How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

1/30/13 Dropped off application request. Not the actual application but a request to submit an application.

2/7/13 Left message to confirm that they received my application request. No response

3/13/13 Left second message. No response.

4/18/13 Third phone call, individual said that my request is most likely in the officer's in-box and it's taking 2-3 months.

5/22/13 Received a call stating that my appointment would be the following week.

Following week I dropped off my permit. Was told that LTC should be ready in 60 days after I dropped off my reference letters.

Week of 6/3/13 I dropped off three reference letters

7/26/13 While on vacation, received a call letting me know that my LTC was ready for pickup.

Week of 8/5/13 I picked up my LTC A Restricted.

Start to finish, 189 days.

I guess I would have gotten it sooner if I hadn't gone on vacation.

Franklin, MA; Renewal of Expiring LTC-A (Expiration Nov 18, 2013)

Met with Franklin PD for renewal picture on July 17, 2013, paid fee.

Received new LTC-A in the mail on October 30, 2013

Update for my LTC in Methuen

Took my class on 6/5
Submitted my application 6/11
Got call for interview on 6/13
Prints taken on 7/18
Picked up my unrestricted class A today, total of 15 weeks since my prints were taken

1st time applicant in Norwood...applied 10/9, license issued on 10/25 & was picked up today. That is 22 days from prints to issuance, LTC class A w/no restrictions. A very pleasant and straightforward (not to mention FAST) process all around! Many thanks to Norwood PD and the very helpful NES community!!!

My brother - Randolph:

Interview/photos/prints 6/5/13
LTC class A no restrictions rec'd today 11/1/13
21 weeks 2 days

Last edited:
Second renewal in Lowell.

Requested interview appointment: late April. About 3 mos before expiration. Expiration July 22.

Interview: July 15.

Received: November 1.

"Restrictions: None" [party]

I own a small business in Pelham NH, and had submitted a letter with the application in the faint hope my T&G restriction would be lifted.

Last edited:
Congrats to all that got their LTC's [grin]
For those waiting hang in there and just keep familiarizing yourself with the multitude of rules and regs we live under, it helped me understand the circus, maybe it will help you also ~

Tim [thumbsup]

Nice article in this months goal news called ~ State Of Denial ~ it's about the LTC & Renewal process.

PDF File

http://www.goal.org/newspaper/GOAL-October2013.pdf

Tim [thumbsup]

Good Summary of where we stand in the Licensing process... disheartening as hell... but still a good summary.

It's sounds like there's a few glimmers of hope (I like the bill mandating a refund), let's hope one of them gets through.

Finally got my LTC-A (restricted) in Plainville. All told I waited about 9 months, although I think my experience is the exception rather than the rule WRT this town.

Seems like we're losing ground. More restricted LTCs are being issued these days. It looked like we were doing better for a while, then BAM!!!...down the crapper. [thinking]

Seems like we're losing ground. More restricted LTCs are being issued these days. It looked like we were doing better for a while, then BAM!!!...down the crapper. [thinking]
yeah its a little bit of a double edged sword alot of restrictions but also seems some towns checking in that I have not heard form before

Don't know if that's a new issue at all, so hard to say unless we started a poll of then and now type licenses, kind of like a down through the years comparison of each town.

One good thing is I haven't seen many folks posting about getting denied.

Tim

Jesus...6 months...177 days...what is wrong here? there's no way that any process of theirs takes longer in any town/city/municipality...are they just messing with our minds? I remember when I was waiting for mine, I was so excited I couldn't sleep some nights. I guess that comes with the devil dog blood in me...but really?

Six months seems, and is excessive.

Wife's LTC
Plymouth
Almost exactly 6 months from application interview to card in the mail box.

LTC A no restrictions so it's all good just a big wait.

Congrats [grin]

Took me almost that long also, nothing you can do but wait, sure it ain't easy but what can ya do, got mine on Oct 30th, been to the range 4 times so far and went through 450 rounds, it is everything I was hoping for and more, I am having a blast.

Tim [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom