How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

"The licensing authority shall, within 40 days from the date of application, either approve the application and issue the license or deny the application and notify the applicant of the reason for such denial in writing; provided, however, that no such license shall be issued unless the colonel has certified, in writing, that the information available to him does not indicate that the possession of a firearm or large capacity firearm by the applicant would be in violation of state or federal law."

Last edited:
"The licensing authority shall, within 40 days from the date of application, either approve the application and issue the license or deny the application and notify the applicant of the reason for such denial in writing; provided, however, that no such license shall be issued unless the colonel has certified, in writing, that the information available to him does not indicate that the possession of a firearm or large capacity firearm by the applicant would be in violation of state or federal law."
While that is all good and well, the 40 days does seem like such a random number. Wouldn't it be logical to think they meant 40 business days (aka. 8 weeks). I mean I know what you say is true, but why the hell did they pick 40 days. That all said...if the local PD just sits on your application - the whole 40 day thing goes out the window.

My buddy in Norwood that already got his, and applied a week later than I, was told by the LEO that the whole process should take no more than 3 weeks. 1.5 weeks for Norwood PD to do what they need to do. 1.5 weeks for the state to do what they need and return the card. He questioned that time frame due to all the issues we read here, and the guy said, again, it really should take no more than 3 weeks. In disbelief, he called at 3 weeks and the license was in!

Milford is on point
For 99%. There better be a good explanation when I call tomorrow as to why my background check still hasn't been completed 6 weeks after the application was submitted and people who applied on the same day in Milford, are just now getting their licenses. I'm a little miffed, but until I talk to someone tomorrow, I really don't know what is going on with my application - just that it hasn't gone to the state yet. My check was processed right along with Rotary's and here I thought all was fine...

Day 74 thinkin about callin FRB and check status.I mean checks would have to be done by now i would think. I just want some kind of reply as to what is the hold up. Id like it before Christmas.

Day 74 thinkin about callin FRB and check status.I mean checks would have to be done by now i would think. I just want some kind of reply as to what is the hold up. Id like it before Christmas.

Yes, you should call the FRB number earlier in the thread. If they say it's still at the local pd, there is nothing they can do about it, take it up with your LO.

So if my LTC is "active" does that mean there is a card sitting somewhere with my name on it?

Just wondering if I want to start the nagging phone calls to the LO or give him till the 8 weeks he told me.

So if my LTC is "active" does that mean there is a card sitting somewhere with my name on it?

Just wondering if I want to start the nagging phone calls to the LO or give him till the 8 weeks he told me.
I'm almost positive that "active" means you're approved and just waiting for the license to be delivered.

I'm almost positive that "active" means you're approved and just waiting for the license to be delivered.

I was "active" as soon as it got printed. Then it was just waiting for USPS to deliver to local PD. Also, they just cashed my check yesterday afternoon after I picked up the license.

Yeah he said it's gone. Not sure when they sent it back.

Town: West Bridgewater

From the time I dropped off the application, set up an interview and got my license was a day over 9 weeks. My friend currently is waiting for his ltc and the officer said to expect a 2 month delay due to renewals.

how long does background check really take. Is Lo. really waiting 75 days or is it done and he just hasnt got to it to approve. Anybody have this problem.

really so wen frb says waiting for approval everytrhing is prob done LO just sits on it?

- - - Updated - - -

TALKED TO FRB TODAY THEY SAID WAITNG FOR BACKGROUND CHJECK TO BE APPROVED WHATS THAT MEAN 75 DAYS IN?

really so wen frb says waiting for approval everytrhing is prob done LO just sits on it?

- - - Updated - - -

TALKED TO FRB TODAY THEY SAID WAITNG FOR BACKGROUND CHJECK TO BE APPROVED WHATS THAT MEAN 75 DAYS IN?

I'm sorry, I don't think anyone here can help you. We've all told you what we know and what has happened with us. Typing in caps (yelling) at us isn't doing anything to help you. I'd recommend you call or email your state rep's office, maybe call your chief, or a lawyer.

Even lo that is pro alp and told me i was all set will still sit on it for month or so? Is that true

- - - Updated - - -

not yelling at all was mistake with caps im sorry came off that way

i guess i just heard nothing but good things and from meeting him he was awesome very understanding and doesnt restrict the rites of upstanding citizens told me i was all set its just really confusing

Mail the application in, send it certified. Once they receive it, that begins the 40 days that they are allowed by MGL. If they go over, contact Jason, and jump on that bandwagon.

Weymouth MA
12/23/12 -- no appointments are available call back the second week in January.

Back
Top Bottom