bad days I come here and feel happy for the folks that got theirs, the more there is the better off we all are in the long run.

Tim [grin]

If there is a prize for longest LTC waiting period I would like to submit my name, I am on 161 days, 3 weeks since I was told it was approved, by the time I get it the M&P I bought a few months ago will be outdated and too old to fire the new ammo being manufactured ~ [hmmm]

Tim [laugh]

mine was 4 wks from the date FRB said it was approved. have you called the 617 660 4782 # they can give you a little more detail, like the date it was mailed out.

mine was 4 wks from the date FRB said it was approved. have you called the 617 660 4782 # they can give you a little more detail, like the date it was mailed out.

I have been on that like flies on a rib roast, I call every Wednesday, for the most part the people there are friendly and upbeat, they don't seem to go out of the way to give much detail, perhaps they don't know what is going on besides what's on their computer, there seems to be no one in charge as far as I can figure out, if there is they must not be doing much cause this process is just messed up.

Tim [grin]

Last edited:
This past year, I've had students in Sturbridge and Southbridge get their unrestricted, Class A in less than a month. In Sturbridge, a couple took the class in March or April, submitted their applications in June & had them by the end of the month. In July, I had a student in Southbridge take the class in mid July and by the beginning of September he had his unrestricted Class A.

On the flip side, I had a student from Worcester take the class in May, applied in June and didn't get her unrestricted Class A until October.

Had 3 students in April from Charlton, where it took almost 4 months to get permits. The 2 daughter's FIDs came in 3 weeks before the mother's LTC. The date on the permits was June but they didn't get them until late September/early October.

Framingham: fingerprinting August 8th, picked up licenses October 21st.
Mine is Class A, Restriction: "Sporting and Employment".
My husband: Restriction: "Sporting"
The guy next in line at the police station: Restricted: "Sporting"
My neighbor got it 3weeks ago, Restriction: "Sporting" (Waiting for her was 5months)
Framingham is definitely not a Green town.

All of us first-time applicants.

Last edited:
I have been on that like flies on a rib roast, I call every Wednesday, for the most part the people there are friendly and upbeat, they don't seem to go out of the way to give much detail, perhaps they don't know what is going on besides what's on their computer, there seems to be no one in charge as far as I can figure out, if there is they must not be doing much cause this process is just messed up.

Tim [grin]

not the 660 4722 hotline # the one I posted is a different dept. and in my experience had a little more detail

not the 660 4722 hotline # the one I posted is a different dept. and in my experience had a little more detail

I did try that number they just transfered me to the 4722 number,
found out today my LTC was sent to the PD last week so it should be any day now

Tim

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom