• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Not in the process, yet, but what are the prospects for non-resident? At a minimum, I'd like to be able to take my grand kids to the range when I come to visit. The process seems formidable. Looking at a local gun club for advice and support, but appreciate any advice.

Dude, just take them to a NH shooting range ... you will all have a better time.

Ayer, MA
1.) Turned in my application and paperwork on Jan 8th.
2.) Appointment for finger printing and photo on Jan 16th.

Chief's secretary informed me to expect 6 weeks for processing.

Now I play the waiting game...

Went to Boston Police Headquarters on 11/23/12 to drop off application. Was given a date 12/21/12 to come back for interview, prints etc. Showed on 12/21/12 was processed and given a 12/31/31 Moon Island shooting test (passed). Was told its about 8 weeks from printing date to receipt of LTC. Will report back once license arrives.

Went to Boston Police Headquarters on 11/23/12 to drop off application. Was given a date 12/21/12 to come back for interview, prints etc. Showed on 12/21/12 was processed and given a 12/31/31 Moon Island shooting test (passed). Was told its about 8 weeks from printing date to receipt of LTC. Will report back once license arrives.

Unless you're in the neighborhood , it is useless to "go to" the headquarters, because you will not be able to submit your application at "walk in" time, you have to make an appointment, this can be done over the phone.

Unless you're in the neighborhood , it is useless to "go to" the headquarters, because you will not be able to submit your application at "walk in" time, you have to make an appointment, this can be done over the phone.

Agreed, work nearby and decided to stop by in person. Bottom line is they are running about a month from "phone/walk in" to the actual appointment.

My LO filled out all the forms online right at my interview, and submitted them there.

Seven days later the FRB printed and mailed my LTC.

Three weeks later and my Background Checks are still not complete, so my LO has not yet released my License.

Just curious SC, how did you know that 7 days after your interview the FRB printed and mailed your LTC?

Thanks,

TA

I applied for Class A Unrestricted in Boston. The whole process from the date I turned in the paperwork to when I received my LTC was about 4.5 months. I received a RESTRICTED license to only carry to and from the gun range/hunting (sport and target). If you aren't a business owner and can prove large cash deposits, you aren't getting a LTC Unrestricted unless you are seriously connected. Good luck to those in Boston. Damn Liberals.

Called last week (1/10/2013) for appointment, was told to come in 1/16/2013.
Did everything there at the station, was told that the licensing officer would called me in a few weeks to talk to me.
Was also told that my license would be most likely ready to pick up around this time in March.

I live in Newton. Experience was pretty painless and the women (Trish) who did my finger printing was professional and quick.

So i gave the FRB number another call and they told me that my license was active, and that it was waiting to be printed and sent to the local PD. I was under the impression that active meant the local PD had it and had activated it in MIRCS? Can anyone clarify what active means? Appreciate it.

Just curious SC, how did you know that 7 days after your interview the FRB printed and mailed your LTC?

Thanks,

TA

Two different people who answered the phone at the FRB told me the same thing.

I called them on different days.

One was a young male, another a young female.

Can't see any reason for them to lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone whose Interview was in December 2012 received their License ?

Just trying to figure out what kind of backlog there is.

Last edited:
I applied for Class A Unrestricted in Boston. The whole process from the date I turned in the paperwork to when I received my LTC was about 4.5 months. I received a RESTRICTED license to only carry to and from the gun range/hunting (sport and target). If you aren't a business owner and can prove large cash deposits, you aren't getting a LTC Unrestricted unless you are seriously connected. Good luck to those in Boston. Damn Liberals.

Did they tell you what Class they were recommending you for at the Interview ?

Melrose

My recent renewal. I sat with the seargant on December 4, 2012 for prints and pics.
He called me on December 28, 2012, and told me that my license was ready: 24 days.
Fastest renewal I've ever had. GC

My recent renewal. I sat with the seargant on December 4, 2012 for prints and pics.
He called me on December 28, 2012, and told me that my license was ready: 24 days.
Fastest renewal I've ever had. GC

Congrats !

But another set of PRINTS ?

Do they think we're grafting on new fingers ?

Hi I am about to apply for my LTC in mass. I live in a green gun city so that is a bit comforting... I have taken the FID basic gun safety course already but i was wondering if there is another course I must take to be eligible or is that sufficient. Also if it is not what might I need to take or make it easier to obtain the permit?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom